Ron Paul is nuts...

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
If you're completely ignorant about things he talks about and prefer your political candidates to debate the morality of abortion as a way of proving they should be the president of our country.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
America is nuts. It just is. We're good and fucked, and on average, we probably deserve it for being spoiled petty idiots for as long as I can remember.

Ron Paul would get my vote against any of the usual suspects, but there's no way he gets anywhere, sadly.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
If you're completely ignorant about things he talks about and prefer your political candidates to debate the morality of abortion as a way of proving they should be the president of our country.

Uh, fragment.

Aug 23, 2000
My grammar is horrendous and my run on sentences are of epic proportion. Surely that doesn't stop your ability to read.

It makes it hard to understand exactly what you are saying.

Out of the group of candidates from 08 or now, He still is the best choice for getting this country back on track.
You might not like his message, but he speaks the cold undeniable truth. in 08 he was the only one saying we spend to much (the government). We live beyond our means. What are people saying now? We spend to much.
The sad part is, since 06 or 08, can't remember, the US Governments spending has gone up 33%.
He wants to cut government spending which is at an unsustainable level.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
We really need spending cuts as well as tax increases to get out of the hole we're in. Which candidate is advocating that? We have the lowest tax rates in recent history and we're in the worse shape since the Great Depression.

Spending cuts alone won't do it, and lowering taxes further for the rich won't fix it either.

Feb 10, 2000
His foreign policy views are, in my view, pretty nutty, but in other respects I think he talks sense. Foreign policy is, however, a big deal, since national defense is arguably the President's most important role, and I wouldn't vote for someone with such a detached view of the projection of American military power.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if he were nominated. I'll vote for him in the primary because he's the most stridently pro-life.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Foreign policy is a sticky situation. We've gotten ourselves into all of these conflicts overseas and have so much invested that pulling out is a huge burden.

We still shouldn't be over in Afghanistan guarding poppy fields and letting the rest of the world enjoy the cheapest, most pure heroin in recent history.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
It's going to be great when Ron Paul forces all women to wear a red A on their chest for having children out of wedlock.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I have an honest question. If a mother decides to give an unborn fetus a lobotomy, just because they don't want to deal with a human that grows up to be cognitive and just wants to always be its mommy. Is that okay? It was her body, and now that it is out of her body, it doesn't change the fact that it was once her body.

Help me here because I generally don't care about abortion, I just don't want it funded with taxpayer money. But would a woman be allowed to mutilate an unborn fetus not enough to kill (is it even killing?) but just seriously alter the fetus?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if he were nominated. I'll vote for him in the primary because he's the most stridently pro-life.

Strange how pro-life people are also pro-death penalty. And how after the child is born want to penalize the parents for improper care but give no support for proper care. But then you're nuts too.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Ron Paul is widely considered a joke, in both parties, and no one takes him particularly seriously because he's consistently wrong and not particularly bright to boot.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Ron Paul is widely considered a joke, in both parties, and no one takes him particularly seriously because he's consistently wrong and not particularly bright to boot.

people who Vote for status quo corrupt politicians are widely considered a joke in both parties.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
It's going to be great when Ron Paul forces all women to wear a red A on their chest for having children out of wedlock.

I imagine that at some point in you 2300+ post you've made at least one that isn't completely stupid, or maybe in one of your previous accounts, could you please link to that post?

Strange how pro-life people are also pro-death penalty. And how after the child is born want to penalize the parents for improper care but give no support for proper care. But then you're nuts too.

Because criminals have made their choices, and killing others was one of them, while an unborn child hasn't? It's really not a complicated, or hypocritical stance, though I am pro choice myself, it's not hard to follow.

You are also widely considered a joke, and no one takes you particularly seriously because you are consistently wrong, and not particularly bright to boot. Hey that was fun.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I have an honest question. If a mother decides to give an unborn fetus a lobotomy, just because they don't want to deal with a human that grows up to be cognitive and just wants to always be its mommy. Is that okay? It was her body, and now that it is out of her body, it doesn't change the fact that it was once her body.

Help me here because I generally don't care about abortion, I just don't want it funded with taxpayer money. But would a woman be allowed to mutilate an unborn fetus not enough to kill (is it even killing?) but just seriously alter the fetus?
It's cute when you try to put together a logical thought.

Feb 16, 2005
Smaller government, yet involve government in abortion decisions. Makes sense if you're sarah palin, or someone else with the IQ of a house plant.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
people who Vote for status quo corrupt politicians are widely considered a joke in both parties.

What you said quite literally makes no sense.

You are also widely considered a joke, and no one takes you particularly seriously because you are consistently wrong, and not particularly bright to boot. Hey that was fun.

Yeah I guess it makes sense tards are this easily entertained.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com

Smarter then the last 3 presidents and all applying candidates. Maybe too smart for America.

matt0611

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2010
Smaller government, yet involve government in abortion decisions. Makes sense if you're sarah palin, or someone else with the IQ of a house plant.

This is brought up over and over again by lefties..."XXX is for small government but he wants abortion to be illegal !"

See if you can follow this logic...

Some people believe in small government in our lives but they still want murder to be illegal.

Some of those same people consider abortion to be an act of murder, because it is depriving the fetus of life. The same way you can get charged for 2 murders when you kill a pregnant woman.

You may not agree with this but can the resident lefties at least follow this logic? Its not at all hypocritical to want limited government but still want abortion to be illegal.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

At the same time, Ron Paul believes that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion. Instead, it is up to the individual states to prohibit abortion.

:confused:

Nov 29, 2006
It makes it hard to understand exactly what you are saying.

Out of the group of candidates from 08 or now, He still is the best choice for getting this country back on track.
You might not like his message, but he speaks the cold undeniable truth. in 08 he was the only one saying we spend to much (the government). We live beyond our means. What are people saying now? We spend to much.
The sad part is, since 06 or 08, can't remember, the US Governments spending has gone up 33%.
He wants to cut government spending which is at an unsustainable level.

He has had exactly the same message if you go back and watch some his 68' campaign run. He hasnt flipped on any of his issues yet. He talks about what needs talking about, not the usual fluff pieces thrown about to distract from the real issues that matter.