Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 53 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
so much for "stay at home" or social distancing...
They're not infected, I'm not infected, I needed a damn haircut. I guarantee the number of people locking themselves in their houses and not leaving at all is tiny.

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
Had a crummy morning but the work load is exceptionally light today and the day has somehow FLOWN by, basically zero stress once I got to work. Today is a good day. :cool:

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
They're not infected, I'm not infected, I needed a damn haircut. I guarantee the number of people locking themselves in their houses and not leaving at all is tiny.

The whole problem is, you can be infected but not know it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I vacuumed some things I normally don't do, like under the drawers in my bedroom (there's a gap in the front of the dresser/nightstands where dust can go under) and I found at least 20 cat toys. So THAT is where they go. Also accidentally sucked one up with the central vac. Hopefully that made it all the way through the tubes.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I vacuumed some things I normally don't do, like under the drawers in my bedroom (there's a gap in the front of the dresser/nightstands where dust can go under) and I found at least 20 cat toys. So THAT is where they go. Also accidentally sucked one up with the central vac. Hopefully that made it all the way through the tubes.
Poor kitty.

Reactions: IronWing

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Received my order of hand sanitizer from Sam's Club in the mail. I don't think I've been so happy to receive such trivial small item. Got 2 bottles delivered today so I should be set with hand sanitizer until this COVID-19 madness ends.

NbgxJuRh.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have a bunch of random things on the way too, hoping I get them Tuesday or Wednesday. Never tend to get items on weekends, don't think the shipping companies work then.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Filled up my car for like $25. It's usually $52. Dang.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
lol my truck is almost $200 to fill. I feel I should have stuck with a normal car, at least that was only like $60. :p Nice to be able to get sheets of 4x8 material though. Already used it quite a few times for that. I topped up my truck's tank the other day and got some gas for the snow blower and it was like $50. To be fair I was using premium though, I needed it for the snow blower and while I was at the station I figured I may as well top up the truck. Premium is not a bad idea given it's getting less mileage now so the gas is going to sit longer. I normally just put regular though, and that's down to under a buck per litre now, pretty crazy. Comes to show how gas prices are all politically based, the fact that they can move them up and down like that just based on politics. We are getting gouged most of the time.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaido

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
lol my truck is almost $200 to fill. I feel I should have stuck with a normal car, at least that was only like $60. :p Nice to be able to get sheets of 4x8 material though. Already used it quite a few times for that. I topped up my truck's tank the other day and got some gas for the snow blower and it was like $50. To be fair I was using premium though, I needed it for the snow blower and while I was at the station I figured I may as well top up the truck. Premium is not a bad idea given it's getting less mileage now so the gas is going to sit longer. I normally just put regular though, and that's down to under a buck per litre now, pretty crazy. Comes to show how gas prices are all politically based, the fact that they can move them up and down like that just based on politics. We are getting gouged most of the time.

jeezus...my F-150 has a 36 gallon tank...gas prices here are currently about $2.25/gallon...

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
You're wasting money putting premium gas in your truck. Zero benefit and might be even hurting the performance. Gas right now is about $0.34 a liter where I live.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
You're wasting money putting premium gas in your truck. Zero benefit and might be even hurting the performance. Gas right now is about $0.34 a liter where I live.

Like I said I was already filling a jerry can for the snow blower. So only real reason I did it. The snow blower needs ethanol free premium

And holy crap at 30c a litre. I've never seen it get that low ever. Even pre 9/11.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Like I said I was already filling a jerry can for the snow blower. So only real reason I did it. The snow blower needs ethanol free premium

And holy crap at 30c a litre. I've never seen it get that low ever. Even pre 9/11.
But remember this is in US dollar. $1 US dollar is worth about $1.40 Canadian dollar. So it's more like $0.48 /L in Canadian dollar.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Got a call from my alarm company, I'm getting a new system for free, with a couple free extra sensors, and my monthly rate is going to go down! And I get like 3 months free on top of that. I'm not sure if there is a catch, maybe I will be locked in a contract, but if that monthly rate is permanent and not a temp thing where it just goes up higher after, then it's still a good deal. I was toying with the idea of just setting up my own system and cancelling, but at the new price of like $30 something it's good piece of mind.

Basically my old system uses 2G which is being phased out so they are upgrading me to a 4G one. I wonder if it's 5G capable, that way I can enable the death beams and give coronavirus to thieves that try to break in. :p

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Got a call from my alarm company, I'm getting a new system for free, with a couple free extra sensors, and my monthly rate is going to go down! And I get like 3 months free on top of that. I'm not sure if there is a catch, maybe I will be locked in a contract, but if that monthly rate is permanent and not a temp thing where it just goes up higher after, then it's still a good deal. I was toying with the idea of just setting up my own system and cancelling, but at the new price of like $30 something it's good piece of mind.

Basically my old system uses 2G which is being phased out so they are upgrading me to a 4G one. I wonder if it's 5G capable, that way I can enable the death beams and give coronavirus to thieves that try to break in. :p

... I was paying 10 dollars a month for monitoring...

Nov 20, 2009
For dinner I got a McDonald's Chocolate milkshake and a Windy's Baconator Double. Both orders came out correct, although I think I was shorted on the milkshake.

And in yet to be determined news (TMI anyone), wife is running around in summer lingerie because she likes how it makes her feel. LOL

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Dexter popped back up on Netflix. It was gone for a while.
But I've already run thru the series twice and really dont need a 3rd time.