Republicans pushing through Medicare Bill (of goods) without review.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
You may be too harsh on your Congressman . . . the Bush Regime is really laying the whip on people. These people are so oppressive that some people have to leave the party to find some peace.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
What part of "HUGE mistake" didn't you read? Also did you miss the part about separating the issue from the politics? I can laugh about the politics and fallout even though I don't support the legislation - because I find it amusing that the Democrats have been yapping about a Drup coverage bill for years and now that it's ACTUALLY being done by someone - they cry foul and turn on the AARP. The politics of it is hilarious - IMO;)

CkG

Right, I understand, it IS amusing. But after complaining about the issue itself you proceeded to complain only about the dems. Where are your harsh words for the repubs who pushed this steaming turd through?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
What part of "HUGE mistake" didn't you read? Also did you miss the part about separating the issue from the politics? I can laugh about the politics and fallout even though I don't support the legislation - because I find it amusing that the Democrats have been yapping about a Drup coverage bill for years and now that it's ACTUALLY being done by someone - they cry foul and turn on the AARP. The politics of it is hilarious - IMO;)

CkG

Right, I understand, it IS amusing. But after complaining about the issue itself you proceeded to complain only about the dems. Where are your harsh words for the repubs who pushed this steaming turd through?

Maybe because I'm talking about the hilariousness of the politics and not "complaining" when I speak of the Dems?. You don't seem to be able to separate the issue from the politics.

CkG

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Is this thread about the merits of the bill itself or the idea to push it thru without ample time to go over it?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
It also would provide subsidies to insurance companies in hopes they would offer private coverage to seniors ? a provision viewed with favor by conservatives but suspicion by many Democrats.
If you have to subsidize the activity . . . what's the point of claiming market forces will save Medicare?

The far-reaching bill would increase Medicare funding for doctors, hospitals and other health care providers, particularly in rural areas, where reimbursement levels are far below what is paid in other regions of the country. It also provides billions of dollars to companies to encourage them to retain the health coverage they provide their retirees.
Can you imagine the financial hole states and the feds will be in within a few years? Medicare needs reforms so it can do more with less b/c in short order we will be compelled to provide care for many more people.