Romney Wins!!!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...lie-jeeps-made-china-143057560--election.html

Romney earns PolitiFact’s ‘Lie of the Year’ for Jeeps made in China

Mitt Romney's claim in a campaign ad that President Barack Obama "sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China" earned PolitiFact's "Lie of the Year," the site announced on Wednesday.

"The Jeep ad was brazenly false," Angie Drobnic Holan wrote in her analysis.

Republican scum. Seems they win the lie of the year almost every year. Would you vote for lying scum?

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Coming from one who is himself lying scum, that doesn't have much of a punch.

An insult delivered by a lying piece of scum like you are thraash doesn't exactly hurt my feelings, but the topic was about politicians and Politifact has many attributions that show that Obama has also lied.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
From your own post: "Last year, it was the claim that Republicans voted to end Medicare."
Just wondering where you see that. It's not in his post and it's not in the linked article.

Oh I see, you went two links deep and then attributed that to techs' post. o_O

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
That's the Lie of the Year?

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

Fiat is in “very detailed conversations” with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238), about making Jeeps in the world’s largest auto market, said Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia. Chrysler hasn’t built Jeeps there since before Fiat took control in 2009.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...ild-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

Maybe Google was down that day.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You tell me techs, you voted for Obama and he's lying scum.

I saw my choice as voting for somebody who would slant things to his political favor over against a pathological liar who would say one thing and in five minutes say the opposite if his audience changed. In short, I had to choose between one man who was a usual political liar and a man who had no inner character, no shame, was blinded and corrupted by ambition, and was an all around piece of scum, in my opinion. As a worthless piece of shit, myself, who values honesty highly, I had to accept the dirt I would get on me by voting for Obama. I am morally bound to vote for the lesser of two evils even if it's scummy to do so. I have to think of my country above my self according to my own understanding.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I saw my choice as voting for somebody who would slant things to his political favor over against a pathological liar who would say one thing and in five minutes say the opposite if his audience changed. In short, I had to choose between one man who was a usual political liar and a man who had no inner character, no shame, was blinded and corrupted by ambition, and was an all around piece of scum, in my opinion. As a worthless piece of shit, myself, who values honesty highly, I had to accept the dirt I would get on me by voting for Obama. I am morally bound to vote for the lesser of two evils even if it's scummy to do so. I have to think of my country above my self according to my own understanding.

I voted for Jill Stein for President (Green Party).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I voted for Jill Stein for President (Green Party).

I checked on the vote for 3rd party candidates a few days back wondering about how the folk who tell me to vote 3rd party did and I think the best was about 1%. In other words, at this time third party candidates have persuaded almost nobody to vote for them. Not saying you're almost nothing, mind you, just that the case to vote 3rd party doesn't give me any hope. Like I have said in other threads, get a third of the vote and I will pay attention. I think third party must be for cranks and kooks and weird idea people, not people who have main stream appeal. And like I said, I am not an angel in my own head who can't get dirty with my vote. I really think that folk who vote 3rd party suffer from large egos and ivory tower idealism, that they can't get their hands dirty because of hubris. Just my opinion.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...lie-jeeps-made-china-143057560--election.html

Romney earns PolitiFact’s ‘Lie of the Year’ for Jeeps made in China

Mitt Romney's claim in a campaign ad that President Barack Obama "sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China" earned PolitiFact's "Lie of the Year," the site announced on Wednesday.

"The Jeep ad was brazenly false," Angie Drobnic Holan wrote in her analysis.

Republican scum. Seems they win the lie of the year almost every year. Would you vote for lying scum?

Seems a damn poor example to win "Lie of the Year". In fact, downright incorrect.

Let's examine some facts:

1. Obama did sell Chrysler to the Italians. They are the majority shareholders.

2. The owners of Chrysler and the individual who is president of the Jeep brand are on record saying they plan to make Jeeps in China, and perhaps ALL Jeeps:

Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

Fiat is in “very detailed conversations” with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238), about making Jeeps in the world’s largest auto market, said Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia. Chrysler hasn’t built Jeeps there since before Fiat took control in 2009.

“The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s Auburn Hills, Michigan, headquarters. “We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as “should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...ild-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

So, it wasn't even a lie at all, much less some 'big lie' that deserved an award.

Angie Drobnic Holan is a liar and partisan hack. Why you gobble up her shite without even fact checking OP?

------------------

I'll make my own nomination for "Lie of the Year".

