ROFL Anthony Bourdain pwnt by a 10 yo

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
He shoulda punched her in her face, thrown her on that grill, then eaten her on the Czech Republic episode.

OUCaptain

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
It really is easy to dislike that smug d-bag.

Yeah, because nobody on this board acts like a smug douche bag.:\ Take a moment to learn his background before you start talking shit.

I'd say he is a great success for someone who spent their youth doing coke while working on a fry line in NYC.

Mar 11, 2004
Yeah, because nobody on this board acts like a smug douche bag.:\ Take a moment to learn his background before you start talking shit.

I'd say he is a great success for someone who spent their youth doing coke while working on a fry line in NYC.

And what exactly does any of that have to do with not liking him being a smug douchebag? The last thing you posted actually makes him seem even worse in that regard (are we supposed to feel sorry for him or think its cool that he rose above being a loser?).

OUCaptain

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
And what exactly does any of that have to do with not liking him being a smug douchebag? The last thing you posted actually makes him seem even worse in that regard (are we supposed to feel sorry for him or think its cool that he rose above being a loser?).

lets see. Learned to cook by starting at the lowest position in a greasy kitchen of a small restaurant. Earned enough to go to culinary school. Rose though the ranks of highly respected chefs in New York City. Wrote and worked on several top selling books (albeit, among the food crowd). Gained enough respect and fame to get picked up by a major network to host his own show. All the while, sticking to his roots and never changing himself for the sake of TV (although I think he might have quit smoking due to pressure of the execs, bad image and all... not really a bad thing though).

He deserves respect. The day you have achieved something greater, then you can look upon him as smug.

Last edited:

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
lets see. Learned to cook by starting at the lowest position in a greasy kitchen of a small restaurant. Earned enough to go to culinary school. Rose though the ranks of highly respected chefs in New York City. Wrote and worked on several top selling books (albeit, among the food crowd). Gained enough respect and fame to get picked up by a major network to host his own show. All the while, sticking to his roots and never changing himself for the sake of TV (although I think he might have quit smoking due to pressure of the execs, bad image and all... not really a bad thing though).

He deserves respect. The day you have achieved something greater, then you can look upon him as smug.

He was also something of a hard drug addict early in his life and went through some tough times.

Mar 11, 2004

There's nothing that says smugness can't be earned, so I don't even know what your point is. Just because he earned it doesn't mean people can't criticize him for it. Hell it doesn't even mean they don't respect his achievements. Just because you achieved something doesn't mean you can't also be a smug asshole.

Oct 27, 2007
Never heard of Anthony Bourdain but the video was lame as hell.

Edit - actually he looks vaguely familiar. Has he been on Top Chef (as a guest judge)?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Never heard of him. But then, I don't travel in gay circles.

ixelion

Feb 5, 2005
Hes such a pretentious dick, advocating the whole "cosmopolitan authenticity" as chique bourgeois bullshit.

What he doesn't realize is that 50% of the crap he eats is just whatever the poverty stricken citizens could afford, and if they could, they would rather have a big juicy pizza.