Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 55 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
One of my foster brothers who i grew up finally reached out to me to me after 17 years. I guess he did some time for something i got no clue about, oh well amazingly he is doing very well for himself. Not gonna judge him for his mistakes, hoping this Covid thing blows over soon so i could go see him. :)

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Found myself 13 cents i guess i get to keep hehe, i asked my roomie politely if this was his as its been sitting there in my living room for days. He got super pissed and ran off. He does not approve of my new lifestyle apparently as he has been having some nasty fits when i get near him. Who knew a particular pendent could be so offensive?OH i nearly died of laughter oh man. Before the pendent he was a sweetheart to me.

Well ANOTHER good thing came of finding those coins, it got him yelling at me about leaving and i told him good take that negative energy with you. He mumbled something about demons and slammed his door. Oh i love this shit, best damn laugh in AGES. Judgemental piece of shit has me laughing at his stupidity.

13 just keeps confirming itself as my lucky number. I am now 13 cents richer cause one man threw a fit over a pendent. Thanks asshole!:D I made a catholic not wearing a mask fear me and back up too with this thing earlier this week . Best damn purchase of 2020.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Tasty, tasty deer.

MMMMM....I loves me some venison...fucking idiots here have them protected...and treat them like pets. :rolleyes:

I manage to piss off a few every so often when I start talking about how the herd would benefit from a limited bow hunting season...thin the herd. :D

Reactions: highland145

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
And the gym re opened. The scales were ded. Probably a good thing.
Man I'm looking forward to when mine opens, hopefully within a couple weeks. Sounds like we're opening restaurants and bars a little early so hopefully gyms are soon after.

I'm getting a new TV this Thursday. I could've posted in the "fml" thread cause it's because my current TV fece'd the bed, but I decided to look on the bright side. Going from a 55" to a 75". Go big or go home bois

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just got off a set of night shifts, and now I'm off for 9 days. Today didn't really count since I slept, but still a pretty awesome stretch without using vacation time. Just the way the schedule worked out.

Reactions: lxskllr

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Got a screw in my tire. Why is that a good thing? Must have happened right before I got home Monday because I didn't see it until last night. And I didn't get the flat surprise when I got home tonight.

Attachments

• 0602202057.jpg
    0602202057.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 13

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Clean, too. ;)

You like my sketchers? The only pair I can wear atm. Metatarsalgia...So far, I've passed on steroid shots in the ball of my foot but it may come to that.

I'm a Vans guy, but maybe once I hit your age (60s?) I'll look into Sketchers.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Got a screw in my tire. Why is that a good thing? Must have happened right before I got home Monday because I didn't see it until last night. And I didn't get the flat surprise when I got home tonight.

Hey, you sumbitch...that's MY screw...givitback!

heh-heh...as much as youse loansharks screw your customers...it's time you got some of it in return. :p

Reactions: snoopy7548

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Rebuilt a toilet at the rental. Nothing effed up and it all went back together with no leaks.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You're right, it would be nearly impossible to find someone both that short and that desperate. Sorry for giving him false hope.

Have you met Shortylickens? He meets both of those requirements...unfortunately, short isn't only a description of his height.