Right blinker goes in hyperspeed, left blinker goes in normal speed..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Turin39789
Originally posted by: Syringer
Originally posted by: amdhunter
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
You have a burnt out bulb

Yeah, check your lights. When a bulb blows, the lights will blink faster. Take care of it quick, since the Police can see the fast blinking as well and hand you a ticket for a blown turn signal. (Especially if it is in the back)

So it's either the front signal or the back one? I've seen the reflection of the front signal in cars in front of me and that seems to be fine..so it's probably the back one that's out?

Start the car. Turn on blinker. Get out of car and look at turn signals

Or just hit your hazard button.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Are people really this stupid? It's common knowledge that a fast "blinker" is caused by a bad bulb.

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Turin39789
Originally posted by: amdhunter
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
You have a burnt out bulb

Yeah, check your lights. When a bulb blows, the lights will blink faster. Take care of it quick, since the Police can see the fast blinking as well and hand you a ticket for a blown turn signal. (Especially if it is in the back)

So it's either the front signal or the back one? I've seen the reflection of the front signal in cars in front of me and that seems to be fine..so it's probably the back one that's out?

Start the car. Turn on blinker. Get out of car and look at turn signals

This is a known problem with Toyota Camrys though. Something is wrong with the electronics sometimes where the bulb is not bad but the stupid car thinks its bad.

I took it to the shop once for a brake pad change and I also asked them about the light, and I told them I examined the lights and they were fine. So what did the guy do? He slapped the signal light on the front of my car and it went back to normal speed. Problem was it would go back to hyperspeed after maybe 2 - 3 times, and I got annoyed by all the b!tch-slapping I had to give my car so I went and got a new bulb although NOTHING was wrong with the bulb. I figure my car just didnt like the bulb or something. Who knows.

So chances are your bulb is broken, but if not, then your car is on crack, and give it a nice slap in the front or the ass. See if it likes it.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
In my Explorer...

Oh fvck, I got that far and thought "Wait a minute, this is supposed to be a car thread, not Windows stuff."

Stupid brain: 1
Me: 0

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MS Dawn
I remember the thermal mode flashers where adding more load = faster flashing. This was due to the increased current which would heat the bimetal strip faster resulting in a faster snap-open.

Merry midget Christmas lights (the flasher bulbs) still work like that. If you hold the bulb near your ear you will hear the strip bouncing. It has a distinct tinkerbell sound like those old phonograph storybooks when you were signaled to turn the page. :)

I suppose newer stuff doesn't work that way. I'm surprised they don't use solid state flashers with a bell to remind the driver their blinker is still on. ;)

some GM vehicles have that