Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 81 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
From the limited numbers of Mormon girls I've seen, it seems they are bred for beauty first and foremost. The beauties tend to be the most lusty creatures.
You might see me posting in the first world problems thread if her pictures are misleading. But she sent me some selfies as well as seeing her profile I think I'm safe.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Energy bill came for February - $78 - February is usually the coldest month and way more expensive.

Keep the house at 71 when I'm home

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
The whole family got together at my sister's for the first time in a while and played silly cards and had dinner. My sister's husband came too, which was good. He has been hunkered down for a month now and it was good to see him out.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
The whole family got together at my sister's for the first time in a while and played silly cards and had dinner. My sister's husband came too, which was good. He has been hunkered down for a month now and it was good to see him out.

I went to a birthday party the other day & really appreciated just being able to be together in a group of people after years of COVID anxiety. Feels like things are kinda-sorta back to normal-ish!

Reactions: igor_kavinski

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Got a spontaneous date tonight on the upper west side. Got there a little early and I notice the woman next to me trying all these drinks but not finishing them. I realize they are taste testing drinks for the menu. So I start chatting. Soon after I am getting first dibs on some of the new drinks and shooting the shit and giving some opinions. Fun times. I did not drink too much before my date got there though, well-behaved. After all, it was just a tuesday. Fun random night on a Tuesday all around.

Meet so many different people. This woman was from Sao Paolo in Brazil, moved to Salt Lake City and lived there for 14 years, and just moved to NYC six months ago. Works in tech. Loves the outdoors and camping and all the good stuff. Hearing people's experiences from all over the world is something I treasure. Diversity = progress. Also I tried some new random cocktails, of which most were excellent.

PXL_20230308_005415905 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: waffleironhead

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Been in the low 40's today, no sun, cloudy and drizzly. Working from home.

Heated up to 72 when I got up, and then put on 71. My heat hasn't gone on since 11am at this point. That's about 7.5 hours with no HVAC and the temp just sits. I like my downstairs neighbors working from home and keeping their heat on

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Finally got around to cracking my audible audiobook file. It appears to have worked. Those fucking fuckers will never get another penny from me.

Anyone know any legit audiobook sellers that sell drm free audiobooks?

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Finally got around to cracking my audible audiobook file. It appears to have worked. Those fucking fuckers will never get another penny from me.

Anyone know any legit audiobook sellers that sell drm free audiobooks?

The library has tons of books you can read aloud and make your own audiobooks...

Reactions: IronWing

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yesterday but I finally got my Audeze Maxwell wireless gaming headset, so the man-cave cockpit is finished for the year. Got rid of the messy wires of my wired gaming headest/amp combo so that was one of my first world problems - wires drive me nuts.

Got the AMP/DAC and headphone setup I want, decent active monitors, a nice 32" curved screen, a wireless mouse that truly fits my grip well. Did some good wire management also from previous threads, but is now 95% sussed up.

I missed straightening out a couple wires behind the monitor for the photo, which are usually tucked away, but that the cat messes with sometimes and I don't always notice..

Hoping in a year I'll have enough for my potential end game headphones - ZMF Caldera or Final Audio D8000 pro. But done for 2023!

IMG_2159_60_61PHOTOMATIX (Large).jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I went to check my eyes today, I knew at least one eye had gotten a little weaker so wanted an updated prescription. Decided to try the progressive contact lenses - and hot damn if that shit ain't pretty damn good. Drove home fine and can read my phone now with contacts in and it's pretty darn good. Close reading I usually put on reading glasses over my contacts - like last night to read the menu at a bar.

Not sure how these things work, will probably read about the technology, but it definitely works.

Nov 17, 2019
New Property Tax Assessment came in the mail. Along with the new Homestead Property Tax Exemption amount. Equal.

No Property Tax due again this year.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The Star Wars Burlesque style parody show space is about ready or ready in Manhattan, in the same cozy theatre where Stomp was for 20 years. Burlesque I've only been to once, but the parody of this one is supposed to be the real star, the hot almost naked babes are just a bonus. Gotten good reviews!

fnsf892f69xa1.png

• Wow
Reactions: snoopy7548

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Poor wording on the checkin kiosks and incurious people sped my way through the airport again. In large letters, the kiosks say “Scan your boarding pass to begin.” In smaller letters they say “If you don’t have a boarding pass, enter one of the following… “. There was a massive queue waiting to check in and a line of vacant kiosks as folks never read the fine print. I strolled right up to the kiosks and skipped the line.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
“We’re all boarded and ready to go. We’re just waiting on the pilot to arrive, should be ten minutes.” The pilot arrived twenty five minutes later. Airlines need to ban all employees from the airport bars.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Our flight is being delayed because the pilot has to fill out paperwork because some asshole smoker lit up in the bathroom on the last flight the pilot piloted.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
The first carpal tunnel surgery is in the books today and I'm chilling out. I'm going to haul the excavator to a job on Friday and have another guy operate it. I can hang out with them and show them how to use the laser Etc.
I preloaded and chained it down the other day, fueled it. The job site is a bit sketchy so we will load and bring it home that night.
I staged the dump truck there yesterday with 7 tons of pea gravel in it. I'm not concerned about it in the least at the sketchy site. It can sit there until I am comfortable with shifting a 15 speed road ranger ( surgery on the stick hand )
The other operator is a fellow union operator and we met on my 2nd job out of the hall in 1991. We have kept in touch and worked on some other projects over the years.