Republicans: No honeymoon if Clinton wins

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Be nice to see her (or Trump if he should be elected) to be found out for what they are and their subs step up. Never have there been a more disgusting pair to run for President.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Be nice to see her (or Trump if he should be elected) to be found out for what they are and their subs step up. Never have there been a more disgusting pair to run for President.
I prefer Hillary BY FAR over Kaine. Trump and Pence can BOTH go fuck themselves.

Reactions: fskimospy

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
What is "game theory"? Just curious.
I'll oversimplify it.

A beginner at something needs to make a choice. That beginner usually attempts to look at the shortest-possible term when choosing the move. That is, what is the biggest possible gain with the next move.

Looking only short-term is often a decent choice, but it isn't necessarily the best choice. Game theory says, wait a minute, lets think ALSO about what the opponent will do when making our choice. Sometimes the best move is the same as what the beginner would have chosen. But, sometimes you need to make a short-term bad move (or at least not the best possible short-term move) in anticipation of what your opponent will do. It might be wisest to make a sacrifice and lose a battle in order to win the war. The beginner would only think about winning each battle.

Thinking about the opponent is game theory. (In general, you assume you are playing a competent opponent.)

To do game theory best, you should go through all of your possible choices and all of your opponent's possible choices and pick the best long-term outcome for you.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I prefer Hillary BY FAR over Kaine. Trump and Pence can BOTH go fuck themselves.

She in too many pockets for me to begin supporting her. She's a neocon in progressive clothing making a hundred million perhaps benefiting from those she says she says are opportunists. A parasites parasite.

"None of the above" will probably be my vote.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
She in too many pockets for me to begin supporting her. She's a neocon in progressive clothing making a hundred million perhaps benefiting from those she says she says are opportunists. A parasites parasite.

Given her age, there is a reasonable chance of her not completing her term due to health issues. Perhaps her VP pick is more to your liking. If so, that would be a reason to vote for her.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, a parasite who pays 30% in federal income taxes & donates another 10% to charity. Who says she'll raise her own taxes given the chance.

Compare & contrast that with the contributions of the Hair Furor...

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
On the bright side, all this politically charged slimy bullshit is sparing us the horror of having to listen to republicans attempt to bash Bernie for something he said in the 80s. *whew!*

This is exactly what I said would happen back before/during the primaries. No sympathy for surprise at all for the Hillary people who are acting incensed and outraged by this behavior. It's the GOP. This is what those obstructionist asshats do, or did 2008-now not illustrate that well enough?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
My parents have been chatting up my gay niece to get her to vote republican and when she went to early vote today she voted for Hillary.:D

Reactions: MongGrel

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Nothing better than gullible chumps believing that Clinton is somehow unacceptable simply because the batshit insane party has been unable to actually govern for a quarter of a century, and is instead stuck attempting to paint their opponents as inherently evil.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Do your parents know she is gay?
Yes they do. My parents possess the most amazing capacity to bias against anything they chose to as their assessments are always correct no matter what evidence to the contrary might be before them. I was going to put a Hillary campaign magnet on my car but decided against it as it would incite the republitard in them. Clintons emails are evil in their eyes but Trump forcing himself on non-consenting women is a taboo topic? Yes indeed let the confirmation bias Olympics begin. On November 9th I fully expect to hear them railing against the establishment and "Crooked Hillary" while "Groping Don" is alright. This is a prime example of classical conditioning and just how powerful it is. Religion + Politics = Brain Dead.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes they do. My parents possess the most amazing capacity to bias against anything they chose to as their assessments are always correct no matter what evidence to the contrary might be before them. I was going to put a Hillary campaign magnet on my car but decided against it as it would incite the republitard in them. Clintons emails are evil in their eyes but Trump forcing himself on non-consenting women is a taboo topic? Yes indeed let the confirmation bias Olympics begin. On November 9th I fully expect to hear them railing against the establishment and "Crooked Hillary" while "Groping Don" is alright. This is a prime example of classical conditioning and just how powerful it is. Religion + Politics = Brain Dead.
I feel for you bro. My parents are insane religious, too. They HATE Donald Trump but are still going to vote for him because they are afraid of Hillary SCOTUS picks. Useful idiots.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I feel for you bro. My parents are insane religious, too. They HATE Donald Trump but are still going to vote for him because they are afraid of Hillary SCOTUS picks. Useful idiots.

