Romney lost because...

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Romney lost because people who believe in hard work, and keeping what you earn are outnumbered by people who want to get shit handed to them for nothing.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Romney lost because people who believe in hard work, and keeping what you earn are outnumbered by people who want to get shit handed to them for nothing.

Another dittohead heard from.

Whatever you do, learn nothing from your loss. That will help next time.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
The election was over before FL and OH were finalized. Obama won without them.

Well, that depends. If the GOP continues as it has for the last few years, there may not be close elections for a while.

Ignorant nonsense. "The people" were the ones who voted in all of the states.

:thumbsup:Ahaha, good job calling out the stupidity.

If the election was anywhere to being a close race, you'd still be hearing from Romney asking for recounts. Romney conceded with a graceful speech, how come his flock of sheep can't do the same?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

Your victimhood is noted in our records. Thank you.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

They also voted for him just because he was Kenyan. Its popular to bash on people if you are white, Christian and have a buck or two.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Zinfamous 2016?

I've always said that as soon as I turn 35, I'm running for president, just for shits.

I'll be 35 in 2016...though I think it costs something like $100k, starter, just to be an official candidate? let alone all the other expenses to get on ballots?

Who knows, maybe I will run the first, complete, small donor, internet + 100% write-in campaign.

:D

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I've always said that as soon as I turn 35, I'm running for president, just for shits.

I'll be 35 in 2016...though I think it costs something like $100k, starter, just to be an official candidate? let alone all the other expenses to get on ballots?

Who knows, maybe I will run the first, complete, small donor, internet + 100% write-in campaign.

:D

Kickstarter campaign. Go.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I hope republicans keep going with the Romney was not conservative enough bandwagon. Will be a landslide democratic win in 4 years.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Really, until the Republicans break their ties with the extreme religious right-wingers, it'll be hard for them to elect a President. And what's ironic with this association the Republicans have with the religious fundamentalists is the Republicans back in the late 1970's were quite critical of Carter and his use of his religious beliefs when making decisions.

FYI...Jimmy Carter was a very conservative religious believer, conservative enough to make some so-called members of the religious right today blush.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003

Funny most the highly educated hard working people I work with and myself voted for Obama. I'm earn and pay plenty of taxes and have worked my whole life, since 14 in fact.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
why is that relevant?

Not supporting special government programs for one sex is the opposite of sexist.

You seem to have this delusion that women are somehow identical to men, with identical needs.

this concept baffles me.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You seem to have this delusion that women are somehow identical to men, with identical needs.

this concept baffles me.

(1) Liberals are the ones who have been saying men and women are the same for decades. In fact see comparisons of same-sex marriage to interracial marriage for the latest exampel

(2) Both men and women need health care. So on the question of health care it is irrelevant.

(3) And why do women need special programs to meet their needs, but men do not?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
(1) Liberals are the ones who have been saying men and women are the same for decades. In fact see comparisons of same-sex marriage to interracial marriage for the latest exampel

(2) Both men and women need health care. So on the question of health care it is irrelevant.

You obviously have never been with a woman. Unless you're gay then that's alright.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Romney lost because his pandering to the extremely vocal far-right whackjobs and irrational tea party members to win the primaries and then to motivate them to get out to the polls scared off too many moderates that might otherwise have voted for him had he just stayed with the less extreme message.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

As long as people of your mindset are in the Republican party there will never again be a Republican President!!

It`s nice to have a living and breathing example of what is wrong with the Republican party!