Ron DeFascis asks for a Gestapo

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
That statement may be hyperbolic, but it's not that far off. The Republican party is still hitching itself to Trump despite his not only losing an election, but inciting an insurrectionist riot. The party is using overt voter suppression strategies that could effectively erase functional democracy. Often, GOP policies amount to just opposing whatever Democrats want, and in some cases are designed to be willfully cruel (like anti-abortion, anti-mask and anti-LGBT legislation).

Those aren't controversial claims — they're easily verifiable, and those approaches have done tangible damage to the political discourse and society at large. If you aren't at least somewhat worried, you aren't paying attention.

It's exactly that, hyperbole. Exaggeration.

Republicans support voter ID requirements (something 73% of African-Americans support btw), and reversing many of the laws that were enacted during the first year of Covid that were actually in violation of state law. Conservatives are a rule-of-law based people, and when you have state attorneys and governors making changes to voting laws outside of the legislative branch (which the law requires), they understandably get a little upset. As for DeSantis, Floridians have some recent history with counties illegally fudging the voter counts, non federal election related, so when viewed from a state perspective, it makes sense.

As for January 6th, the FBI hasn't filed any insurrection charges against anyone. Why? Because it wasn't an insurrection. It was a bunch of narcissistic idiots who thought it'd be a good idea to take selfies when the doors flung open despite tens of thousands of Trump supporters booing at the vandals trying to break the doors down. If it were 1,000 armed hooligans charging federal grounds, yeah, I'd call it an insurrection. But it wasn't. But, hey, it's good click bait, and it riles people up. That's good for ad revenue and subscription rates.

As for GOP policies opposing whatever Democrats want, how is that any different from Democrats opposing whatever Republicans want? You Republicans and Democrats spew nothing but garbage and filth at each other that I'm surprised that you all haven't died off of dysentery. You'll believe any hyperbolic crap that comes your way simply on the basis that it agrees with your party. You think you're so righteous and virtuous, and that the Light of God is shining out your asshole.

You're all being played a damn fool.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Republicans support voter ID requirements (something 73% of African-Americans support btw), and reversing many of the laws that were enacted during the first year of Covid that were actually in violation of state law. Conservatives are a rule-of-law based people, and when you have state attorneys and governors making changes to voting laws outside of the legislative branch (which the law requires), they understandably get a little upset. As for DeSantis, Floridians have some recent history with counties illegally fudging the voter counts, non federal election related, so when viewed from a state perspective, it makes sense.

As for January 6th, the FBI hasn't filed any insurrection charges against anyone. Why? Because it wasn't an insurrection. It was a bunch of narcissistic idiots who thought it'd be a good idea to take selfies when the doors flung open despite tens of thousands of Trump supporters booing at the vandals trying to break the doors down. If it were 1,000 armed hooligans charging federal grounds, yeah, I'd call it an insurrection. But it wasn't. But, hey, it's good click bait, and it riles people up. That's good for ad revenue and subscription rates.

As for GOP policies opposing whatever Democrats want, how is that any different from Democrats opposing whatever Republicans want? You Republicans and Democrats spew nothing but garbage and filth at each other that I'm surprised that you all haven't died off of dysentery. You'll believe any hyperbolic crap that comes your way simply on the basis that it agrees with your party. You think you're so righteous and virtuous, and that the Light of God is shining out your asshole.

Ahahaha, wow. That is just precious. Nothing like someone with his head up his ass criticizing the view others have. Jesse Waters, is that you? Your description of the conservative respect for law would probably sound better if 11 of Trump's associates hadn't been charged with crimes. Being impeached twice, featuring self-incrimination and plenty of evidence, then getting a free pass by repugs twice, haha, really doesn't help either. How many times was Obama impeached? How many people in his admin got indicted? Meanwhile now that Traitor Trump is out of office he's dealing with 29 lawsuits. You were saying?

Project some more loser, it's all your kind have after all. Sure as hell ain't math skills or self-respect. *sad trombone* Let us know when you discover what seditious conspiracy means, maybe then you can stop flailing about with debunked uninformed bullshit.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Lol thanks for showing us, yet again, that righties continue to be the most uninformed people in the US. Like literally nothing you said was correct or accurate.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Just out of curiosity why would we need new laws to ban voting rules you claim were already against the law?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I think you need to get outside a bit more, interact with the world some, and stop watching the news all day.

No worries, I live in Hawaii where as old as I am I still have a full time job and have been accused of having too many hobbies and part time gigs that I'm passionate about excelling at.

Life is good. And you?