REVENGE!!!! How to get back at my tormenters. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Poontos

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Windogg,

What about the rest of the innocent employees that are harmless
and haven`t done anything wrong to you?

Put yourself in there shoes... not a very considerate thing to
do to them.

Sometimes revenge will come back and bite you in the ass twice
as hard. Believe me!

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Pootos: In all my rants I always mention that only about 10 people really tick me off while there are 100+ that are really nice and follow company polices. Like most places 90% of all issues are from 10% of the people. One of the main reason's I have not quit is becuase I would be hurting 100+ people that really count on me.

Windogg

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Poontos: that's why we're examining point specific revenge tactics. Think "sniper rifle" and not "nuclear weapons" :)

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
WIndogg loong time no hear from you. Revenge ahh sweet revenge. dont have any suggestions as to how to mess with peeps though, nice plan; very nice. Actually, I have an idea, in the power managment set the hard drives to power down after a min of inactivity, and screen too or a second, if you can do it, these are laptops right? with those wonderfull finicky pcmcia nics right? convince em to get 1mbps wireless nics!! and in your office have the base station, right next to a few flourescent ballasts on your "old" hub, and convince em to travel around the office now that they have wireless nics, especially to other floors, to offices at the other end of the building or somthing, or offices by machinery, microwaves, that kind of fun stuff, also see if they'll try to use the wireless nics out side of the building, in the middle of traffic (ok too far)
, also on the cheap cable your running to their systems, rewire it so that it'll work but the pairs arnt crossed/twisted right and it adds alot more interverence, And also maybe a hidden version of rain running and rc5.

P.s.?also what happened to wombat women?

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm now taking many mental notes for users at work, hah, this stuff is too funny.

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
Instead of making their work life horrible..how about making it just downright dreadful. Leave an anonymous note with all the information you have on each of your "most hateds" bosses desk. Explain clearly and non emotionally what these jokers are doing to screw up the companies bottom line and ASK management to look into these peoples productivity. While your at it.. leave the same copy of the note on their desk with a nice little note saying "CC'd to your boss"

Or you could just leave out the part about giving it to their bosses and just leave it on their desk saying you gave it to their boss. :] let them come running to their boss with it in hand saying "Boss..about this...."

Let them slaughter themselves....

And thats what the IT/CIO club is all about. Productivity.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I did a small test on my laptop at work since I wanted to make sure it didn't drag down the entire network. It appears to be segmented pretty well since no reported any network slowdowns. It was kinda busy so I didn't have as much time to test it as I hoped. I think it'll work great. It took like 1 minute just to post a message.

Monday will be a good test.

Windogg

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hmmm.... any EE people out there that can verify something really underhanded?

1) Cut one plug off a patch cable and strip casing to exposed wire
2) Plug RJ45 into patchpanel leading back to victims PC
3) Take lantern battery (or better yet a car battery and place near patch panel
4) Get a set of alligator clips (jumper cable for larger battery)
5) Clamp on down on the orange pair and one down on the green pair.

What will happen? Will there a satisfying puff of smoke at the end of the line?

I thought obout using AC from the wall but it might overload the cable and set and entire bundle of wire off.

Windogg

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I'd guess the Nic would satisfy in a generally unsatisfying way, most likely just by quitting working. You've been reading the BOFH stories havent you? :) You could plug it into the wall but you'd most likley just melt the cable and flip a breaker.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I've also thought about combining several 24v wires off the PBX system. get 4 - 5 of them together just to be sure everything gets nice and toasty.

Windogg