Ron DeFascis asks for a Gestapo

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wants to reestablish a World War II-era civilian military force that he, not the Pentagon, would control. DeSantis pitched the idea Thursday as a way to further support the Florida National Guard during emergencies, like hurricanes. The Florida National Guard has also played a vital role during the pandemic in administering Covid-19 tests and distributing vaccines.

But in a nod to the growing tension between Republican states and the Biden administration over the National Guard, DeSantis also said this unit, called the Florida State Guard, would be "not encumbered by the federal government." He said this force would give him "the flexibility and the ability needed to respond to events in our state in the most effective way possible." DeSantis is proposing bringing it back with a volunteer force of 200 civilians, and he is seeking $3.5 million from the state legislature in startup costs to train and equip them.
--

Hey, this is just for hurricanes, right? Because apparently FEMA, National Guard and Army Corps of Engineers have been "too slow" to respond?

Bullshit. We all know what these forces will be used for:

1) To patrol urban areas during protests and demonstrations (especially those against DeSantis or his administration)
2) To ensure "fraud-free elections" by patrolling certain polling locations (and cordoning off access to ensure long lines)
3) To provide another avenue for ammosexuals and right-wing nutjobs to entertain their fantasies with legal protections in case they use deadly force
*edit* 4) I forgot about sending troops to secure the southern border in Texas...very important for Red states to be doing this!

Maybe this Florida State Guard is where he's planning to assign Kyle Rittenhouse as an intern?

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I fail to see how people do not realize the best solution to America's problems is to split the country in two. Let Florida and Texas lead the way and take the rest of the Deep South with them, plus other shithole states like the Dakotas, etc... Good riddance.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Lol I totally forgot about all the Jade Helm insanity.

In 2015, Republican Gov. Greg Abbott used the Texas state guard to monitor federal military exercises in his state, responding to what was at the time a fast-growing conspiracy theory that the federal government was using Walmart parking lots to prepare for a future state of martial law. Abbott said the guards were just collecting information to keep Texans safe during the multi-week exercises.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This is how broke I (we) are as a society. I think the article said that 23 other states have a similar function, so it's not like this is unique. But it just looks BAD...very very bad given optics and his history.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
This is how broke I (we) are as a society. I think the article said that 23 other states have a similar function, so it's not like this is unique. But it just looks BAD...very very bad given optics and his history.

This is mostly just DeSantis playing to his base and trying to trigger the libs until he shows otherwise.

Reactions: gothuevos

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I had thought about moving to Florida because I like the warm weather and it would be nice to live in a state with no state income tax just in case you won the lottery or you were in a high income bracket and wanted to keep a little bit more of your hard earned money. With Dipshit as governor I think I will pass.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
In other Florida news an employee at a car dealership in Volusia County (Daytona) killed another employee with a metal baseball bat. You can't make this shit up.

Mar 11, 2004
I'm all for this. Hell, I think they should mandate every Floridian over the age of 10 has to enlist, and go on a weekend of patrols every month. They should also be given tanks. Guns aren't enough.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How is this different than the National guard? Isn’t the National guard not already under full control of the Governor/state?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
How is this different than the National guard? Isn’t the National guard not already under full control of the Governor/state?
National guard is ultimately commanded by the DoD, whereas a state guard is commanded by the governor.

Also of interest in that article was DeSantis' request for funding for more armories for the NG. WTF do they need that for?

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
National guard is ultimately commanded by the DoD, whereas a state guard is commanded by the governor.

Also of interest in that article was DeSantis' request for funding for more armories for the NG. WTF do they need that for?
To combat hurricanes. They need guns and tanks to shoot those hurricanes down before they make landfall.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
To combat hurricanes. They need guns and tanks to shoot those hurricanes down before they make landfall.

No, they need nuclear weapons to explode in the middle of hurricanes.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I had thought about moving to Florida because I like the warm weather and it would be nice to live in a state with no state income tax just in case you won the lottery or you were in a high income bracket and wanted to keep a little bit more of your hard earned money. With Dipshit as governor I think I will pass.

I have a couple of years to think about where we will end up. Europe or South America is looking a lot more likely. If they let us in by then.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
With a "$3.5 million" budget, I don't see them training or equipping very many troops... although about the right size to kick start his personal Christian-Al Qaeda terrorist training center. Indoctrination education already in progress.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I'm sure he will find more than enough patriots for his plan.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Really? That seems rather anti second amendment.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I fail to see how people do not realize the best solution to America's problems is to split the country in two. Let Florida and Texas lead the way and take the rest of the Deep South with them, plus other shithole states like the Dakotas, etc... Good riddance.
No keep Dakotas and Kansas. Just taking out Texas and Florida would be more than enough of an electoral college vote refund for New York, Pennsylvania, and Illinois to get back the large electoral vote count they once had. Which were 47, 38, and 29 respectively.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Ron wants his own deputized goon squad that he can use to intimidate and bully his enemies with. Like to wear masks? Watch your back 'cuz Ron's Ruffians are going to mess you up and arrest your ass for non-compliance of his edicts.

It's no different than a how a mob boss uses his goombas to make things go their way.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Sounds like something a fascist asshole would want, sure. Putin got one. Poor Ron is mad he can't bully schools around into endangering kids. Now this scumbag wants to be able to send armed people to enforce his talk radio fueled fascist wet dreams. Floridians think civil rights lets them disrespect ma authoritah! This goon shouldn't even be running a McDonalds.

How anyone can feel DeSantis can be trusted with anything at this point is just amazing to me. Trumpism is clearly a mental disease.

Last edited:
Reactions: conehead433