Ronald Reagan close to death...Update: He has passed away

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
One of the most successful Presidents in history may not make it through the weekend it looks like :(

Truthfully think I would want to die if I was as sick as Reagan is, does not sound like fun.

IndieSnob

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: NightCrawler
One of the most successful Presidents in history may not make it through the weekend it looks like :(

Truthfully think I would want to die if I was as sick as Reagan is, does not sound like fun.

Though I think he was one of the worst politicians of all time, I don't wish him harm. Sorry to break your heart, but this liberal isn't going to jump up and down.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: IndieSnob
Though I think he was one of the worst politicians of all time, I don't wish him harm. Sorry to break your heart, but this liberal isn't going to jump up and down.

Me either. Peace to him and his family.

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003

You really need to grow up a little NC. Jumping up and down? Thankfully he is not a Florida resident or Jeb Bush would be keeping him and you alive despite your wish for death if you were that sick.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
NightCrawler, is it really that hard for you to get out of partisan BS mode and just post the news and pay your respects to the man, without using the "liberal" or "neocon" labels? Geez...

Anyway, all the best to Reagan and family.

Bowmaster

Mar 11, 2002
The libs will be jumping up and down

I, too, take offense at this. You have got a serious problem if you think that everyone who doesn't agree with your way of thinking is an insensitive jerk...

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Ha...yes but another board I post to are all hoping he dies and they say there going to have a party. Apparently some people aren't as nice.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Ha...yes but another board I post to are all hoping he dies and they say there going to have a party. Apparently some people aren't as nice.

Glad I don't frequent that board. Those people sound like assholes. Regardless of their political affiliation. And believe me, I've seen so called (They claim to be. But I can't quite think of them as such) conservatives who act in a similar manner.

Basically, an asshole is an asshole. You come across them in all walks of life. Can't avoid them.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
rose.gif

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Point the way to this board.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
etech:

Ok, that's a bit more credible. :)

Too bad, actually, because Reagan was quite the charmer. I liked him a lot on a personal level. (Not that we were close friends.)

Let's hope he has a better death than he has had "life" for the past 10 years.

Dominus vobiscum

-Robert

Feb 10, 2000
Frankly I think this is probably a relief for him and his family in many respects (and I mean that with no disrespect at all). Alzheimer's is about the most painful thing a family can go through, and in my experience (my grandmother had it), the patient often suffers a lot too, from bizarre, paranoiod delusions, and the inability to relate to anyone. May he rest in peace.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Frankly I think this is probably a relief for him and his family in many respects (and I mean that with no disrespect at all). Alzheimer's is about the most painful thing a family can go through, and in my experience (my grandmother had it), the patient often suffers a lot too, from bizarre, paranoiod delusions, and the inability to relate to anyone. May he rest in peace.
Alzheimer, Parkinson, and Huntington are tough ways to go . . . although relatively few deaths are reasonably characterized as "easy".

I really liked Reagan when I was a kid. But by the time I hit my teens it was easy to tell Reagan was an inadequate President. Regardless, the man did his best and seemed like a decent fellow. Hopefully his last days will be peaceful for him and his family.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: Gaard

Point the way to this board.

Look for the word 'Raygun'

Who the heck would want to frequent that board? That place is a joke.

As for the Reagans, truly sad news about his health. He helped close the final chapter in the Cold War and will long be remembered for that, above any faults he had.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
I'll miss him. Gorbachev DID tear down that wall!

May God Bless the Reagan's during this difficult time.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Gravity
I'll miss him. Gorbachev DID tear down that wall!

May God Bless the Reagan's during this difficult time.

Even though I wasn't a fan of his when he was President, in hindsight he had a great impact on our country, much of it for the good.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
I'll never forget listening to Pres. Reagan's speeches with rapt attention. He's the public figure that has had the most profound impact on my life.

I've been regretting this day. I'll miss him.

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
President Reagan is one of those exceptional leaders that can be admired for his personality, even if you disagree with his politics. I never voted for him, but I never felt angry about his policies.

The best legacy he can leave us with is to shine a light on the horrible consequences of Alzheimer's. If you ever have the misfortune of witnessing a relative suffering from this tragic illness, you will come to understand the tremendous injustice that Mr. Reagan and his family has had to deal with.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
An update of sorts:

CNN.com

CNN) -- A spokeswoman for former President Ronald Reagan Saturday downplayed news reports that his health is deteriorating.

In a statement, Joanne Drake, Reagan's chief of staff in Los Angeles, said: "He is 93 years old. He has had Alzheimer's disease for 10 years. There are plenty of rumors. When there is something significant to report, I will do so."

According to sources familiar with the situation, the White House has been told Reagan's death could happen in "weeks or months."