Ridiculous Mod: Baldur's Gate in 3d (took 7 years to make)

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I won't play NWN2 because the movement controls and cam angles are so fubar. I'm guessing this mod borks those too.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I won't play NWN2 because the movement controls and cam angles are so fubar. I'm guessing this mod borks those too.

Thats really not that much of an issue, the camera was easily manually controlled.

I'll be re installing NWN2 for this for certain.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i heard someone was porting BG/BG2 to NWN2..didn't know they had gotten this far. the games are fucking massive.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
i heard someone was porting BG/BG2 to NWN2..didn't know they had gotten this far. the games are fucking massive.

If memory serves, when both NWN1 and again when 2 were released, there were several projects that aimed to recreate BG1 and/or 2 to the new engines. I had thought that all of them petered out due 1)the size of the project and 2)volunteers using it as a springboard for employment and not finishing the project.

Last edited:

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Very impressive, but wasn't there a similar project to recreate BG2 under the Dragon Age: Origins' engine? Or maybe I'm mixing that one project I'm thinking of with BG2 and it ain't the case (correct me if I'm wrong, I just think I read that sometime ago but memory about it is vague now). I've never played Neverwinter Nights 2, so maybe I'll consider it sometime to try that mod, but since I've completed BG2 before I don't feel any urgency to do so.

And like Via said above... it might be shut down one day, who knows. It wouldn't be the first fan-made non-profit modification that gets shut down. I hope that he will be "allowed" to keep all [the] (his) material and that the mod will remain available for free, for the sake of his work and dedication, if anything.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Very impressive, but wasn't there a similar project to recreate BG2 under the Dragon Age: Origins' engine? Or maybe I'm mixing that one project I'm thinking of with BG2 and it ain't the case (correct me if I'm wrong, I just think I read that sometime ago but memory about it is vague now). I've never played Neverwinter Nights 2, so maybe I'll consider it sometime to try that mod, but since I've completed BG2 before I don't feel any urgency to do so.

And like Via said above... it might be shut down one day, who knows. It wouldn't be the first fan-made non-profit modification that gets shut down. I hope that he will be "allowed" to keep all [the] (his) material and that the mod will remain available for free, for the sake of his work and dedication, if anything.

The one for Dragon Age: Origins is BG2 only, and it stalled after Irenicus' Dungeon. It was pretty fantastic too and captured the feel perfectly.

I don't think isometric camera on Neverwinter Nights 2 is as good as Dragon Age: Origins though, so this might be a bit of a struggle to play on through iso-cam.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
this looks great, but i've just played BG:EE 2 months ago, i can't play this again! :D

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Holy crap, he actually released it! I never thought this would be finished!

Edit: NVM

Last edited:

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Wow. That's looks awesome. Too bad I can't afford the time to play through BG1 again.......

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I wonder if this project will be shut down just like they shut down a C&C Generals Starcraft 2 mod before Starcraft came out...

Wow. That's looks awesome. Too bad I can't afford the time to play through BG1 again.......

When there's will, there's a way.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
That looks pretty damn cool. I can even recognize parts of the game and locations from that.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
It's very cool and obviously impressive work. But will it improve the game in any way? It looks like it might actually make some of it worse.