Rittenhouse verdict poll

What is most severe charge you believe Rittenhouse will be convicted of?

• Intentional Homicide

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Reckless Homicide

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Reckless Endangerment

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Illegal Weapon possession

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • No verdict - hung jury or mistrial

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not Guilty on all charges

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Closing arguments and jury instructions expected on Monday. What do you believe the jury will find?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Closing arguments and jury instructions expected on Monday. What do you believe the jury will find?

What he should be convicted on, and what he will be convicted on, are two different things... given the judge's obvious bias, I'll be surprised if Rittenhouse gets more than the weapons charge. And I suspect that judge would find Rittenhouse not guilty on even that charge if at all possible.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
With this judge and I’m guessing the jury is just as ‘trumpy’ , Kyle will get off. If the judge doesn’t like the jury’s decision, he could declare a mis trial with prejudice. The fix is in.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What should happen based on what I've seen

First murder - Intentional homicide
Second murder - reckless homicide

What will likely happen because of judges bias which was obvious

Reckless endangerment
weapons charge

Also - If the jury comes back with the most serious conviction the judge will declare a mistrial. I agree with @soundforbjt the fix is in.

Reactions: KMFJD and Pohemi

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Side note, the judge apparently sided with prosecution in including instructions on provocation to the jury (which would negate self defense), and allowed some but not all lesser (e.g. 2nd degree vs 1st degree) charges the prosecution wanted to add on at last minute, which may increase probability of some form of conviction, but likely lowers chance of conviction on the most serious charges.

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I dont know…Dont they chance it that it wont set off another Floyd moment and turn the streets into ashes? this time with armed protesters? A mistrail sounds like a declaration of… something

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Side note, the judge apparently sided with prosecution in including instructions on provocation to the jury (which would negate self defense), and allowed some but not all lesser (e.g. 2nd degree vs 1st degree) charges the prosecution wanted to add on at last minute, which may increase probability of some form of conviction, but likely lowers chance of conviction on the most serious charges.
Because not allowing that would have gotten him in trouble. That judge may be a biased ignoramus but he's not completely stupid when it comes to his own interests.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I dont know…Dont they chance it that it wont set off another Floyd moment and turn the streets into ashes? this time with armed protesters? A mistrail sounds like a declaration of… something

Not sure the judge is thinking that far. He appears convinced Rittenhouse is a hero and will do everything he can to prop up that image, consequences be damned.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I voted Reckless Homicide...although it isn't necessarily what I think he WILL be convicted of...just that it's the worst charge in the list of possibilities.

Honestly (and sadly), I think he'll likely get no worse than the weapons charge and reckless endangerment. I can hope for otherwise, but I'm definitely not holding my breath for it.

I concur with @soundforbjt in that if the jury of peers finds him guilty of Intentional Homicide, it'll end up declared a mistrial by the judge.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I'd like to know why his Mom who 100% enabled this little twat is not in trouble, no 17yr old should ever be roaming around a political protest with an assault rifle.

Reactions: Muse

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'd like to know why his Mom who 100% enabled this little twat is not in trouble, no 17yr old should ever be roaming around a political protest with an assault rifle.
Did his mother drive him there? If so she should have been put on the stand.

She should have been questioned anyway on what she may have known about that night.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Yep, it was illegal for Kyle to be crossing state lines without being accompanied by her. Kyle was driving across state lines with no drivers license as well (and I assume no insurance)..

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Wisconsin is one of just three states in which 17-year-olds are automatically considered adults in the criminal justice system.

So his Mom has nothing to do with this unless, as HomerJS said, she was involved in the actual act or assisted in some way. Obviously a shitty parent, but you can't play both sides and treat him as an adult and a juvenile.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The Jury will declare a mistrial because the judge is a fascist prick.

lol, that won't happen, but it's what everyone sees and knows to be true.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
The Jury will declare a mistrial because the judge is a fascist prick.

lol, that won't happen, but it's what everyone sees and knows to be true.
So looks like if this occurs, the prosecuter would go higher-up the court system, and ask a higher judge for a case claiming the "mistrial verdict itself being a mistrial".