Republicans in MI and AZ sent forged certificates of ascertainment declaring Trump/Pence the winners after the election.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Had it worked they’d be set. So hard to believe that they were able to round up some redpilled morons that were willing to gamble that sure thing?
No they wouldn't be set. Someone at some point would notice that the documents didn't align with the outcome of the votes. A question would be asked that has no acceptable answer.

The story could be exactly as reported. Five groups of people engaged in an unfathomably stupid crime that they signed their names to and made a part of the public record, knowing full well that they had to be caught. Not a single one of them could count to potato?

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
I love how Greenboy goes from, 'If they did wrong, jail them' to slowly confirming that he's fine with these people breaking the law by questioning if any competent person would do such 'blatantly stupid crime.' In other words, trying to discredit the situation through some projected conspiracy theory. Well, let me tell you, sir, historically, these people aren't the brightest of the bunch 🙄

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I love how Greenboy goes from, 'If they did wrong, jail them' to slowly confirming that he's fine with these people breaking the law by questioning if any competent person would do such 'blatantly stupid crime.' In other words, trying to discredit the situation through some projected conspiracy theory. Well, let me tell you, sir, historically, these people aren't the brightest of the bunch 🙄

Yeah but trump plays 4D chess so it’s possible these people didn’t know what they were doing.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
No they wouldn't be set. Someone at some point would notice that the documents didn't align with the outcome of the votes. A question would be asked that has no acceptable answer.

The story could be exactly as reported. Five groups of people engaged in an unfathomably stupid crime that they signed their names to and made a part of the public record, knowing full well that they had to be caught. Not a single one of them could count to potato?

How is the different that the “patriots” that stormed the Capitol while filming the entire thing? Was that not “unfathomably stupid” as you say?m

Yet, here we are watching you contort and move the goal posts at any point to get this into your paradigm. I wonder what you would be saying if we moved time back to 2016 and then after the election libtards attacked the Capitol and tried to submit a forged slate of electors in five states? (Before you you start on this Russia, Russia, Russia kick, think again.) You would be frothing at the mouth. Wonder what you would be saying if the head of the BLM movement got caught using whatever encrypted communication app trying to subvert the election, as well trying to start a civil war with tens of thousands of dollars in gun and ammo purchases just before and just after the election? You would be screaming from any hill about this. But now you’re carrying water for these guys while they continue to put pressure on your neck with their boot. All you can say is, “What boot?” You are a clown.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
That makes a lot more sense than the story as presented. It also changes the narrative from a sinister (though incredibly stupid) plot to derail the election to more of a bunch of people that don't know what to do. That would also explain the lack of formal charges as well.
My hunch is that there is a piece of the story that's been omitted or undiscovered. It simply requires to much stupid to stand on it's own. This is Florida man level stupid, there has to be more.
Why give them the benefit of the doubt, at this point?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Oh for fucks sake, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt here, you're being overly obtuse for some god forsaken reason.

IT WAS A COUP ATTEMPT.

How do you think that works?????

Reactions: Meghan54
Nov 17, 2019
This was a rehearsal to see how far they could get. Some states have now made replacing electors legal, yet it remains to be seen how courts will rule.

To me, this is all proof that the Electoral count should be automatic, based on the popular vote. No human electors.

But there would still need to be a way to challenge an unfit candidate, even though it failed in '16.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Nah, scrap the whole thing, popular vote, with ranked choice voting. Probably the only thing that would salvage this shitshow at this point.

sure, never gonna fly though. American's overall are just too dumb to understand it. Even in MA they voted it down a couple years ago, and we're at the top for education. I didn't talk with a single person that understood it. And any changes will immediately be attacked by the GQP because they know that without lying, cheating, and now literally stealing, they'll never win an election by the numbers.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Barr lied about the Meuller Report exonerating Trump live on TV. If this plan worked, Trump and Barr would have had the power to stop anyone investigating it. Remember, Trump and his DOJ were going around to officials explicitly saying "just lie and we'll take care if the rest."

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
When it's a bunch of at least minimally educated people with cushy jobs across five states that stand to end up in jail, yeah, that's way beyond Florida man stupid.

"Lets all sign this paper that's going to get us fired and jailed with no possible benefit". I don't see it.

