Republicans in MI and AZ sent forged certificates of ascertainment declaring Trump/Pence the winners after the election.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
We're up to 7 states...

Total nothingburger /S.

People need to be in jail over this ASAP.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
And I see this thread's been completely ignored by our conservative members.....but they do manage to post in other outrage threads, like being outraged by wingdings.

"Edit: That NYC thing is more than a little troubling."

That's a comment about wingdings from one of our conservative supporters....yet nary a word in this thread. Concerned about wingdings and about this? Crickets.

Reactions: hal2kilo

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Why is this not on every single media outlet and being shouted from the rooftops?

If Hilary had done this, there would be militias pouring into every state capitol.

Reactions: pmv

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I wonder what those signees are thinking now that the Trump fever over authoring those fakes as part of Trump's real "steal the election from Biden" ploy has just about played itself out.

As pertaining to the signees in cases such as these I'd like to modify the terminology of pleading the fifth from "answering questions may incriminate me" to "answering questions will probably get my ass thrown in jail and repeatedly raped". It's much more understandable from the layman's point of view.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I wonder what those signees are thinking now that the Trump fever over authoring those fakes as part of Trump's real "steal the election from Biden" ploy has just about played itself out.

As pertaining to the signees in cases such as these I'd like to modify the terminology of pleading the fifth from "answering questions may incriminate me" to "answering questions will probably get my ass thrown in jail and repeatedly raped". It's much more understandable from the layman's point of view.

it should be noted, per Maddow, that some of the official Republican electors chose to not not sign these felonious documents. of course, that just further incriminates those that did sign them, and yes, all the signatories should be thrown in FMITA prison.

Feb 4, 2009
Anyone else thinking about this

1642075834220.jpeg

going to hold off any more comments until I hear more about what was going on.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
I suspect the argument is that if trump can forge his own documents his disciples will follow suit...one is sad and pathetic, the other a dangerous affront to our government.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't have any boys.

I do agree anyone that broke the law should be jailed as per the applicable laws.

That's good, but that does beg the question of how you could even vaguely support the Republican party as-is, even down to the local level. This is the party that is explicitly striving for the end of functional democracy, and not-so-secretly hopes for theocracy as well; rationally and morally, I would think you'd be obligate to oppose the GOP in absolutely everything until it actually respects the principles the US is based on.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I suspect the argument is that if trump can forge his own documents his disciples will follow suit...one is sad and pathetic, the other a dangerous affront to our government.

The forged electorate documents are all identical, so they came from the same source, and it isn't his disciples.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Forging official government documents. If heads do not roll, we are well and truly F'ed.
13 months later, 0 charges filed, will apparently take far more publicity and public outcry to get officials to pretend to care. Not like any of this was secret, they publicly filed them with national archives with their names and signatures, purporting to be electors. Blatant violations of both state and federal election law, but apparently 0 consequences as they are all rich and white.

The only "secret" part was how they were organized and colluded behind the scenes, as one of the key supporting rails for the insurrection. And those details on the conspiracy still haven't come out ...as no one has been bothered to even look into it, until recent congressional hearings highlighted this again.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Lock their asses up.

Hello, AG, DOJ, are you listening?! Where are you? Are we done giving out speeding tickets to the insurrectionists and getting serious yet?

I believe the prevailing argument is that Garland doesn't want to further agitate the far right by actually, you know, holding them accountable. Appeasement is the word, I believe.

Just hand the keys to our new GOP overlords already. Drop the this silly pretense of "justice."

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
13 months later, 0 charges filed, will apparently take far more publicity and public outcry to get officials to pretend to care. Not like any of this was secret, they publicly filed them with national archives with their names and signatures, purporting to be electors. Blatant violations of both state and federal election law, but apparently 0 consequences as they are all rich and white.

The only "secret" part was how they were organized and colluded behind the scenes, as one of the key supporting rails for the insurrection. And those details on the conspiracy still haven't come out ...as no one has been bothered to even look into it, until recent congressional hearings highlighted this again.

And whatever little progress the J6 committee made will be wiped out in a year with a GOP Congress.

Why even bother at this point?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And whatever little progress the J6 committee made will be wiped out in a year with a GOP Congress.

Why even bother at this point?
What on earth are you talking about? How would it be 'wiped out'? Do Republicans have access to a time machine?

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
What on earth are you talking about? How would it be 'wiped out'? Do Republicans have access to a time machine?

No, but they will be in charge of investigations.

You do realize the Dems are losing a lot of voters for this very reason (failure to bring any real accountability for J6). That and all the usual culture war stuff that they continue to fail controlling the narrative.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No, but they will be in charge of investigations.

The investigation will be done with before the midterms.

You do realize the Dems are losing a lot of voters for this very reason (failure to bring any real accountability for J6). That and all the usual culture war stuff that they continue to fail controlling the narrative.
I sincerely doubt that - do you have any polls to that effect? Americans SHOULD care about this a lot but I see little evidence they actually do.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The investigation will be done with before the midterms.
Maybe, but with almost zero evidence coming from republicans that actually knew what was planned (other than aides that overheard) I predict it’ll have no ‘real’ charges aimed at the architects.