Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 73 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I noticed that Amazon has been amazing with shipping things ahead of schedule this Christmas season (so far). It looks like they rented a bunch of vans from Enterprise to keep up with the demand, as I've seen a lot of mysterious white vans delivering my packages lately :)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I had a package from Home Depot that was originally scheduled for delivery on Tuesday (12/7) then it changed to Friday (12/3) then FedEx said "delayed" and showed it still in Olive Branch, MS. Then, back to "scheduled delivery, on Wednesday (12/8). Delivered this morning by FedEx.
New generator was originally scheduled for delivery on Wednesday (12/8) was notified that it's on the truck for delivery tomorrow. (we'll see...)

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Years ago I told my son a story. My son told his friends and they all called him a liar... Today I found the paperwork.. I'm trying to send it to my kid and my freakin phone keeps failing to send. On a side note my brother thought I was lying as well. Gonna send this to him as well...

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Years ago I told my son a story. My son told his friends and they all called him a liar... Today I found the paperwork.. I'm trying to send it to my kid and my freakin phone keeps failing to send. On a side note my brother thought I was lying as well. Gonna send this to him as well...

What was the story?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
What did you end up getting?

my daughter works for a mattress company and is highly regarded there, she got a great discount on a Queen beauty rest hybrid mattress and an adjustable base. She paid for the balance of the order & had it delivered to me. red carpet delivery service, they set up the new bed & hauled away my old stuff

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
my daughter works for a mattress company and is highly regarded there, she got a great discount on a Queen beauty rest hybrid mattress and an adjustable base. She paid for the balance of the order & had it delivered to me. red carpet delivery service, they set up the new bed & hauled away my old stuff

Queen size? Where does Red sleep...on the couch? :p

(I LOVE my Cal-king mattress)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
$1.25 for a peanut? :eek:
$1.25 for a 16 oz bottle.

Unsalted of course. I have no need for trace cornstarch and maltodextrin present in the salty nuts, although a couple bottles of salty nuts were purchased merely for taste testing.

It’s great since I can make super cheap peanut butter in a blender.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Had a pellet stove installed today. Took 2 months to get it once we ordered it, but it's finally here and installed. Installed price was around $5200, but it SHOULD make the house a bit more comfortable while cutting our electric heat bill considerably.

Reactions: Geekbabe

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Got my 3rd jab yesterday. Sore arm and just a bit tired. A+. Previous two took me down for a couple of days.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Thanks to many of you, I was able to fully stock up on groceries, lots of chicken, frozen veggies, eggs, cheese, yogurt. Paper towels, toilet paper, aluminum foil, garbage bag, toothpaste & all the fixings for Christmas dinner …feeling the ATOT love here❤️❤️❤️

Nov 17, 2019
Long story >> Short story ... had a problem on a website trying to order during a web-only sale. CS sent me a coupon for 25% off my total order by email to use in store. I go, get my stuff, check out. Out in the car I'm looking at the receipt and it doesn't seem right somehow Turns out they knocked off something like 75%. Umm, OK. Cool.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Stopped to grab a burrito at a local place for lunch and the girl working there told me it was on the house today, pretty nice surprise.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Ohio State (somehow) won the Rose Bowl.

With how they looked in the 1st half, I really expected them to lose. Their D was really, really, really bad.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Ohio State (somehow) won the Rose Bowl.

With how they looked in the 1st half, I really expected them to lose. Their D was really, really, really bad.
I'm not saying it was a good thing but the games today compared to yesterday...it was a good day.