shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
By a fantastic coincidence I just reinstalled RTCW today.

This looks good but who's actually making it?
Is it ID? Or did they license out to someone else?

Ahhhh! I see its Raven. Good. I dont want ID fucking it up. I understand its their franchise, but I was seriously disillusioned when Doom 3 came out and I dont want a repeat of that fiasco.

tigris649

Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
man i played this game so much. The multiplayer was really good.

Amen. I'm still playing enemy territory on an active clan:D. I can't stop playing it, the multiplayer is too addicting. I hope that rtcw 2 will have the same style of gameplay that rtcw had.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The sp RTCW is one of my all time favorite games. I hope this one recreates the gloomy mood of the first.

tigris649

Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by: lxskllr
The sp RTCW is one of my all time favorite games. I hope this one recreates the gloomy mood of the first.

From the pics on page 4 the game doesn't seem to have the gloomy look from rtcw.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Yup, two the best antagonists of all time are Nazis and Zombies, and anything that has both is bound to be gold...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: tigris649

From the pics on page 4 the game doesn't seem to have the gloomy look from rtcw.

Yea, you're right :^( Well it's still early in development, so who knows how it'll finally turn out. I'll be buying it regardless. I've played every Wolfenstein made going back to the first on an Apple 2][. I can't abandon the series now :^D

I've been thinking about giving RTCW another play through. I just have to tie up some loose ends gaming wise, and I'll give it a go :^)

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
the first RTCW wasn't developed by Id either. Grey Matter did the single-player and Nerve did the multi-player.

I have always like Raven games...I wish they would bring back their Ghoul engine.

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
Finally, a WWII fps to look forward to. Yes, I sincerely meant that, it's been a while.

Although part of me hopes they mess up the single-player and release the mp for free again :evil:.

tigris649

Feb 21, 2008

Yea, you're right :^( Well it's still early in development, so who knows how it'll finally turn out. I'll be buying it regardless. I've played every Wolfenstein made going back to the first on an Apple 2][. I can't abandon the series now :^D

I've been thinking about giving RTCW another play through. I just have to tie up some loose ends gaming wise, and I'll give it a go :^)
You should download enemy territory and come frag with me:beer::D

I really hope they stick to the style gameplay that made rtcw and enemy territory so much fun and addicting.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
So from those links it sounds like its going to be an open environment with quests type of thing and unlockable areas? It sounds a bit like a WW2 version of Mafia Lost Haven. Personally I like the idea of moving on from traditional linearity.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I remember agreeing with the reviews at the time. The single player was enjoyable, fairly polished and had a great atmosphere, but really broke little new ground in that area. The multiplayer was a work of art. I played it for a very long time. I never really thought ET was as good. It had some interesting ideas, but they felt a little thrown together and it lacked polish. Plus, I always felt that the graphics were a step backwards from RTCW somehow. Maybe I just didn't like the art direction. Still, for a free game it was a good deal better then many games that I paid good money for.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
PANIC!!!

My install of RTCW in Vista64 errors out before it really starts :^O

Good thing I saved my old install folder from setup to setup over the years. Ah, good old DRM free gaming. I have my old folder with saved games, and mods that I had collected, and it appears to be working fine :^)

tigris649

Feb 21, 2008
E3 2008 Teaser

The game looks way to colorful IMO(compared to rtcw and et). I hope that helicopter thing didn't foreshadow that there would be free moving vehicles:disgust:. That is what I thought ruined quake wars.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004

The game looks way to colorful IMO(compared to rtcw and et). I hope that helicopter thing didn't foreshadow that there would be free moving vehicles:disgust:. That is what I thought ruined quake wars.

It doesn't look realistic to me. I thought RTCW was fairly believable considering the story material. That clip looks too futuristic... Almost like UT3 meets MOHAA :^/

tigris649

Feb 21, 2008

It doesn't look realistic to me. I thought RTCW was fairly believable considering the story material. That clip looks too futuristic... Almost like UT3 meets MOHAA :^/

Agreed. And wtf was with the flamethrower

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
man i played this game so much. The multiplayer was really good.

Amen. I'm still playing enemy territory on an active clan:D. I can't stop playing it, the multiplayer is too addicting. I hope that rtcw 2 will have the same style of gameplay that rtcw had.

Man, I wish they'd do a true successor to ET with this engine... QW is fun, but I just don't seem to enjoy it as much as ET.

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007

It doesn't look realistic to me. I thought RTCW was fairly believable considering the story material.

with zombies and revived skeletons and Teslta guns and mutant montsers?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Oh man I loved RTCW, I hope this game compares in awesomeness!

Strangely enough though, I hated ET.

KT