Romney promises to give his salary to charity if elected President

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
IKR. That's crazy talk. What has he ever done to deserve it, amiright?

So you were just being a mouthy, ignorant troll then. Oh Biff, how could I ever have doubted you?

Thanks for showing us who the asshole is though!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Rage much?

That sounded better in your head, didn't it? lol

Still, that's funny coming from someone who made up their own lie of a story concerning events 2 years past...in a thread about someone else. Yeah, no rage there at all.

I guess you'll just have to excuse my amusement over you being as wrong as you are, as well as your inability to man up and admit error. Trolls like you make me laugh, what can I say?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Sure, it is a PR stunt...but do you think the charity and the large number of people it helps will care?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
That sounded better in your head, didn't it? lol

Still, that's funny coming from someone who made up their own lie of a story concerning events 2 years past...in a thread about someone else. Yeah, no rage there at all.

I guess you'll just have to excuse my amusement over you being as wrong as you are, as well as your inability to man up and admit error. Trolls like you make me laugh, what can I say?

What lie did I make up? What error did I make exactly? If I make you laugh, why all the petulant name calling? Tell tale signs of insecurity when you have to resort to personal attacks.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Americans need to ask themselves whether they want to elect a man for whom $400,000 is irrelevant to his personal finances.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Americans need to ask themselves whether they want to elect a man for whom $400,000 is irrelevant to his personal finances.

The answer should be YES. We do not want someone where one of their main purposes is to enrich themselves, like Obama did.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
This asshole is going to keep his Nobel Peace Prize award money though. :colbert:

Mittens is going to get a Peace Prize?

If he does I'm guessing he'll opt for a certain, very specific "charity" as opposed to Obama giving his away in a "spread the love" manner.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/obama-gives-away-nobel-prize-money/

Or were you referring to Obama, and just, you know...ignorant of 2 year old news?

Nah, couldn't be. You Obama critics are usually so well informed and clearly above slander.

IKR. That's crazy talk. What has he ever done to deserve it, amiright?

xBiffx said:
What lie did I make up? What error did I make exactly? If I make you laugh, why all the petulant name calling? Tell tale signs of insecurity when you have to resort to personal attacks.

I assume he meant where you directly implied that President Obama kept his Nobel prize money rather than giving it away to charity. You certainly didn't state it plainly, but you also didn't walk it back after reality was shown to not support your implication.

I'm starting to think this is just "election season you" and not actually you.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The answer should be YES. We do not want someone where one of their main purposes is to enrich themselves, like Obama did.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Being president made him rich? That's a good one.

I assume it's a joke and not just a lie, because it is so absurd as to fall squarely in ridiculous territory.

Ha ha.

Last edited:

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Exactly, but the Democrats don't believe in charity - they would rather make involuntary contributions (taxes) to government that will then redistribute it according to who will vote for them.

Politico reported,

The Wall Street Journal wrote,

Yeah because charity worked so well for most of human history!

Hey Charles Dickens, can you believe some people haven't read you yet?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I assume he meant where you directly implied that President Obama kept his Nobel prize money rather than giving it away to charity. You certainly didn't state it plainly, but you also didn't walk it back after reality was shown to not support your implication.

I'm starting to think this is just "election season you" and not actually you.

I didn't say that at all. Actually I was insinuating that Romney is such as asshole he would actually keep his prize money unlike Obama who gave his away to charity. That wasn't a stunt however. So in the end it doesn't matter where his salary goes, he is an asshole. I was agreeing with the hate crowd, although it was a sarcastic attempt in doing so...

Too funny watching you guys fall over each other in attempt to make me look like a liar. Perhaps if you sarcasm meter hadn't gone to plaid....

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
Such partisan nonsense. Can't you just say "good for him?" However small, it's a good move and the right thing to do.

I realize he doesn't need it. Obama is a millionaire too. He doesn't need it either. In fact, most pols dont.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I didn't say that at all. Actually I was insinuating that Romney is such as asshole he would actually keep his prize money unlike Obama who gave his away to charity. That wasn't a stunt however. So in the end it doesn't matter where his salary goes, he is an asshole. I was agreeing with the hate crowd, although it was a sarcastic attempt in doing so...

Too funny watching you guys fall over each other in attempt to make me look like a liar. Perhaps if you sarcasm meter hadn't gone to plaid....

When I called you on it earlier you didn't deny it in any way.

But, hey, great job. Your mastery of irony shall prove a lesson for all of us.

Sadly, you remain far less funny than cybr and his hilarious assertions.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
When I called you on it earlier you didn't deny it in any way.

But, hey, great job. Your mastery of irony shall prove a lesson for all of us.

Sadly, you remain far less funny than cybr and his hilarious assertions.

You're sarcasm meter was already broken by then. I thought my sarcasm was a little too obvious in that response. Guess not.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
You're sarcasm meter was already broken by then. I thought my sarcasm was a little too obvious in that response. Guess not.

Broken? The damn thing exploded!

Oh shit... now I blew my hyperbole meter...

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Then you should argue against their validity, as you just did. That's a far cry from simply hand-waving away all of those complaints and claiming people are "obssessed with Romney's money".

This is the umpteenth time I have done so because this is umpteenth d@mn thread about Romney's money and what he does with it. Thus my complaint.

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

I think 'yes' if only because it'll be d@mned near impossible to bribe or influence him with money.

Fern

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
This is the umpteenth time I have done so because this is umpteenth d@mn thread about Romney's money and what he does with it. Thus my complaint.

This thread was started by a rabid Romney supporter trying to promote this story, which is a transparent attempt by Romney to use his money to positive political advantage.

Yet you only complained about the focus of "the left" on his money.

Why is that?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I think 'yes' if only because it'll be d@mned near impossible to bribe or influence him with money.

Both are millionaires now, though Romney's $350 million is far above Obama's.

Both still need money though -- the campaigns will end up being well over $1 billion for each side when you include the PACs. Strings will be attached.

Both sides also need the support of their parties, which comes with more strings.

It was sad in 2008 seeing how many (non-cash) bribes McCain was willing to take to get elected.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Being president made him rich? That's a good one.

I assume it's a joke and not just a lie, because it is so absurd as to fall squarely in ridiculous territory.

Ha ha.

Barack Obama's 2008 Net Worth: $7,040,386
Barack Obama Current Net Worth (through December 31, 2011, reflecting 2011 tax return data): $11,473,336

http://www.mangoboss.com/ObamaNetWorth

His net worth increased by $4.5 million over the last 3 years and you think being president had nothing to do with it. How much of a moron are you?