Republicans: Can you admit your party was wrong in attacks on Obama about Bill Ayers?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I wonder who cybrsage will come back as once Romney gets the Republican nomination.

Any guesses on what the alias will be?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I wonder who cybrsage will come back as once Romney gets the Republican nomination.

Any guesses on what the alias will be?

I will just keep using my alt, zsdersw. The one I routienly use to act smug and pretend I am not supporting any party and therefor am better than everyone else.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
werepossum: Obama's association with Bill Ayers was primarily Ayers hosting a fund raiser for Obama. For purposes of this discussion, assume that "fund" means money, that "raiser" means an event to gather that money, and that "for Obama" means, um, that the money raised would be given to Obama for use in advancing his political career. I really don't know how to make that any more clear, but in Moonie-speak:

Obama had a bad case of self-hate. Bill Ayers was experienced in transferring self-hate to others, primarily policemen. So Obama prevailed upon Bill Ayers to gather unto him others who were experiencing self hate and alleviate their self-hate by alleviating some of their money, thereby raising their individual PDQs (progressive caring quotient) and incidentally distributing to them small fragments of hot dogs attractively arrayed on crackers. Bill Ayers then took that money, representing a lack of self worth, and gave it unto Obama, that Obama could see himself on the mass media and slickly produced fliers and brochures, and by doing so attain a Position of Power by which he could do good works and thereby erase his own self-hate.

Good times, self love and cocktail wieners were had by all. Well, all who can overlook that Bill Ayers once tried to kill policemen and destroy others' property because his self-hate centered on killing other people and breaking their things. But that's okay 'cause he's a swell guy who would only murder innocent people for a good cause.

You left out the most important part. The most important part of the quote is “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, Kill your parents. 'Cause it's for a good cause.”

I find this funny. Obama has a degree from Harvard as does Romney. Romney went into business and earned billions. Obama went into community organizing. What is the aim of each, not what would be your aim because you have already projected your understanding of a worthwhile aim onto Obama unconsciously, so I already understand that you are biased and believe that money is the only motivator of value. No, an ordinary mind, not one affected with the conservative brain defect, would say that a community organizer goes into community organizing because he wants to help community and a business man goes into business to earn money. An ordinary healthy mind can do this because it can see there is no money in community organizing and a lot of money is to be had on Wall Street.

Whatever bull shit you the intellect used by your brain defect to rationalize with is just that, bull shit.

When a person goes into community organizing or goes into business out of college tells you something about where their soul is. We see also folk that will go into pure research rather than industry because they would rather satisfy a passion other than making money.

The conservative brain defect is profoundly debilitating to thinking. I pointed out one simple fact to you and you start screaming Bill Ayres Bill Ayres Bill Ayres.

All this goes back to the fact that for you truth is in your stomach. You crapped in your diaper and had the crap shamed out of you and as an adult can only shout Bill Ayres, he's the one who crapped in his diaper. See him, see how he stinks. I smell good, I got potty trained. Mommy now loves me. And all good children hate Bill Ayers. We collect in mighty witch hunts to cull Bill Ayers from our herd of upstanding citizens, us white folk with all of the money.
Wow, talk about the irony of accusing others of brain defects! You specifically accuse me of shouting "Bill Ayres Bill Ayres Bill Ayres" without realizing that this is a proggie thread about Bill Ayres. What's more, you actually typed "Romney went into business and earned billions." Wow! You're officially disqualified from proggie heaven, as every good little progressive knows as an article of faith that money isn't earned. One never earns money, one is fortunate enough to win life's lottery.

Yes, Romney went into business and Obama went into community organizing and education. Conservatives are driven by money and family; progressives are driven by power and friends. People like Romney look for ways to earn money, doing things that society values and subsequently rewards. People like Obama look for ways to gain power, to force the producers to give up what they have earned in favor of what people like Obama would like to do, but haven't the drive or the skill to accomplish on their own.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Sorry, is following a logical train of thought really that difficult for you, or is this just another example of your compulsive dishonesty? Regardless of the thread title, MB 's comment had nothing to do with Ayers. It was about the direction taken by Obama compared to Romney, as has been explained to you in excruciating detail again and again. Unless you have the IQ of a potted plant, you cannot possibly not get this, yet you continue to desperately twist and spin and duhvert to avoid it. Personal accountability. Look it up.
Since Ayers, Obama and Romney are all multi-millionaires, do you really hate Romney just because he's more successful? 'Cause I'm guessing it's more because Romney made his money being productive. Obama makes a successful company less so, curtailing its growth to enrich the leeches, and he's your hero; Romney makes a failing company successful, restoring its growth and thereby saving and creating jobs, and he's your villain. Unless hating capitalism is your driving force, that makes zero sense.

