Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 79 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 27, 2020
Looked over and the kitty was chilling like this for a few minutes. Always soothes the moment
3ab49d0504386f5bdf848ea8493f6ef7.jpg
Fresh air must circulate over and through every nook and cranny of the body :p

Jul 27, 2020
never posted a photo of a date/partner yet thinking it was bad luck but that hasn't worked out so why not

date 2 planned and date 3 penciled in. let's see how badly this one goes lol

View attachment 73733
Reminds me of a girl I hit it off with on a forum when I was barely 20. She was American, living in Montenegro. Super smart and brilliant Leo. She was really into me as long as I made her laugh. When I got tired of being her monkey and making her chuckle and LOL, she got bored and eventually blocked me.

She sent me a pic with the Montenegro sea and hills behind her, similar to yours.

By the way, tell me your Zodiac sign and the signs of all the lined up girls. I may be able to predict which girl has the most long term relationship potential for you.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Reminds me of a girl I hit it off with on a forum when I was barely 20. She was American, living in Montenegro. Super smart and brilliant Leo. She was really into me as long as I made her laugh. When I got tired of being her monkey and making her chuckle and LOL, she got bored and eventually blocked me.

She sent me a pic with the Montenegro sea and hills behind her, similar to yours.

By the way, tell me your Zodiac sign and the signs of all the lined up girls. I may be able to predict which girl has the most long term relationship potential for you.
As far as heuristic goes...auto-reject for me.
I don't really believe all that in the Zodiac, but some tendencies are little difficult to sometimes ignore. Predicting things with it...forget it

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I realized that when I put my real pic in my profile on Twitter the chicks just started pouring into my DMs. I guess Tinder and Twitter kind of sound the same and they get confused. :tearsofjoy:

It's kind of like all the Russian brides just waiting for me in my spam folder.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Gasps all around? Pin drop silence?

I hope it did Sharon Stone justice.

That happened in Maryland to me many years ago, some drunk lady thought I was someone else. Said stuff I couldn't comprehend, then up goes her dress. My fiance was not amused.

Ladies if you're going to do that at least try to live up to Sharon's example, ok? Tidy up that south mouth if you want to show off your special smile. If it looks like you've been camping for 3 weeks, like your junk has been up for days trying to solve a murder? Skip the exhibition, let's all just call it night ok?

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Bought the Audeze Penrose gaming headset for the XBox in December. A week later I saw that Audeze was releasing the updated version to these called the Maxwell. I was considering returning the Penrose but not sure when the Maxwell would ship. Then figured it was the smart thing to do, and then put it on the backburner.

Apparently B&H has a 30 day return policy, because checking my order date, I remembered to put in an RMA for the Penrose the 30th day after buying then and pre-ordering the Maxwell.

First world 30 day return policies saving my forgetful dumbass.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
One of the two glass tops on my 55 gallon tank was cracked/damaged so I found my local PetSmart had 1 left in stock (only one though). I go to the store to get it but when I check the shelf where it should be, it was empty. I figured the online count was off so I thought for sure I was going home empty handed. I decided to check out some other fish stuff for the heck of it and I find it laying on top of the aquariums they had for sale...talk about getting completely lucky....

Reactions: highland145

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
One of the two glass tops on my 55 gallon tank was cracked/damaged so I found my local PetSmart had 1 left in stock (only one though). I go to the store to get it but when I check the shelf where it should be, it was empty. I figured the online count was off so I thought for sure I was going home empty handed. I decided to check out some other fish stuff for the heck of it and I find it laying on top of the aquariums they had for sale...talk about getting completely lucky....

Great, now that aquarium is missing a lid.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: highland145
Nov 17, 2019
I used a CC for a couple of purchases thinking they'd be on this statement and due at the end of this month. I just found out this month's statement period ended early, the day before these charges hit. That means they'll be on the February statement and not due until the end of that month, almost two months from now.

• Love
Reactions: Kaido

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I went to Popeye's to get the blackened chicken sandwich for the first time but was very disappointed to find out it was only for a limited time. I haven't had fast food in quite some time so I got their regular sandwich plus a small cajun fries. The sandwich was still smashingly good and they put fries in my bag like I was at a five guys. Got tons of fries to munch on when I got home. Pretty excited to see the friend chicken sammy was still high quality, and all those fries were a nice bonus.,

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I went to Popeye's to get the blackened chicken sandwich for the first time but was very disappointed to find out it was only for a limited time. I haven't had fast food in quite some time so I got their regular sandwich plus a small cajun fries. The sandwich was still smashingly good and they put fries in my bag like I was at a five guys. Got tons of fries to munch on when I got home. Pretty excited to see the friend chicken sammy was still high quality, and all those fries were a nice bonus.,
Me: I'd like an order of the chocolate beignets.
Popeyes: I'm sorry, we don't have those anymore.
Me: Why is there a big banner on the top of your order screen saying, "Try our chocolate beignets today"?
Popeyes: Will there be anything else?

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
An Aggie? How could you live down the shame? Colorado School of Mines is very good even if they did let me in for one class. Congratulations on Penn State, I hope it isn’t a football scholarship.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
An Aggie? How could you live down the shame? Colorado School of Mines is very good even if they did let me in for one class. Congratulations on Penn State, I hope it isn’t a football scholarship.
Danke. He claims their chemistry program is top notch...so....he wants his PhD. Renewable energy, battery technology or some such but he is 21 so that is subject to change.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Renewed my US Passport that expired Feb 2018 last Nov 16, 2022. Just got the new Next Generation Passport today via USPS, 58 days later.
It's different than the previous where your photo and data page is laminated, very nice. Total cost - $160.2 (photo, postage, renewal fee)

It's the photo of me that I "hate", was in a hurry that day doing other chores that I had to catch up with (2 week paid staycation too). :(

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just realized my passport expires in 2027, I remember getting it renewed for 10 years and it felt like it was not that long ago but it was in 2017. I have no beard and short hair in that pic so I look like a little kid on there. I don't have immediate plans to travel but I always like having it up to date just in case.