News Roe v. Wade overturned

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
So you're cool with elected officials passing laws the majority of the population dislikes because of the R or D next to their name.

And many of those states are so fucking gerrymandered the other side has no chance of having a voice. In other words a minority rule.

you do realize both sides gerrymander right? both parties are equally guilty?

Jan 25, 2011
a person can drive half way across the US in a day. When i was in the military and stationed in Louisianna, i drove back home to NY and made it in a day. The arguement that it will take days to get someplace that allows it is not correct.

Again, why interject race into a discussion about abortion?
Exactly. Every poor person with no car, no money, working multiple jobs can just abandon everything they might be obligated to and go hallway across the country and back. No concerns whatsoever in that at all.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
More proof that the standards to be allowed in to the military are way too low. Idiot says he can do it therefore everyone can do it. That’s pretty fucking ignorant.

you must be a Trumpster by the insults you like to throw out. You do know he lost the 2020 election right? get over it.

I did not say everyone could do it, i was giving it as an example that it can be done. I know most Trump supporters have trouble reading

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
No way. Have you noticed, that the only response from the Republicans is to announce a deep investigation as to how this was leaked. They do not want this to be the subject of the mid terms. This is a loser for Republicans just like guns control is a loser for Dems. They are extremely worried now. So many doubters on this subject on the forum.

Exactly why it was leaked now instead of waiting for the decision 2 months from now.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
they voted for the elected officials. majority vote won. It does go both ways, the pro-life people in blue states whose politicians make abortion easier. Unlike most people, i can see both sides, leaving it up to the states to make their own laws kinda does make sense, majority view in that state will be expressed by the laws in that state. If you live in California, would you want Texas making the laws you have to follow? And the other way, Texas doesnt want California/New York making laws they have to follow
It doesn't go both ways unless you think blue states are forcing people to get abortions they don't want. Use your head.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
Exactly. Every poor person with no car, no money, working multiple jobs can just abandon everything they might be obligated to and go hallway across the country and back. No concerns whatsoever in that at all.

looking at a political map of the US, most someone would have to cross is two states if they lived in a red state. i was simply using the example of being able to drive half way across the US in a day. Most Trump supporters cant read i guess.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
a person can drive half way across the US in a day. When i was in the military and stationed in Louisianna, i drove back home to NY and made it in a day. The arguement that it will take days to get someplace that allows it is not correct.
More FYGM, nice. What about people who have no vehicle and rely on public transportation? Or those who can barely scrape together the cost of a medical procedure, much less long-distance travel for access. Do you just not think about these variables? Or do you just not give a fuck?
Again, why interject race into a discussion about abortion?
It wasn't about race, it was examples of human rights and equality being rolled back. Why do you keep making a strawman of it?

Jan 25, 2011
looking at a political map of the US, most someone would have to cross is two states if they lived in a red state. i was simply using the example of being able to drive half way across the US in a day. Most Trump supporters cant read i guess.
You really aren't good at this whole defending your position thing are you? Insults? Really? Are you going to call everyone who calls out your bullshit a Trump supporter who can't read? Do you have an insult of the day calendar and that's the extent of your originality?

The fact remains you are dead wrong and it's obvious you can't actually support any of the nonsense you are spewing.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That doesn't make your argument less absurd.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
this is where you are wrong. I have four daughters, i am very well informed. The problem, as it currently stands with abortion, with many states have different laws on when it can be performed, ties up the supreme court.
The "problem" as you list it here is due to people trying to fight against something that's been settled for decades.
By the Supreme Court saying what it is expected for them to say, going by the leaked information, someone challenging California's abortion laws wont take up the Supreme Courts time. Why would you want someone who is anti-abortion and doesnt like California law on it, filing a lawsuit against it, putting it on hold while it waits to be heard at the Supreme Court, which can be a year or longer?
The problem is that the supreme court's time is tied up with this? Not the people spending decades trying to assail reproductive rights for brownie points? They're the problem.
It sounds like you think this decision is a good one. If that is the case, please let me know.

You don't care about people, got it, you only care about ideas in the abstract, not how this will actually impact flesh-and-blood people living in the current USA. You are, in essence, part of the problem.

Last edited:

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
It doesn't go both ways unless you think blue states are forcing people to get abortions they don't want. Use your head.

so you agree people shouldnt be forced to do things they dont want to do, and if they want to have something done they should be allowed to. I said it twice, will say it again, i am pro-choice. What happens if a person in a state where it is legal, the doctor says its against his religious beliefs to perform it? Force him to do the procedure? I am not stating my view on it, i am asking a possible question of situation that can arise. I never claimed to have all the answers, i try and look at things from both angles.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Bottom line there are VERY FEW people on this mostly female-free forum that have any right at all to make these kind of decisions.

Of course that doesn't even slow down the "Great Americans" in the disgusting GOP.

I support the right of fathers to have SOME input but fathers don't have to walk around with a baby in their guts for 9 months.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
so you agree people shouldnt be forced to do things they dont want to do, and if they want to have something done they should be allowed to. I said it twice, will say it again, i am pro-choice. What happens if a person in a state where it is legal, the doctor says its against his religious beliefs to perform it? Force him to do the procedure? I am not stating my view on it, i am asking a possible question of situation that can arise. I never claimed to have all the answers, i try and look at things from both angles.
This is one of the stupidest fucking things yet. I can't believe you called yourself "well-informed" simply because you have daughters. You don't just pick a random fucking GP out of the phone book and say "GIVES ABORTION NAO!"

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You think any doctor anywhere is forced to perform an abortion if they don't want to? WTF?

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Pro tip: you aren’t pro choice if you think there should be restrictions. You support a woman’s choice up until a certain point, after that point you believe your opinion should override the woman’s and her doctor’s opinion.

A lot of states that support abortion, will restrict a woman's right to abortion after the fetus becomes viable. A Abortion after the fetus is viable is only legal when necessary for the life or health of the mother.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
Both sides are not equally guilty. Where are you getting all the FUD. It's like open mouth and vomit shit. The Dems tried to pass a voting rights bill. In it got rid of partisan gerrymandering. The Republicans filibustered it.

NY Democrats where just found guilty of it last month. Republicans where found guilty of it too in a different state last month. they both do it to their advantage