It might make you feel better to remember that without productive people like Romney, people like Ayers and Obama would have nothing to seize and redistribute. We can't all be community organizers and mad bombers, somebody has to create wealth. If we were all like Ayers and Obama we might be highly indoctrinated and self-righteous and dangerous, but we'd also be naked and cold and very, very hungry.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Since Ayers, Obama and Romney are all multi-millionaires, do you really hate Romney just because he's more successful? 'Cause I'm guessing it's more because Romney made his money being productive. Obama makes a successful company less so, curtailing its growth to enrich the leeches, and he's your hero; Romney makes a failing company successful, restoring its growth and thereby saving and creating jobs, and he's your villain. Unless hating capitalism is your driving force, that makes zero sense.

It might make you feel better to remember that without productive people like Romney, people like Ayers and Obama would have nothing to seize and redistribute. We can't all be community organizers and mad bombers, somebody has to create wealth. If we were all like Ayers and Obama we might be highly indoctrinated and self-righteous and dangerous, but we'd also be naked and cold and very, very hungry.
I don't hate Romney at all, nor did I say anything to suggest otherwise, not in the least. Given that, the rest of your dissembling is meaningless.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
That's the post where it changed to about Obama's direction in life vs, Romney's that you just told me I was lying about. Facepalm a few more times and you might make a proper connection in there. I said YOU GUYS as in YOU and MOONBEAM. Moonbeam started it and you joined right in with him.
Nope, more spin to avoid accepting responsibility for your own misbehavior. It would be more valid to say YOU took it off on a tangent by making a dishonest attack, then repeatedly spinning and dancing and dodging to avoid accountability for your malfeasance. If instead you'd immediately replied, "My bad. You're right, I made an ignorant assumption about Obama's 'lecturer' position.", that would have ended it. But you are too partisan and too egotistical to admit error, so off the thread went.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Nope, more spin to avoid accepting responsibility for your own misbehavior. It would be more valid to say YOU took it off on a tangent by making a dishonest attack, then repeatedly spinning and dancing and dodging to avoid accountability for your malfeasance. If instead you'd immediately replied, "My bad. You're right, I made an ignorant assumption about Obama's 'lecturer' position.", that would have ended it. But you are too partisan and too egotistical to admit error, so off the thread went.

I thought you were done?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
werepossum: Wow, talk about the irony of accusing others of brain defects! You specifically accuse me of shouting "Bill Ayres Bill Ayres Bill Ayres" without realizing that this is a proggie thread about Bill Ayres.

M: Oh I did realize it all right, but after I posted it and even though I expected you would point that out to me I didn't go back to fix it because I am the Great and Wonderful Moonbeam, who can even be right in principle when I make a mistake. And although I have an enormous ego, much larger than others, in fact, mine is so great and secure, I can actually allow myself to make a mistake publicly.

w: What's more, you actually typed "Romney went into business and earned billions." Wow! You're officially disqualified from proggie heaven, as every good little progressive knows as an article of faith that money isn't earned. One never earns money, one is fortunate enough to win life's lottery.

M: Actually, that's not the mistake I was aware that I made. I am actually not sure that he earned billions. I think millions is more like it but I'm not sure. Again, I am personally so secure and self confident is my ignorance that it doesn't really matter to me. But as to being disqualified from proggie heaven, that can't happen to me, because proggie heaven is my conscious state. I am the Alpha and the Omega when it comes to Proggie Heaven.

w: Yes, Romney went into business and Obama went into community organizing and education. Conservatives are driven by money and family; progressives are driven by power and friends.

M: See, you know much more than me. All my wisdom comes from the fact that I know nothing. Of all the mountains of garbage that society and parents tried to shove down my throat, none of it stuck. I died to the whole fucking thing.

w: People like Romney look for ways to earn money, doing things that society values and subsequently rewards. People like Obama look for ways to gain power, to force the producers to give up what they have earned in favor of what people like Obama would like to do, but haven't the drive or the skill to accomplish on their own.

