Republicans "celebrate" over their victory.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
http://freakoutnation.com/2013/09/3...vernment-shutdown-its-exactly-what-we-wanted/

Michele Bachmann “very excited” about the government shutdown, “It’s exactly what we wanted”

What the hell is wrong with these freaks? They should be taken out and hanged at the nearest pole!

I'm sure their leader Boner is getting a big one for his part in this. These people really have a some screws lose. Don't forget to think about this when it's tome to vote again.

fixed

Last edited:

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Saying it's exactly what we wanted is a bit extreme. . .. having it be an acceptable consequence is one thing. . . but having it be your goal?

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
I prefer the original thread title.

Fern

Me too, it was very fitting. The Republicans have made it abundantly clear that when it comes to ensuring Americans have access to healthcare and a functional government, they don't give a fuck.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I would think only a terrorist would say things like this?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Saying it's exactly what we wanted is a bit extreme. . .. having it be an acceptable consequence is one thing. . . but having it be your goal?

You forgot the real goal which was to be electable in the party of the demented where each Tea Partier running has to be more insane than the other nut case he or she is running against. In an atmosphere where insanity is stoked and admired, it is very easy to forget you're just another pretending, self-promoting hack. Thus and so does mass psychosis grow. When you see the turds start to swirl you know the toilet is going to flush. The greater the fervor insanity creates, the greater the admiration by nut cases, but come time for the general election, the delusional fanatic won't turn out to be very popular. We are at the beginnings of saying good bye to the Tea Party experiment, the pent up wrath of the bigoted white man who has been played like a fiddle and sap. The person you hurt the most by being brain dead is yourself.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006

Yeah true; Michelle Bachman is just straight up nuts, I'm honestly surprised that anybody in their right mind would ever vote for her.

She further said, “It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it.”

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I like how the GOP has been trying to shift as much of the potential blame for a shut down on the Dems, the shut down happens, and then along comes Bachmann with a little help for the Democratic PR machine in 2016. Too funny. Starting to think that woman's issues are a little more severe than migraines.

Grats on having your very own Axis of Evil moment Michelle. Rachel Maddow is probably going to ride that like a sybian, and for a long time.

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah true; Michelle Bachman is just straight up nuts, I'm honestly surprised that anybody in their right mind would ever vote for her.

Didn't stop her from hanging out at the WWII Memorial today kissing veterans and blaming the entire shut down on the White House though... Seems quite contradictory.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If I recall she was in charge of the Tea Party caucus.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Me too, it was very fitting. The Republicans have made it abundantly clear that when it comes to ensuring Americans have access to healthcare and a functional government, they don't give a fuck.

Oh come on now, this is the compassionate conservative party, remember?

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013

Ever since Obama took office, this has been their goal. What's sad is many of these douches will get re-elected just because too many people are stupid vote along party lines regardless of their officials' actions.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
How about NASA... this is so stupid just raise the stupid debt limit.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
^Give massa, I mean NASA whatever he want! Massa need mo money!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Not to worry- Koch Industries will take care of everything. Honest. They and their billionaire pals really want to *be* the govt, functionally, which is why they finance Teahad to tear down the Government of the People.

Teahadis, including Bachmann, are just dupes, the American right wing equivalent of suicide bombers.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
If one democrat does something stupid, were told not to blame the group.

One republican does something stupid, all of a sudden its 'all republicans'.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I like how the GOP has been trying to shift as much of the potential blame for a shut down on the Dems, the shut down happens, and then along comes Bachmann with a little help for the Democratic PR machine in 2016. Too funny. Starting to think that woman's issues are a little more severe than migraines.

Grats on having your very own Axis of Evil moment Michelle. Rachel Maddow is probably going to ride that like a sybian, and for a long time.

The thing is that tea party republicans have been calling for and campaigning on a government shut down since 2010, this shut down should have been no surprise to anyone other than people who thought the other republicans wouldn't have allowed this (I'm one of those people).