Rittenhouse verdict poll

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What is most severe charge you believe Rittenhouse will be convicted of?

• Intentional Homicide

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Reckless Homicide

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Reckless Endangerment

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Illegal Weapon possession

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • No verdict - hung jury or mistrial

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not Guilty on all charges

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I knew Rittenhouse would get off, for the exact same reason Zimmerman got off.

This bothers me greatly. As a gun supporter I keep running out of logical reasons to support citizen gun ownership. The actual purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the nation against abuse by its government, or a last ditch effort to defend invaders. In my life time no 2nd Amendment enthusiast has ever protected anyone from an army or a agency, and yes I'm including that dickhead at Ruby Ridge. And in the last couple years the private citizens shooting other citizens have been completely unjustified.

Kyle had no fucking business getting a rifle illegally, crossing state lines, and shoot protestors. Thats not his job and he shouldn't have been there. In fact if the police had seen his social media postings before hand they would have shot him dead upon arriving. And I know they would have because THEY'VE DONE IT IN THE PAST!
He's just as bad as Zimmerman if not worse. He did something dangerous and illegal and unnecessary, got in too deep for his training and maturity, then murdered someone, then go away with it by claiming self defense.

I have taken a number of courses and also spoken to many lawyers and cops over the years. If you start a fight and then kill someone who threatens you its not self-defense. Thats the fucking law. Its not my god damn opinion.
But we live in a nation where white males routinely get the soft touch at trial and often walk away clean. And I'm still angry about the weapons charge being dropped. Now this cock sucker can continue buying guns for the rest of his life even though he clearly violated a major law.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

This bothers me greatly. As a gun supporter I keep running out of logical reasons to support citizen gun ownership. The actual purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the nation against abuse by its government, or a last ditch effort to defend invaders. In my life time no 2nd Amendment enthusiast has ever protected anyone from an army or a agency, and yes I'm including that dickhead at Ruby Ridge. And in the last couple years the private citizens shooting other citizens have been completely unjustified.

Kyle had no fucking business getting a rifle illegally, crossing state lines, and shoot protestors. Thats not his job and he shouldn't have been there. In fact if the police had seen his social media postings before hand they would have shot him dead upon arriving. And I know they would have because THEY'VE DONE IT IN THE PAST!
He's just as bad as Zimmerman if not worse. He did something dangerous and illegal and unnecessary, got in too deep for his training and maturity, then murdered someone, then go away with it by claiming self defense.

I have taken a number of courses and also spoken to many lawyers and cops over the years. If you start a fight and then kill someone who threatens you its not self-defense. Thats the fucking law. Its not my god damn opinion.
But we live in a nation where white males routinely get the soft touch at trial and often walk away clean. And I'm still angry about the weapons charge being dropped. Now this cock sucker can continue buying guns for the rest of his life even though he clearly violated a major law.
Who knew the 2nd Amendment could become a death pact.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

The problem here is that you believe your opinion to be fact, it's not. The weapons charge was dropped by an actual judge, a fellow who went to law school. While I'm sure your legal training was top notch, perhaps you missed the day Wisconsin gun laws were discussed. FYI, crossing state lines is completely legal. Tens of thousands of people do it every day. Most states even have a welcoming sign at the border.
Everything else is hyperbole and sophistry. You ignore the entire situation as if the single event of Rittenhouse being attacked happened in a vacuum, it didn't.
Four stupid people met on the street that night, that two died is tragic, but not surprising. That you believe your opinion should carry more weight than the jury is also tragic, but not surprising.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The problem here is that you believe your opinion to be fact, it's not. The weapons charge was dropped by an actual judge, a fellow who went to law school. While I'm sure your legal training was top notch, perhaps you missed the day Wisconsin gun laws were discussed. FYI, crossing state lines is completely legal. Tens of thousands of people do it every day. Most states even have a welcoming sign at the border.
Everything else is hyperbole and sophistry. You ignore the entire situation as if the single event of Rittenhouse being attacked happened in a vacuum, it didn't.
Four stupid people met on the street that night, that two died is tragic, but not surprising. That you believe your opinion should carry more weight than the jury is also tragic, but not surprising.
The Judge rendered a legal opinion that attempted to resolve a conflict between two statutes. Frankly you could argue it either way. WI law needs a fix to eliminate the perceived conflict in statutes.

Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You are also ignoring the fact the person who provided Rittenhouse the rifle is on trial for that crime.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Crossing state lines under the age of 18 is illegal .So is driving without a drivers license & insurance. Both of which KR did daily.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Crossing state lines under the age of 18 is illegal .So is driving without a drivers license & insurance. Both of which KR did daily.
Then Rittenhouse should be charged with that crime. Assuming that he wasn't in the company of an adult.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Just any adult wouldn’t be legal...has to be a parent or guardian. Think Matt Gaetz.
I wonder how many arrests have been made under that statute in the last ten years, excluding pedos and runaways?

Looked around a bit and can't find a stat. I also wonder what happens when you put your minor child on a plane unaccompanied by an adult family member? Is that a crime if they fly cross country? What about population centers that straddle a border where a minor can walk two blocks and be in another state?

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I wonder how many arrests have been made under that statute in the last ten years, excluding pedos and runaways.
It’d be ridiculous to have a checkpoint everywhere along the border to check. They don’t get caught unless they commit a driving violation.
KR’s friend that bought
KR the gun has probably done a ‘ Matt Gaetz’ many times with
K R’s underage sister who he is/was dating.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Updated with commentary:

Interesting video review of the case done by an Internet comedian.

In P&N, you must include your own personal commentary in each post you make.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited:
Reactions: imported_tajmahal

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
If true why didn't you just say it looks like a military assault weapon. Regardless of what it "looks like" it is Not a Military Assault Weapon.
My bad, Military 'Style' assault rifle. Thanks for the derail, GJ.