I just recalled where I heard this exact narrative... Its was a paraphrasing of Tucker making excuses for the rioters jan 6th. Exact same MO.
You watch Tucker a lot?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I just recalled where I heard this exact narrative... Its was a paraphrasing of Tucker making excuses for the rioters jan 6th. Exact same MO.
You watch Tucker a lot?
Never watch his show, I find him annoying. For the most part, I don't watch TV at all.
But why would it matter? Why the left handed attempt at casting shade by comparing my point with something you think Carlson has said?
The question I posed above is valid. It should be asked. Why has no action been taken against these people? The story as presented is clearly sedition. So who's running cover for this group? Why are they untouched a year after the crime was committed? Why are you trying to divert the topic away from those questions? I would think you'd be all over this.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

You act as if the "unfathomably stupid crime" was committed in a vacuum, completely ignoring the coup attempt going on across the country all based on the big lie perpetrated by Trump and his cronies.

Reactions: ivwshane

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
The question I posed above is valid. It should be asked. Why has no action been taken against these people? The story as presented is clearly sedition. So who's running cover for this group? Why are they untouched a year after the crime was committed? Why are you trying to divert the topic away from those questions? I would think you'd be all over this.

Not sure it’s valid. Saying now, “Why are they untouched a year after the crime was committed?” is disingenuous. You are well aware these kinds of criminal investigations and referrals for prosecution take time. It took almost a year to get the mold and bacteria into the light. There is Federal and State jurisdictions to consider, too, but I would think both apply.

It will interesting to see what happens to one of the people who signed the fraudulent ballot in Arizona, Jim Lamon, who is running for Mark Kelly’s Senate seat. I have my popcorn ready to watch that show.

It is clearly sedition, but there are minions out there that think these fools were doing God’s work to assure the chosen one, DJT, was elected no matter what. That is where things get hairy.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Never watch his show, I find him annoying. For the most part, I don't watch TV at all.
But why would it matter? Why the left handed attempt at casting shade by comparing my point with something you think Carlson has said?
Have you not lived in this country? The wheel of justice turns slowly, to the point of no justice. Especially, if you are a white upper middle class or above person being charged.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Have you not lived in this country? The wheel of justice turns slowly, to the point of no justice. Especially, if you are a white upper middle class or above person being charged.
Indeed. But there is generally a reasonably quick start to the investigation, or at least an announcement that questions are being asked. I would expect to hear that the DOJ is "looking in to it".

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Indeed. But there is generally a reasonably quick start to the investigation, or at least an announcement that questions are being asked. I would expect to hear that the DOJ is "looking in to it".

That may be true for a partisan DOJ like the one that was under trump, but a normal functioning DOJ doesn’t announce or talk about current ongoing investigations.

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
That may be true for an partisan DOJ like the one that was under trump, but a normal functioning DOJ doesn’t announce or talk about current ongoing investigations.

You have to excuse him.....he only paid attention to the goings-on of the fed. govt. while Trump was in office. Before and afterwards, not so much.....at all. Ever. Not even in a dream. Or on a dare. Or by being humiliated by showing how ill informed he really is....(sorry, I forget he's damned proud to be not informed about anything yet broadcasts his opinion on everything, despite being empty intellectually.)

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Last night on TRMS, she laid out a new piece of information. First she played video of like that last 10 or so counting's of the state electors, like the last 30 years worth. They were always read by the current VP and they all read the same script. It's now obvious that Pence was aware of these forged documents floating around. He added a statement. See link.

Mike Pence script change seems to address fake Trump elector scheme (msnbc.com)

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
The stuff came out yesterday is a continuation of this story. It will only get worse. The more details we get, especially from the January 6th Committee, we continue to shed light on this dubious plan. Grab your popcorn, it’s gonna be a show.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I'm still having trouble making sense out of this. Clearly the actions weren't, and couldn't be, hidden. The names of the perps are written on the documents, the documents themselves are the crime. Either there is a conspiracy to protect these folks, or there is an undisclosed piece of the story that would cast doubt on the narrative as presented. Is there a third option I'm missing? Is it just that no one cares enough to bother arresting these people?

the third option you were missing is that the Trump campaign was behind this crime...

if you thought "these people" should be arrested, then surely you'll agree that those who directed this scam against our democracy should also be arrested.