Rummy turned down Time Man of the Year award

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Kudos to him for giving the honor to the troops.:)

"Rumsfeld told guests at a holiday party that in this year of conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. military deserved the honor more than he did" - from article.

:beer::D:beer:

CkG

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Kudos to him for giving the honor to the troops.:)

"Rumsfeld told guests at a holiday party that in this year of conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. military deserved the honor more than he did" - from article.

:beer::D:beer:

CkG

well said Cad
and that shows a lot of class in Rummy.

:beer:

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
LMAO! This couldn't possibly be a little spin coming from the Bush assministration, could it? I hate stupid PR stunts like this. Nothing is real anymore. Everything's a show. I'm surprised the world isn't overrun with PR firms yet...

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
definetly the right choice for Rummy, very honorable
but why should he get the award in the first place?

Jan 12, 2003
If Jeff Bezos, Andy Grove, and Dr. David Ho receive it, the question becomes: Why not? Oh, wait, you "hate him." No need to answer my rhetorical question.

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
If Jeff Bezos, Andy Grove, and Dr. David Ho receive it, the question becomes: Why not? Oh, wait, you "hate him." No need to answer my rhetorical question.

What did Donald Duck do that greatly benefited American people?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I want to join the cheering throng of idol warshipers.

Which one of you is talking?

CkG

Today it's the fawning-subservient-asslicker kicker, why?

Just curious who you were today.:)

CkG

I spose you ought also to know that aside from my efforts to enlighten you on the foolishness of hero worship, or 'hero warshipers' as I prefer to refer to the practice of you mongers, I may as well tell you I'm far too enlightened to buy your curiosity routine. :D I'm a student of human motivation, as you know, this human of course, and I see you in my mirror. Curious, my ass. Hehe. Clearly the you you are today got up late. :D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I want to join the cheering throng of idol warshipers.

Which one of you is talking?

CkG

Today it's the fawning-subservient-asslicker kicker, why?

Just curious who you were today.:)

CkG

I spose you ought also to know that aside from my efforts to enlighten you on the foolishness of hero worship, or 'hero warshipers' as I prefer to refer to the practice of you mongers, I may as well tell you I'm far too enlightened to buy your curiosity routine. :D I'm a student of human motivation, as you know, this human of course, and I see you in my mirror. Curious, my ass. Hehe. Clearly the you you are today got up late. :D

Nope - not really - I was up a bit early this morning and I am the same man today as I have been for quite some time. It most definitely was curiosity - I was curious if you were being your true self for once or if you were trying to play your enlightened mirror routine. I now have my answer. Thanks.

CkG

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: ManSnake

I didn't know Donald Duck was on the cover before...oh, wait, you are trying to funny by calling people with whom you disagree names...oh, I get it...thanks for playing.

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ManSnake

I didn't know Donald Duck was on the cover before...oh, wait, you are trying to funny by calling people with whom you disagree names...oh, I get it...thanks for playing.

I see you most likely have problem with reading comprehension, so for your convenience here is my question again:

Please do not stray from it again, just answer it :D

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
JohnGalt, I loved the part where you said, 01/07/2004 2:10 PM (NEW!)

"I didn't know Donald Duck was on the cover before...oh, wait, you are trying to funny by calling people with whom you disagree names...oh, I get it...thanks for playing. "

Oh, is this different from the thread where I said I was still waiting for the ballyhooed terrorist attack before mid-February and you said, "I know you're waiting, hoping, and wishing.?" [Quote is approximate.]

Is this the same JohnGalt?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Caddy, "I now have my answer. Thanks."

Don't thank me, I was unable to do you any good. I'm afraid you're still riding the same donkey you woke up on. You had your answer all along. Like I said, you weren't curious about anything. I know you better than you know yourself. :D

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
definetly the right choice for Rummy, very honorable
but why should he get the award in the first place?

Agreed on both counts, classy, but why was he up for the award? Bush was nominated for Nobel Peace prize, so who knows.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Time Managing Editor James Kelly appears to confirm Rumseld?s self-effacing act, if only obliquely, in an editor?s note recounting that when he and several other editors ?met with Rumsfeld at the Pentagon in November to talk about the war, [the Defense Secretary] made the pitch, unsolicited by us, that the Person of the Year should be the American soldier. (Or as he put it, the American volunteer.)?
Even if every single event/meeting in that article is accurate . . . calling the Time recognition an award or honor for Rumsfeld is pure BS. In fact, the ultimate article went out its way to state they were honoring the men and women of the US armed forces NOT the policymakers. There's no doubt that we will live with the stark ramifications of his bad policy for decades . . . so he's certainly deserving of notoriety. But famous is not synonymous with infamous.