Rocks, Sea Level, and SCIENCE!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I watched parts of the video yesterday. Rohrabacher started going into how everyone's beliefs should be accommodated like this was an ecumenical discussion. He and Brooks ah heck the imagination.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I watched parts of the video yesterday. Rohrabacher started going into how everyone's beliefs should be accommodated like this was an ecumenical discussion. He and Brooks ****************** the imagination.
So does that mean we have to entertain the notions the earth is flat and is 7K years old?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So does that mean we have to entertain the notions the earth is flat and is 7K years old?

All beliefs are equal. You're being disrespectful if you don't give them all the same weight. We should hear them all out.

Who are you as an elitist to tell people what they believe is wrong? This is why people hate the elites. (in this case anyone with a more than 7th grade understanding of science).

*Shit some conservatives have argued in this very forum

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
All beliefs are equal. You're being disrespectful if you don't give them all the same weight. We should hear them all out.

Who are you as an elitist to tell people what they believe is wrong? This is why people hate the elites. (in this case anyone with a more than 7th grade understanding of science).

*Shit some conservatives have argued in this very forum

ANTARTICA IS GROWING ICE!

I know because I talked to a guy and didn't understand what he was saying but he must have said that because I know it's true.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and dank69

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Please lord give me the strength to endure the rise of the deplorables.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
ANTARTICA IS GROWING ICE!

I know because I talked to a guy and didn't understand what he was saying but he must have said that because I know it's true.

The polar bears are doing awesome because now they can finally stay warm without having to deal with all that ice. Their heating bills are way down.

Reactions: Aegeon and dank69

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Came here to post this. I couldn't (yet sadly could) believe it when I read it this morning.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Y'all got any more of that...science?

Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That.jpg

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
The polar bears are doing awesome because now they can finally stay warm without having to deal with all that ice. Their heating bills are way down.

I see the science is weak in this person.

First, polar bears are in the Arctic region not Antarctica. Second, the polar bear population is doing fine and is increasing in numbers.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I see the science is weak in this person.

First, polar bears are in the Arctic region not Antarctica. Second, the polar bear population is doing fine and is increasing in numbers.

And that's largely because of the ban on polar bear hunting as a result of the threatened species designation the dept of interior paced on them in 2008. Of course with Zinkie in office I'm sure that will change. Pretty sure Don Jr wants to kill one for his trophy wall.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Second, the polar bear population is doing fine and is increasing in numbers.

Which is probably the real cause for global warming. They are warm blooded right? All that body heat has to be going somewhere, and that somewhere is the ice around them. Ergo the growing polar bear population is causing polar ice cap melt. As anyone that has ever drank an iced tea (like a good southerner!) know that when the ice melts the tea gets warm. Therefore polar bears body heat melting the polar ice caps are causing global warming. My suggested solution is more guns to hunt the bears.

Can I have my appointment to a high level position now?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I keep thinking of the AMC show Terror. I want one of those bears for security.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
That was funny. Here's another right after it was "revealed" that Mars was dealing with NASA in a child sex ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIqcEPYO7nE

There ought to be a ban on people who have no comprehension of science serving on science panels.

There ought to be a ban on people who have that little comprehension and knowledge of science from being the local dog catcher much less a US congressman or senator.