Republicans: No honeymoon if Clinton wins

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well, the Repub leadership has discredited themselves with their base & they can extend that to the rest of the country if they keep at it. They haven't figured out that America is getting sick of their shit.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Unfortunately, americans are too dumb to realize where the blame in regards to their problems. So many people are complaining about how things are so bad, but continue to choose the same strategy:
1) Let's blame people who are not in power
2) Let's double down and give in to our basest and most tribal instincts by re-selecting in bloc fashion the very same people who are in power during these so called terrible times

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/hillary-clinton-republicans-congress/index.html

Just what the country needs - 4 more years of politically motivated "investigations" instead of solving real problems.

Get ready for more Benghazi, emails, Clinton Foundation, Benghazi and Benghazi.

Also, this winning statement from Drumpf:

Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/donald-trump-cancel-election/index.html

Heh, Trump is even speaking about himself in the third person now.

Reactions: Perknose and jman19

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/hillary-clinton-republicans-congress/index.html

Just what the country needs - 4 more years of politically motivated "investigations" instead of solving real problems.

Get ready for more Benghazi, emails, Clinton Foundation, Benghazi and Benghazi.

Also, this winning statement from Drumpf:

Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/donald-trump-cancel-election/index.html

If she wins and if the Dems take the senate I wonder if we'll see them take a hard line stance. Maybe a partial nuclear option where the filibuster is rescinded if more than 60 days goes by without a hearing for a SCOTUS nominee.

Reactions: MongGrel

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Nobody cares about gerrymandered Republican house's investigations. They don't represent the American people.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
They've been poisoning the well for discussions of anything Clinton for decades. Hillary could govern as a bonafide saint and still face nonstop investigations over stuff currently being investigated out the whazoo.

Democrats legislate and get things done. Republicans investigate and stall. Choose wisely.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's fine, Republicans will make Hillary look very good and alienate another generation of young voters. Come 2020, there will only be bitter and stupid people left in the GOP to nominate the next Trump.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Those radical religitards are so far gone that they are clinically insane. Have you listened to their hate filled rhetoric towards anyone who doesn't agree with them? Confirmation bias be damned - full speed ahead to the ditch!:eek:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hillary is not Obama.
She believes in the hands on approach to governing, unlike Obama.
When Hillary was in the senate, republicans actually liked her, praised her, and worked with her.
Obama is more laid back and believes the congress should do their job and the senate should do their job and the president need not get involved.
Hillary operates very differently.

She will twist arms, make deals, get things done.
And whatever republicans now say about blocking everything Hillary, they won't.
I think republicans are use to a push over president that is detached and stays pretty much out of the fight, i.e. Obama.
If republicans dare believe that Hillary is just another Obama, they had better think twice.
Hillary is no pushover, but still she will gladly work with people across the isle and Hillary has been quite successful when doing that.

So I would not put too much into what republicans now say or claim they will or will not do if Hillary becomes president.
I think they say this because they have been use to a detached president for the last 8 years, and they think Hillary will be just another Obama.
And face it.... they are a little pissed off right now with their own candidate Donald Trump. They know that Trump is likely to blow it for them.
And that pissed them off very much.

But once Hillary is elected, they will cool off.
They will just be thankful that Donald Trump is finally out of their lives for good.
And they will realize Hillary is a president very much involved and very much a president they can find common ground with to get things done.
But we can't really blame republicans for the dumb things they might say pre-election considering Donald Trump is about to drive their entire party off a steep steep cliff.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Maybe those dumbass republitards shouldn't have nominated an orange clown this time around.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
For everyone who bitches after the election is over....we should have had better candidates. Congress will spend the next 4 years, either trying to shoot down either candidate, on proposals, or impeach them. We're screwed!

What came first, the chicken (horrible congress), or the egg? (president)

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So it Trump wins, will we have a rushed prosecution of Hillary so Obama can pardon her before he leaves town?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
So it Trump wins, will we have a rushed prosecution of Hillary so Obama can pardon her before he leaves town?

No, give them both lots of line....let em run, almost until the statute of limitations ends, then set the hook.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
It's fine, Republicans will make Hillary look very good and alienate another generation of young voters. Come 2020, there will only be bitter and stupid people left in the GOP to nominate the next Trump.
Student debt and jobs are what concern young voters. We as Americans have short memories. By the midterms, Trump will be but a memory. If she does not deliver on those two topics, young voters will abandon her at the midterms as they did Obama.

