Discussion RTX 4090 reviews

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004

Comprehensive roundup:

Last edited:

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
actually leaves the second card inside the case, so has perfect opportunity to test thermals and acoustics in such scenario, but he wont even think of running some rendering app that can load both cards at once, instead tests only 4090 under load, claims its 81C is too high and 2 cards is a bad idea and if you really have to, you gotta watercool it. Very informative, would watch again.

Heh, gotta love the internet. That tech tuber has 3.4mil subs and I don't think I'd ever seen his stuff before.

• Haha
Reactions: GodisanAtheist

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Not really.

I mean, it would be borderline acceptable, if FE price was true for the AIB cards as well. But they are significantly more expensive, MSI Gaming Trio is 400 EUR more than FE! here in Europe, and the ones that about the price of FE like Palit one, are apparently significantly inferior than FE, when it comes to quality of PCB and used components - see Buildzoid review of Palit 4090 PCB.

So if FE is not an option (as its indeed not for me, as no Nvidia shop in my country), then i can decide between similarly priced inferior card or significantly more expensive better build one.

On another note, this guy incredibly annoys me:

actually leaves the second card inside the case, so has perfect opportunity to test thermals and acoustics in such scenario, but he wont even think of running some rendering app that can load both cards at once, instead tests only 4090 under load, claims its 81C is too high and 2 cards is a bad idea and if you really have to, you gotta watercool it. Very informative, would watch again.

This is where Caselabs was the best case scenario.

Eff TT

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Flashed my Gaming Trio with the Suprim X silent BIOS.

I don't use increased voltage. Modest overclocks +125 core on top of the already increased base boost clock of the Suprim X BIOS. +1100 memory. Card boosts between 2850MHz and 2880MHz. I've seen it touch 500W briefly when benchmarking. Fans run quiet enough. Tried the gaming Suprim X BIOS. Fan curve with that was way too loud for me.

DooKey

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2005

Hope this is not true. I did not get one yet, since the first batch of stock around here was gone quickly as usual, now still unavailable till at least November apparently.
They probably feel they have enough 4090's in the pipeline to meet projected demand ($1600+ GPUs aren't big sellers) and are going to take care of their datacenter cash cow.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Reactions: igor_kavinski