Republicans in MI and AZ sent forged certificates of ascertainment declaring Trump/Pence the winners after the election.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Maybe, but with almost zero evidence coming from republicans that actually knew what was planned (other than aides that overheard) I predict it’ll have no ‘real’ charges aimed at the architects.
You have no idea what the evidence the committee already has. It only helps to get confirmation.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Maybe, but with almost zero evidence coming from republicans that actually knew what was planned (other than aides that overheard) I predict it’ll have no ‘real’ charges aimed at the architects.
I think there is a pretty good chance the committee recommends charges against one or more people. I wouldn't bet the house on it, but I think the odds are well above 50%.

Liz Cheney is pretty clearly attempting to establish grounds to charge Trump or some of his associates. I guess we'll see if she gets there.

Reactions: hal2kilo

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I think there is a pretty good chance the committee recommends charges against one or more people. I wouldn't bet the house on it, but I think the odds are well above 50%.

Liz Cheney is pretty clearly attempting to establish grounds to charge Trump or some of his associates. I guess we'll see if she gets there.
I’ll be surprised if it happens, maybe some associates that no ones heard of.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You have no idea what the evidence the committee already has. It only helps to get confirmation.

I’m almost sure it’s ‘overheard’ conversations that will be denied by the principals, I hope I’m completely wrong.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I’ll be surprised if it happens, maybe some associates that no ones heard of.
If the committee were all Democrats I would agree with you, they just don't have the stomach for what needs to be done. I think Liz Cheney means business though.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It appears that this is all very cut and dried. The crimes are clear, perps are identified by their signatures, evidence is in the hands of the proper authority's. That no action has been taken leads me to believe that there is a piece story not being shared. Clearly something is preventing arrests from being made.

• Haha
Reactions: soundforbjt

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
It appears that this is all very cut and dried. The crimes are clear, perps are identified by their signatures, evidence is in the hands of the proper authority's. That no action has been taken leads me to believe that there is a piece story not being shared. Clearly something is preventing arrests from being made.

If it's so cut and dry, tell me what Trump and McCarthys role in this crime was.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If republicans were this brazen in trying to overturn an election it makes me wonder what else we haven’t found out yet. In the 2016 election trump asked Russia for help right out in the open and we know they obliged, trump also told people to vote twice, I wonder how many did? In fact the conspiracy theorist in me says these election recounts were done to cover their tracks. I have zero evidence of course but I also can’t fathom any government officials in a coordinated effort trying to overturn an election and yet here we are.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
If republicans were this brazen in trying to overturn an election it makes me wonder what else we haven’t found out yet.
Well lucky the orange monkey hires people just as incompetent as himself. There is unlikely anything that isn’t know from this corrupt administration. But if you get some just as corrupt and greedy but actually intelligent, better look out

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005

The way most investigations work, you turn the screw on the vice with the low totem guy's head in it. So either they go away for a long time, or start squealing.

IF, and I do mean IF, done right, two things happen.

1) They don't squeal. You put them away for a long, long time, so no one else tries it again.

2) They squeal. Put the ones in charge away for a long, long time, so no one else tries it again.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
If it's so cut and dry, tell me what Trump and McCarthys role in this crime was.
I have no idea. I'm simply responding to the information that's been presented in the attached articles. Based on those, they have the crimes, the perps, and the proof. Why have there been no arrests?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have no idea. I'm simply responding to the information that's been presented in the attached articles. Based on those, they have the crimes, the perps, and the proof. Why have there been no arrests?

Why indeed.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I believe the prevailing argument is that Garland doesn't want to further agitate the far right by actually, you know, holding them accountable. Appeasement is the word, I believe.

Just hand the keys to our new GOP overlords already. Drop the this silly pretense of "justice."

Well it almost worked for Chamberlain, so I'm sure it will work the next time.

:rolleyes:

Democrats continuously remind me of that line from Fight Club about "[distain*] for every endangered panda that wouldn't screw to save it's own species."

*Lightly edited to avoid a visit from SS

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
the SOS and AG of Michigan were on Maddow last night and confirmed they have referred the forged MI documents to the feds. they also left open the possibility of bringing state charges as well.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
here is one of the fake electors, a state senator from AZ dodging questions about this issue...

he also just so happens to be the state legislator who pushed through "election integrity" bills in AZ...

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Don't worry, Maddow is on top of this.
I especially loved watching her video footage of the fake electors showing up at the door, claiming to be electors, wanting entrance and the security guard telling them "the electors are already inside". And they persist, and the guard persists, and they are not allowed in.
But you know what????
Come November 2022 and 2024, they WILL be let in.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I especially loved watching her video footage of the fake electors showing up at the door, claiming to be electors, wanting entrance and the security guard telling them "the electors are already inside". And they persist, and the guard persists, and they are not allowed in.
But you know what????

The more that comes out about J6, the more floored I am that we dodged it.

They won't miss, next time.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
But you know what????

The irony of it all is that if the fake electors are let in and Manchin and Sinema were up for reelection (of which they're not) it would have guaranteed that both of them would be reelected.

And if there were any doubt that both of these supposed Democrats are true to the party they hail from, then those doubts have been proven for the fact that both of them are attracting donors that are solidly in the conservative corporate camp:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/21/us/politics/manchin-sinema-republican-donors.html

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
The more that comes out about J6, the more floored I am that we dodged it.

They won't miss, next time.

It’s actually surprising they did miss.

In 2000 the Brooks Brothers riot and SCOTUS came through…

In 2004 Swift Boating was enough (actually won the popular vote too)…

In 2008/2012 they let their guard down for the black guy and lost…then went full batshit

In 2016 social media engineering and foreign influence peddling was enough (nevermind the FBI playing favorites)

So yeah…not looking good for Biden or the presumptive Dem nominee in 2024.