The far left is also starting to circle. Sanders and Warren are starting to signal they expect her to do something about the AT&T and Silicon Valley monopolies (Apple, Google, Facebook). Will be interesting to watch Clinton turn on some of the people she is financially beholden to.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Hillary is not Obama.
She believes in the hands on approach to governing, unlike Obama.
When Hillary was in the senate, republicans actually liked her, praised her, and worked with her.
Obama is more laid back and believes the congress should do their job and the senate should do their job and the president need not get involved.
Hillary operates very differently.

She will twist arms, make deals, get things done.
And whatever republicans now say about blocking everything Hillary, they won't.
I think republicans are use to a push over president that is detached and stays pretty much out of the fight, i.e. Obama.
If republicans dare believe that Hillary is just another Obama, they had better think twice.
Hillary is no pushover, but still she will gladly work with people across the isle and Hillary has been quite successful when doing that.

So I would not put too much into what republicans now say or claim they will or will not do if Hillary becomes president.
I think they say this because they have been use to a detached president for the last 8 years, and they think Hillary will be just another Obama.
And face it.... they are a little pissed off right now with their own candidate Donald Trump. They know that Trump is likely to blow it for them.
And that pissed them off very much.

But once Hillary is elected, they will cool off.
They will just be thankful that Donald Trump is finally out of their lives for good.
And they will realize Hillary is a president very much involved and very much a president they can find common ground with to get things done.
But we can't really blame republicans for the dumb things they might say pre-election considering Donald Trump is about to drive their entire party off a steep steep cliff.
The hawkish Republicans are going to adore her. Who can we bomb next?

Dec 10, 2005
The continued obstruction and do-nothing of the legislative branch is only going to harbor sentiments that allow another Trump to flourish. People will look for someone to break through the deadlock and they'll likely find that in a person that wants to expand the powers of the executive branch.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Student debt and jobs are what concern young voters. We as Americans have short memories. By the midterms, Trump will be but a memory. If she does not deliver on those two topics, young voters will abandon her at the midterms as they did Obama.

She doesn't have to deliver. She has to make the attempt strong & well publicized, putting the onus on Repubs.

The far left is also starting to circle. Sanders and Warren are starting to signal they expect her to do something about the AT&T and Silicon Valley monopolies (Apple, Google, Facebook). Will be interesting to watch Clinton turn on some of the people she is financially beholden to.

That's a childish way to portray her as treacherous. The portrayal of Sanders & Warren as "far left" is scurrilous.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
She doesn't have to deliver. She has to make the attempt strong & well publicized, putting the onus on Repubs.

That's a childish way to portray her as treacherous. The portrayal of Sanders & Warren as "far left" is scurrilous.
Your first response is reasonable. Strategically, she should try to make an attempt and then lay obstructionism at the feet of the GOP. That strategy didnt work great for Obama. Of course this will require well publicized transparency.

What is scurrilous in depicting Warren and Sanders as far left, unless of course you believe there is something inherently nefarious to being far left. They are far left, there's been much fanfare about how both Sanders and Warren are pulling Clinton to the left, and there is nothing treacherous about the obvious conflict and tension between corporate interests relative to those of the electorate. Will be interesting to see how Clinton navigates some of the looming and immediate icebergs in her path.

Feb 4, 2009
I wonder if Obama gives some kind of blanket email/Benghazi pardon just to keep stuff on track for the new President, I doubt he'd want any President to face the same obstruction he did. I'm not sure if Hillary would want it but Obama could take the hit since his elected career is over.
I'm also not sure if the President can issue a blanket pardon for something someone has not been charged for.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I want my reps to do any and everything they can to limit the amount of damage she is able to do to the country. Whatever procedural avenues are available to do so will be explored. This is not rocket science.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I want my reps to do any and everything they can to limit the amount of damage she is able to do to the country. Whatever procedural avenues are available to do so will be explored. This is not rocket science.

Did you ever consider that what they are doing is damaging to the country?

And just so I get you correctly, you believe the country is best governed by whatever party doesn't control the presidency engaging in scorched earth opposition to what the president wants to do? Does this seem like a good long term governing plan to you?