Republicans storm impeachment inquiry deposition in House intelligence hearing room

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Call me suspicious
48 hours after the President says Republicans aren’t being tough enough
12 hours after a bunch of them met up with the President

However it was a good move on their part. Decent strategy they have.
Going forward
I’d have hearings in rooms with 1 door
I’d lock & guard that door
I’d remove all seats and furniture from outside
I’d prevent deliveries from arriving
They storm it again they can all stand plus not have water or food.

Trump signed off on GOP crashing impeachment testimony, Bloomberg says:

"President Trump knew in advance and approved of the plan for a contingent of Republican House members
to disrupt the House impeachment inquiry Wednesday, according to Bloomberg News. "

Toady little Brown Shirts led by matt gaetz.

Feb 4, 2009
It's not secrecy. It's called proper procedure. Why do officers separate witnesses and suspects when gathered at the scene of a crime, or in testimony, and ask them the same exact questions, when alone? Shouldn't they be asked the same questions together?! Shouldn't they ask one at a time, so that the first person can tell the other what the officers asked, and what they told them? Shouldn't they be allowed to do this?!??

Why do republicans always decide that the standard rules of law and precedent suddenly don't apply, or are uniquely abused the very instant that they feel their criminal behavior is being "unjustly" investigated?

Why are we somehow required to invent completely new rules for procedure in investigation and trials when republican corruption, and only republican corruption, is involved? Why is that? I am curious if this is what you actually believe, or if you are regurgitating broken RW Media talking points under the assumption that these sources are providing you honest information in good faith, ....and further if you are actually unaware that you are being shamelessly lied to by any and all sources that you feel most comfortable with.

Here's the thing: When Nunes was in charge, you had your fucking kangaroo court of laughable "witnesses" being called to testify on nonsense and Nunes running straight to the Whitehouse to illegally inform Trump admin of all that Congress was "investigating," and all that is known. That is fucking illegal. Why didn't you ask about this observable nonsense then, when it was unambiguously illegal? Why?

That’s liberal Cuck talk

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
They were literally chanting and waiving fists "let us in! Let us in!"
I would have been laughing my ass off.

Feb 4, 2009

"President Trump knew in advance and approved of the plan for a contingent of Republican House members
to disrupt the House impeachment inquiry Wednesday, according to Bloomberg News. "

Look at the good news seems like it was around 24 of them, that means enough are left over for a yes vote on impeachment

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Love the "trying to overturn the results of the election" defense. Goodness me. I guess we can't impeach anyone. We elected them, so we're stuck with them no matter how many crimes they commit. And it's not like Hillary becomes President afterward.

I caught a few minutes of Rush today calling out Republicans who say they are having a hard time defending Trump. Before going into a bunch of outright lies, he told it pretty straight. His job is to stop the Democrats, and that's what's good for the country in his view. 100% at all costs stopping the Democrats and winning by doing so is what matters. He proudly spreads complete bullshit to help win.

It's not just about sacrificing duty to our country here, it's about the toxic belief that Democrats having any power is the destruction of America.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
IANAL, but it seems to me that this is exactly what happens during a criminal investigation. If and when the case comes to trial, the accused can then confront the accuser and call witnesses.

Just like in other instances, I think they make these outlandish remarks to stir up the ignorant members of their base.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Love the "trying to overturn the results of the election" defense. Goodness me. I guess we can't impeach anyone. We elected them, so we're stuck with them no matter how many crimes they commit. And it's not like Hillary becomes President afterward.

I caught a few minutes of Rush today calling out Republicans who say they are having a hard time defending Trump. Before going into a bunch of outright lies, he told it pretty straight. His job is to stop the Democrats, and that's what's good for the country in his view. 100% at all costs stopping the Democrats and winning by doing so is what matters. He proudly spreads complete bullshit to help win.

It's not just about sacrificing duty to our country here, it's about the toxic belief that Democrats having any power is the destruction of America.

Some sick part of me almost hopes that Trump wins reelection in 2020 but the Senate flips.

Reactions: tweaker2

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Some sick part of me almost hopes that Trump wins reelection in 2020 but the Senate flips.