Let's review some of Obama's statements about Chrysler:

At a Colorado pep rally, President Obama praised his GM bailout as an example for American industry to follow.

“The American automobile industry has come roaring back…So now I want to say what we did with the auto industry, we can do it in manufacturing across America. Let’s make sure advanced, high-tech manufacturing jobs take root here, not in China. And that means supporting investment here. Governor Romney … invested in companies that were called ‘pioneers’ of outsourcing. I don’t want to outsource. I want to insource.” Applause!

According to Obama, GM does everything right. It offers high-paying jobs to American workers. It invests at home. GM put American manufacturing back in the high-tech race on American soil. The new GM is good for America, and America is good for GM, as a former GM chairman declared in 1953. GM is back where it should be.

Really?

How about some facts on Chrysler's "in sourcing and "out sourcing" and investing in America:

We need to look no further than General Motors’ own figures to learn that GM outsources almost two thirds of its jobs overseas. Less than one in five GM vehicles are manufactured in the United States.

To be exact: GM’s December 31, 2011 annual report shows General Motors of North America accounting for 98,000 of the 207,000 GM jobs worldwide. But 12,000 of these jobs are in Canada and 11,500 are in Mexico. Accordingly, GM has 74,500 jobs in the United States and 122,500 abroad, even after Obama’s touted surge in Detroit jobs. Almost two thirds of GM’s jobs are in other countries.

GM’s outsourcing is not a slip. GM clearly states that foreign investment and outsourcing of jobs are an integral parts of its growth strategy.

So it now appears that GM’s goal is to make Mexico prosperous, not the good old US of A! In the same press release, GM heralds its upcoming billion dollar investments in its Mexican plants (versus a $100 million investment in Rochester, New York). It should have saved the Rochester announcement for another day.

GM is no less ambitious with respect to manufacturing in the BRIC countries of Brazil, Russia, India, and China. Again from GM’s annual report:

“We will continue to grow our business under the Baojin, Jiefang, and Wuling brands. We operate in Chinese markets through a number of joint ventures and maintaining good relations with our joint venture partners, which are affiliated with the Chinese government, is an important part of our Chinese growth strategy.”

Grace D. Lieblein, President and CEO of GM Mexico, for example, proudly announced in a GM Mexico press release: -snip-

Seems like a good match: U.S. Government Motors with China’s “national champions.” Well, Obama likes government-private partnerships. Our GM is now in cahoots with the titans of the Chinese Communist Party.

GM has the other BRICS covered as well: “We are increasingly well-positioned in Russia, Brazil and India with a $1 billion investment in Russia to turn out a quarter million vehicles by 2015. GM also touts an almost three billion dollars of investment in Brazil “to increase its capacity and modernize plants in the country.” Not all these investments have turned out well. GM is shutting down in Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela. GM should be warned about doing business in Russia. Putin has a nasty habit of taking over foreign operations when they are on the verge of success.

Now who exactly told a lie?

Here's the link for the above. Since this post is already long I'll stop here. But if you're interested in Obama's lies about Boeing go to the second page and have a look.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulrod.../outsourcer-in-chief-obama-of-general-motors/

Fern

Last edited:

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I checked on the vote for 3rd party candidates a few days back wondering about how the folk who tell me to vote 3rd party did and I think the best was about 1%. In other words, at this time third party candidates have persuaded almost nobody to vote for them. Not saying you're almost nothing, mind you, just that the case to vote 3rd party doesn't give me any hope. Like I have said in other threads, get a third of the vote and I will pay attention. I think third party must be for cranks and kooks and weird idea people, not people who have main stream appeal. And like I said, I am not an angel in my own head who can't get dirty with my vote. I really think that folk who vote 3rd party suffer from large egos and ivory tower idealism, that they can't get their hands dirty because of hubris. Just my opinion.

You don't read much do you, or even give in the slightest effort to look beyond what the mainstream media feeds you?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Republicons aren't. :)

Wait 'til Hillary wins in 2016. Mass suicides, anarchy, mayhem and talks of secession....and that's just from those Democrats still upset with Bill and his wandering ding-a-ling. Now just magine how the Repubs are going to react to it. ;)

Last edited:

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Wait 'til Hillary wins in 2016. Mass suicides, anarchy, mayhem and talks of secession....and that's just from those Democrats still upset with Bill and his wandering ding-a-ling. Now just magine how the Repubs are going to react to it. ;)

I'd rather have another negro in the oval office before a female.

KIDDING. DON'T BAN ME! :whiste: I'm not sexist, I have female friends.