News Roe v. Wade overturned

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Again like James Carville says, Dems love fighting losing battles. They are utterly useless and have been losing the long game for the past 20+ years. The Ls are just beginning.

James Carville and other center-right establishment Democrat pieces of shit are why the Democrats have been losing the long game for the past 20+ years.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Could you cite the State and statute where that is in fact true?
After you show us Twitter’s current owner
jnHWXN4.gif

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I think a Republican supreme court judge or clerk leaked this. The opinion was supposed to be coming in August/Sept. I think someone got worried of the political ramifications so close to the midterms.

Reactions: Pens1566

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Well looks like it’s almost official. The dog caught the car. I’m sure this will play out exactly as the GOP hopes.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I'm pro-choice but I always feared that some of the rabbits the court pulled out of their hat back in the 60's and 70's would come back to haunt us. The biggest and fluffiest of them all probably being the right to privacy - which, while nowhere in the constitution, was considered 'penumbral' to the other rights it actually specifies.

But justices that follow the doctrine of 'strict construction' seem to desire no truck with such ideas. Let's just hope they limit themselves to abortion. Otherwise, this is going to be like going back to the bad old days, only worse.

Dec 10, 2005
The blame lies with more than her, like all of the voters that voted from Trump. But she should've fucking retired under Obama.
She should have retired, but we still needed people to vote in 2016, or we'd still have a 5-4 conservative court to chip away at abortion rights instead of a 5-4 court that would help to solidify those rights.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
It's a tragedy for women's rights over their own bodies and pretty clearly a violation of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

That said, I've become a supporter of Strong Federalism to either avoid or decrease the likelihood of civil war, so this just means that people in Red States need to start voting for Democrats. Or this is what you get, tough shit, think and vote better.

Oh, and because it's still relevant and salient:

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Well looks like it’s almost official. The dog caught the car. I’m sure this will play out exactly as the GOP hopes.

They are walking away with the midterms and 2024 regardless of Roe v Wade. People at this point care more about $5 gas and rising costs of everything than they do about abortion. At least the ones that did were already voting for Democrats, anyways.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
It's a tragedy for women's rights over their own bodies and pretty clearly a violation of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

That said, I've become a supporter of Strong Federalism to either avoid or decrease the likelihood of civil war, so this just means that people in Red States need to start voting for Democrats. Or this is what you get, tough shit, think and vote better.

Oh, and because it's still relevant and salient:

Punting abortion back to the states is exactly what federalism is.

And again, millions of women will continue to have legal access to abortion in plenty of states. Will they have to be residents of those states? Probably.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
To be honest I have a feeling Obergefell will be next to go and if anyone thinks the dems can stop that from happening is dreaming..

The elections are already fixed for 2022 and for the next century in the state courthouses thanks to the big lie.

We will be a 1 party state soon. Biden is the last whimper of the opposition to Trumpism.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Punting abortion back to the states is exactly what federalism is.

And again, millions of women will continue to have legal access to abortion in plenty of states. Will they have to be residents of those states? Probably.
why would blue states require that? the only ones that might balk are the insurance companies.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I'm pro-choice but I always feared that some of the rabbits the court pulled out of their hat back in the 60's and 70's would come back to haunt us. The biggest and fluffiest of them all probably being the right to privacy - which, while nowhere in the constitution, was considered 'penumbral' to the other rights it actually specifies.

But justices that follow the doctrine of 'strict construction' seem to desire no truck with such ideas. Let's just hope they limit themselves to abortion. Otherwise, this is going to be like going back to the bad old days, only worse.
To be fair, the current judges barely believe in the right to vote, which is clearly given multiple places in the constitution.