Republicans in MI and AZ sent forged certificates of ascertainment declaring Trump/Pence the winners after the election.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
PS.
This reminds me of that movie "Color Me Kubrick" with John Malkovich. The scene in the loony ward and John Malkovich is yelling "I'm Stanley Kubrick", and all the other loonies in the ward repeat "I'm Stanley Kubrick" and "I'm Stanley Kubrick", and the nurse on the loud speaker... "will all the Stanley Kubrick's please be quiet and eat their lunch".

Will all the Donald Trump electors please be quiet and eat their lunch....
mental hospital.jpg

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I believe the prevailing argument is that Garland doesn't want to further agitate the far right by actually, you know, holding them accountable. Appeasement is the word, I believe.

Just hand the keys to our new GOP overlords already. Drop the this silly pretense of "justice."

Not holding them accountable is incitement for them to do more. Lawlessness is agitation, it will help embolden them.
Our Admin are a bunch of morons if they think this does not require a swift and firm hand.

Michigan AG asks feds to investigate fake GOP electors

Glad someone is ringing that alarm bell.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
20 years in Leavenworth for every single one of them, at the minimum.

Make examples out of them, inaction will only embolden more treasonous behavior. Thing is though, this kind of thing takes time, especially when you have incriminated interests working against justice however they can. I'm one of those getting impatient too, but I believe we're about to start seeing things pick up. AGs and prosecutors have to make their cases airtight when stakes are this big, and proving intent in court has always been a difficult affair lets remember.

I'm actually starting to think the Dems stand a good chance of timing all of this quite well, and it's going to hit the GQP right where their balls should be. The really dirty details, in quantity, will consume public discourse right before the elections. Ben Ghazi and all the Buttery Males send their regards.

Last edited:

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
this is actually more likely to bring down drumpf than anything else.

you have hard evidence of attempts to circumvent election rules/laws, coordination efforts(conspiracy) to across multiple states (fbi jurisdiction) to enter the fake document(forgery). there is no defense for mistake of fact since the correct procedure was to present evidence in court which at best would have called things into question and therefore no way to jump to the conclusion that drumpf won and sending in the fake certifications. you have act and intent on paper.

assuming the AG can go up the ladder of whoever planned and executed this, you have hard charges that can be prosecuted to get testimony. the shear number of signatories means they can't pass this off as a lone whakko operating on their own.

edit: forgot the 't on cant.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I'm still having trouble making sense out of this. Clearly the actions weren't, and couldn't be, hidden. The names of the perps are written on the documents, the documents themselves are the crime. Either there is a conspiracy to protect these folks, or there is an undisclosed piece of the story that would cast doubt on the narrative as presented. Is there a third option I'm missing? Is it just that no one cares enough to bother arresting these people?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I'm still having trouble making sense out of this. Clearly the actions weren't, and couldn't be, hidden. The names of the perps are written on the documents, the documents themselves are the crime. Either there is a conspiracy to protect these folks, or there is an undisclosed piece of the story that would cast doubt on the narrative as presented. Is there a third option I'm missing? Is it just that no one cares enough to bother arresting these people?
Its the lefts new hoax. Dont worry about it. Back to sleep. Go Brandon.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

god you are dense. 7 identical crimes happen in 7 different states using identical forged documents. who do you think was the mastermind behind this single crime?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
god you are dense. 7 identical crimes happen in 7 different states using identical forged documents. who do you think was the mastermind behind this single crime?

It certainly couldn’t have been the only person who’d benefit from an overturned election! /eyeroll

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Maddow's coverage of this has been excellent. You're not wrong about how bizarre this is--like who the fuck would commit this crime and sign their goddamn name on a forged document???

From what I gathered, many of the states were following a template--implying coordination. However, one one of the states (PA I believe) the document naming the alternate slate of electors was *crystal clear* that these electors would only be chosen in the event that a court order was imposed preventing the standard slate of electors from doing their duty.

My hypothesis is that whomever was coordinating this effort with the states was doing so on the assumption that DoJ or SCOTUS would take certain actions allowing a different slate of electors to bed named. I think some of the folks at the state level weren't the best/brightest minds (Trump supporters after all) and went ahead and filed the paperwork before that action could occur, or without getting the necessary cover first. Maybe they thought no one would notice if their effort amounted to nothing--no harm/no foul?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I'm dense, yet you managed to miss the point and the question.
I didn't question that it happened, I didn't question nor offer any thought as to who was behind it. I didn't cast doubt on the legality or lack thereof. My thought's were entirely focused on the idea that with all of the information present, why has no action been taken?
I recommend reading this several times out loud before you respond with yet another inane comment.