It was said not very long ago that Presidents have no real power. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now. If Trump is out, the Dems win in 2020 and the Senate GOP loses 10 members I'll be not OK with that, but it's perhaps the best real-world outcome. What is needed is to support opposition candidates to the max to unseat racist Graham and immoral Mitch.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I guess we need to protect the kangaroo court from the Constitution.

Hahahahaha, almost bud.

q6pzFtJ.gifv
FeistyWeakGoshawk-small.gif

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Of course, he was thinking about the ratings.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yea, I'd like to see those jerkoff's try that just one more time....but this time have Trump leading the way.

I mean it's his ass these hooligans are trying to save right? So why should Trump enlist stooges to do his dirty work for him when he can just do it himself?

Go for it Donny boy, walk the walk you like to talk. Don't be so cowardly and act like it's beneath you to pull that kind of stupid shit. Go down there and tell those traitors to their faces how you think it's so unfair the way they're treating you, instead of hiding behind your twitter wall.

Man up for once in your life. G'head, it would make world-wide news if you did it. Puh-leeezzze.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Yea, I'd like to see those jerkoff's try that just one more time....but this time have Trump leading the way.

I mean it's his ass these hooligans are trying to save right? So why should Trump enlist stooges to do his dirty work for him when he can just do it himself?

Go for it Donny boy, walk the walk you like to talk. Don't be so cowardly and act like it's beneath you to pull that kind of stupid shit. Go down there and tell those traitors to their faces how you think it's so unfair the way they're treating you, instead of hiding behind your twitter wall.

Man up for once in your life. G'head, it would make world-wide news if you did it. Puh-leeezzze.

He totally would except his bone spurs are acting up again.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It was said not very long ago that Presidents have no real power. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now. If Trump is out, the Dems win in 2020 and the Senate GOP loses 10 members I'll be not OK with that, but it's perhaps the best real-world outcome. What is needed is to support opposition candidates to the max to unseat racist Graham and immoral Mitch.

Not just that. We need to vote Democratic down ticket to stop state level bullshit like regressive taxes, gerrymandering & voter suppression, as well.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

About 30 House Republicans attempted to force entry Wednesday into the closed-door hearing where Laura Cooper, deputy assistant secretary of defense, was scheduled to testify in the impeachment inquiry into President Trump and Ukraine.
The big picture: The Republicans are protesting a lack of transparency in the impeachment process, alleging that the inquiry is not legitimate because a full House vote has not been held and attacking Democrats for holding hearings in private. Because of their efforts to disrupt the hearing, Cooper's testimony was delayed for five hours and began at about 3 pm ET.
Between the lines: Republicans reportedly took pictures inside the House Intelligence Committee's Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) — forcing police to conduct a sweep for possible security breaches. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) tweeted from inside the SCIF: "BREAKING: I led over 30 of my colleagues into the SCIF where Adam Schiff is holding secret impeachment depositions. Still inside - more details to come."
  • Gaetz later added: "**Tweet from Staff**"
Worth noting: The group alleges that they are being shut out of the impeachment process, but there are Republicans on the three panels conducting the investigation — the House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees — that are present and able to ask questions at every hearing.
  • A full House vote authorizing an impeachment inquiry would likely allow Republicans to call their own witnesses, but any subpoenas they attempt to issue could be vetoed by Democrats.
  • House Intelligence Committee member Jim Himes (D-Conn.) explained earlier this month that the depositions are private to protect classified information and prevent Trump allies who are being questioned from coordinating their testimonies. He added that witness transcripts will eventually be scrubbed and released to the public.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What a lovely display of bullshittery & grandstanding. They're not trying to create alternate facts but rather an alternate cult reality.
from the Axios link-

Worth noting: The group alleges that they are being shut out of the impeachment process, but there are Republicans on the three panels conducting the investigation — the House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees — that are present and able to ask questions at every hearing

Devin fucking Nunes & other House Republicans were sitting in the room when their compatriots pulled this shit.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Even then you are probably better off just representing yourself. I think both of them has done more harm than good.

Throwing yourself upon the mercy of the court would be a better option.

The only difference between them is that Graham is only pretending to be retarded.