M: Ah, I see. Again, you know so much more than me. Now I know why Jesus had so much money.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are again projecting the contents of your own nose onto others. Please stop doing that, it only causes you to look silly.

You want me to feel silly because you are an ass and want me to suffer that too. You can't transfer your misery to others who see what you're doing and know how to think. You have made yourself comfortable being an ass because you see no alternative. It's a conservative brain defect. You chose to be a prick rather than a nobody, but it's basically the same thing. Remember, the bigger the asshole you are when you talk to me, the bigger the asshole you will see.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I guess you missed the FBI testimony of how Bill Ayers planned to murder, in concentration camps, the ~25 million Americans that would not accept communism after their revolution.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I guess you missed the FBI testimony of how Bill Ayers planned to murder, in concentration camps, the ~25 million Americans that would not accept communism after their revolution.
Doesn't matter to proggies. As long as you promise to murder the right 25 million Americans, you're golden with them, especially if you help raise money. The whole progressive movement is merely a realization that Ayers' goals will take a bit longer to accomplish.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004

Perhaps, but I'm sure I missed where anyone was defending Ayers. The point was that the ties between Obama and Ayers were never all that close to begin with and so the focus on him was a distraction from things that actually matter. For the moment, I'll grant you Mr/. Ayers is every bit the monster you want him to be. What does it have to do with Obama?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Doesn't matter to proggies. As long as you promise to murder the right 25 million Americans, you're golden with them, especially if you help raise money. The whole progressive movement is merely a realization that Ayers' goals will take a bit longer to accomplish.
That is so beneath you. Why do you dive to their level?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
That is so beneath you. Why do you dive to their level?
Because apparently the alternative is to defend those who want to murder 25 million Americans and enslave the rest to Marxism whenever it's politically necessary - or just politically expedient.

The Democrat Party has gone far past the point of asserting that its candidate can dive into the cesspool and come out smelling of flowers. Now you're claiming that if your candidate dives into the cesspool, it must not be a cesspool at all. Bill Ayers willingly formed a domestic terrorist organization that set bombs, destroyed American property, and killed people. He spoke of his desire to murder 25 million Americans to ease our transition into Marxism. Barack Obama chose to embrace this man, to have his first political event in this man's home. That is not acceptable. If you choose to defend this behavior, expect scorn from those who think that behavior such as Ayers forever disqualifies one from being acceptable company, let alone a suitable political associate.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I guess you missed the fact that paid informants will make shit up to curry favor with people who pay them...

Grothwohl's testimony has never been corroborated in whole or in part by anybody. To represent it as anything but highly suspect is foolish.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Republicans answered my question: No, they won't admit the Republican party was wrong in its attack. This discredits them once again, enemies of the truth.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

You don't really believe this shit, do you?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I will just keep using my alt, zsdersw. The one I routienly use to act smug and pretend I am not supporting any party and therefor am better than everyone else.

That's not possible; you cannot have two identical aliases active in the same forum at the same time.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Because apparently the alternative is to defend those who want to murder 25 million Americans and enslave the rest to Marxism whenever it's politically necessary - or just politically expedient.

The Democrat Party has gone far past the point of asserting that its candidate can dive into the cesspool and come out smelling of flowers. Now you're claiming that if your candidate dives into the cesspool, it must not be a cesspool at all. Bill Ayers willingly formed a domestic terrorist organization that set bombs, destroyed American property, and killed people. He spoke of his desire to murder 25 million Americans to ease our transition into Marxism. Barack Obama chose to embrace this man, to have his first political event in this man's home. That is not acceptable. If you choose to defend this behavior, expect scorn from those who think that behavior such as Ayers forever disqualifies one from being acceptable company, let alone a suitable political associate.
Sorry, I don't see the world in such simple-minded, black and white terms. There is a whole spectrum of possible positions between defending Ayers and declaring that "proggies" [sic] endorse a"promise to murder the right 25 million Americans". That's the same stupid "You're with us or you support the terrorists." hate-mongering GWB used to attack Americans who questioned him. It's dishonest, it's wrong, and it's a sleazeball tactic used by those who are too weak to support their positions with fact and reason.