Reactions: pcgeek11

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Maddow's coverage of this has been excellent. You're not wrong about how bizarre this is--like who the fuck would commit this crime and sign their goddamn name on a forged document???

From what I gathered, many of the states were following a template--implying coordination. However, one one of the states (PA I believe) the document naming the alternate slate of electors was *crystal clear* that these electors would only be chosen in the event that a court order was imposed preventing the standard slate of electors from doing their duty.

My hypothesis is that whomever was coordinating this effort with the states was doing so on the assumption that DoJ or SCOTUS would take certain actions allowing a different slate of electors to bed named. I think some of the folks at the state level weren't the best/brightest minds (Trump supporters after all) and went ahead and filed the paperwork before that action could occur, or without getting the necessary cover first. Maybe they thought no one would notice if their effort amounted to nothing--no harm/no foul?

Which alludes to the idea that this effort to submit a slate of "substitute" electors was part of a larger plan that went awry and left this particular part of the overall plan exposed to scrutiny, with the master plan itself vanishing into thin air upon Biden's election clearing numerous court battles fought on Trump's behalf.

Just throwing this out there as a possibility.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The cult should donate money to another fund Bannon can steal from, I bet that would totally help things get "de certified."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is part of Republicans overall to maintain power even though a majority of people don't support their policies.

The big lie
Weakening voting rights
voter suppression

In 2005 renewal of the Voting Rights Act was unanimous. Today no Republicans would vote for it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This is part of Republicans overall to maintain power even though a majority of people don't support their policies.

The big lie
Weakening voting rights
voter suppression

In 2005 renewal of the Voting Rights Act was unanimous. Today no Republicans would vote for it.

The Repubs have also managed to silence their opposition by convincing their members that the only source of news and information they should listen to is FOX "News", under the precept that if you don't hear your opposition they either don't matter or they don't exist. China is in the process of doing exactly that in Hong Kong where the Chinese Communist Party, like our Republican party is intent on having their citizens hear and see only what the party wants them to, truth be damned.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

That makes a lot more sense than the story as presented. It also changes the narrative from a sinister (though incredibly stupid) plot to derail the election to more of a bunch of people that don't know what to do. That would also explain the lack of formal charges as well.
My hunch is that there is a piece of the story that's been omitted or undiscovered. It simply requires to much stupid to stand on it's own. This is Florida man level stupid, there has to be more.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That makes a lot more sense than the story as presented. It also changes the narrative from a sinister (though incredibly stupid) plot to derail the election to more of a bunch of people that don't know what to do. That would also explain the lack of formal charges as well.
My hunch is that there is a piece of the story that's been omitted or undiscovered. It simply requires to much stupid to stand on it's own. This is Florida man level stupid, there has to be more.
Does there have to be more to Florida man stupid? I mean you can't possibly explain a level of stupid as not possibly existing by referencing a level of stupid that does. Sorry about that but I am used to subjecting my opinions to merciless scrutiny to the extent that I destroyed all the comforting delusions I used to believe, but it did help me to see that I don't know anything.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Of course there is more to the story, the missing piece is whatever you want it to be so you don’t have to look at what’s so obviously staring you in the face.

I believe it’s occoms razor that said the simplest explanation is often wrong…/eye rolls

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Maybe, they thought and are still thinking they will be pardoned. I really don't know where they would get an idea like that. /s

Reactions: dank69

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Had it worked they’d be set. So hard to believe that they were able to round up some redpilled morons that were willing to gamble that sure thing?

Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Does there have to be more to Florida man stupid? I mean you can't possibly explain a level of stupid as not possibly existing by referencing a level of stupid that does. Sorry about that but I am used to subjecting my opinions to merciless scrutiny to the extent that I destroyed all the comforting delusions I used to believe, but it did help me to see that I don't know anything.
When it's a bunch of at least minimally educated people with cushy jobs across five states that stand to end up in jail, yeah, that's way beyond Florida man stupid.

"Lets all sign this paper that's going to get us fired and jailed with no possible benefit". I don't see it.