Have hope. The times they are a-changing. The demographic changes occurring in our nation along with the attitudes that our youth are showing us points to a more knowledgeable and more involved voting populace in our future.

Nothing better beats the fear and hate campaign the GOP have been indoctrinating their constituents with than an informed voting base armed with the yearning for the truth and the facts of what's going on around them. :)

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Have hope. The times they are a-changing. The demographic changes occurring in our nation along with the attitudes that our youth are showing us points to a more knowledgeable and more involved voting populace in our future.

Nothing better beats the fear and hate campaign the GOP have been indoctrinating their constituents with than an informed voting base armed with the yearning for the truth and the facts of what's going on around them. :)

You have more faith than I do. While I see racism and bigotry dying off, I don't see the number of informed voters growing or outpacing uninformed voters.

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Thanks for your kind understanding.:eek: At this point I'm convinced that the republitard mental set is a result of generations of incest combined with religious extremism that makes Islam look like a couple of kids filming a Romperroom episode.:p Church and religion in general make me want to hurl as I'm immune to their garbage yet I'm still amazed at just how much sway they hold over good people.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's all about abortion, of course, and stacking the Court to overturn Roe v Wade. It's Repubs' great perma-issue, one they dare not win. If abortion were outlawed there would be little reason for the religious to vote Republican. As it is, empty promises hold them in thrall.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
You have more faith than I do. While I see racism and bigotry dying off, I don't see the number of informed voters growing or outpacing uniformed voters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm going to assume that your view is one that encompasses a shorter time lapse than what I was thinking of, so I think it's a matter of how far ahead into the future we're looking into. I totally agree with you that in the here and now and for the short term (10-15 yrs?) things don't look too promising. But looking beyond that when our youth fully mature and when the demographic changes are large enough to significantly affect the results of our future elections, I think good things will happen for our nation.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm going to assume that your view is one that encompasses a shorter time lapse than what I was thinking of, so I think it's a matter of how far ahead into the future we're looking into. I totally agree with you that in the here and now and for the short term (10-15 yrs?) things don't look too promising. But looking beyond that when our youth fully mature and when the demographic changes are large enough to significantly affect the results of our future elections, I think good things will happen for our nation.

I'm definitely thinking about a much shorter time period. However, the policies we enact now can and will have a lasting effect on our democracy and as of right now, with a political party whose policies goals seem to be anything that breaks government, I don't see us enacting the necessary policies that affect future generations in a positive way.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm definitely thinking about a much shorter time period. However, the policies we enact now can and will have a lasting effect on our democracy and as of right now, with a political party whose policies goals seem to be anything that breaks government, I don't see us enacting the necessary policies that affect future generations in a positive way.

Agreed, there is that stubborn obstacle to overcome.

This idea that they either have things all their way or everybody gets nothing seems pathetically self-destructive, and that policy has manifested itself in the self-destruction the Repub Party is experiencing right at this very moment.

Yet, I really can't see the GOP learning anything positive from this painful experience, but rather what they've been doing year after year: doubling down on stupid and becoming even more intractable, insular and hostile toward the changes our nation requires to evolve in order to better meet the changes that are happening all around us.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Agreed, there is that stubborn obstacle to overcome.

This idea that they either have things all their way or everybody gets nothing seems pathetically self-destructive, and that policy has manifested itself in the self-destruction the Repub Party is experiencing right at this very moment.

Yet, I really can't see the GOP learning anything positive from this painful experience, but rather what they've been doing year after year: doubling down on stupid and becoming even more intractable, insular and hostile toward the changes our nation requires to evolve in order to better meet the changes that are happening all around us.

All that comes back around to maintaining & advancing trickle down economics, to serving the interests of wealth & privilege above all others. It's about an insurgent plutocracy attempting to detach themselves from any civic responsibility whatsoever.

Reactions: tweaker2

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
It's all about abortion, of course, and stacking the Court to overturn Roe v Wade. It's Repubs' great perma-issue, one they dare not win. If abortion were outlawed there would be little reason for the religious to vote Republican. As it is, empty promises hold them in thrall.
Remember now that this is the same group of apes that forced their way into Terri Shiavo's life forcing a feeding tube on her and their views upon her family. If this isn't an intrusion I don't know what is. They claim they want less government regulation but then their actions betray their words.:eek:

If you'll take a look most of them are obese in a big way. They don't want me to tell them about their weight yet want to force their views upon a woman and take away her right to choose. How hypocritical is that?