Republicans: Can you admit your party was wrong in attacks on Obama about Bill Ayers?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Its not like Obama has authorized the execution of US citizens withot trial or jury, if deemed an enemy combatant. That would be Ayers type extremism that you wouldn't want a president to endorse...oh wait...

So now, radical policies to more aggressively kill terrorists, is being sympathetic to terrorists and having terrorist-friendly policies? You are very, very confused.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Re. Obama as "Lecturer" for 12 years: "Getting Millions on the Lecture Circuit is a HUGE difference from community service."

He then taught at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years—as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004—teaching constitutional law

Obama's net worth is over $10,000,000 He doesn't make that much as a Senator and I think the most he made off any of his books was $1.2 Million. If I am wrong then I apologize, but you missed the point. 3 Years as a trial Lawyer for ACORN is hardly a life of Community Service as Moonbeam was trying to convey.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Obama's net worth is over $10,000,000 He doesn't make that much as a Senator and I think the most he made off any of his books was $1.2 Million. If I am wrong then I apologize, but you missed the point. 3 Years as a trial Lawyer for ACORN is hardly a life of Community Service as Moonbeam was trying to convey.

Hehehehehe! Totally wrong again and to think I just corrected your mistake. I'm beginning to think you're going to be difficult to get through to.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Hehehehehe! Totally wrong again and to think I just corrected your mistake. I'm beginning to think you're going to be difficult to get through to.

Well I have 4 different websites that list him between 9 and 11 Million. I don't exactly have access to his bank accounts so maybe you can enlighten me?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
First, that income came AFTER his twelve years as a professor, after he'd been out of school 15 or more years. I already provided that data; as of his last year as a "lecturer", i.e., professor (2004), his net worth was only between $200K and $400K. Contrary to your assertion, he was not ""Getting Millions on the Lecture Circuit." You were clearly, factually wrong in your assertion.

Second, you continue making the same straw man argument about MB's comment. MB pointed out -- quite accurately -- that Obama and Romney chose very different paths out of school, with Romney pursuing wealth and Obama pursuing service to his community. That is, once again, a matter of fact, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. That Obama's path years later took him into politics and eventual wealth does not change by one iota the truth of MB's comment.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well I have 4 different websites that list him between 9 and 11 Million. I don't exactly have access to his bank accounts so maybe you can enlighten me?

According to Open Secrets, in 2004, Barack Obama was worth between $200,004 and $400,000 from the killing he made in community organizing. Almost all his income since that time is from his salary as President and three books he wrote. He also invests mostly in US treasuries. But it's not the amount of money you are wrong about. Very wrong, I might add.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
First, that income came AFTER his twelve years as a professor, after he'd been out of school 15 or more years. I already provided that data; as of his last year as a "lecturer", i.e., professor (2004), his net worth was only between $200K and $400K. Contrary to your assertion, he was not ""Getting Millions on the Lecture Circuit." You were clearly, factually wrong in your assertion.

Second, you continue making the same straw man argument about MB's comment. MB pointed out -- quite accurately -- that Obama and Romney chose very different paths out of school, with Romney pursuing wealth and Obama pursuing service to his community. That is, once again, a matter of fact, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. That Obama's path years later took him into politics and eventual wealth does not change by one iota the truth of MB's comment.

You are right. Very right, in fact. Especially about the stuff Matt got wrong.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

So your whole argument is that he made is money after 2004? Not how much he made but when he made it? Ok, fine. You win. Congratulations. You really got me there but I don’t give a rats ass what year he made it and I really don’t see what difference it make anyways. Would it have made a difference if I said he made his millions selling books as Senator then? The other point, I don’t think you are going to get many people to agree that becoming a Senator is exactly giving to the Community. He is serving his own self-interest just like the rest of our elected officials.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Matt1970: So your whole argument is that he made is money after 2004?

Mo: Completely wrong

Ma: Not how much he made but when he made it?

Mo: Just a fact relating to the real argument you can't follow.

Ma: Ok, fine. You win.

Mo: Of course he did. But it was never a contest. That's your brain defect talking. You can't see that you are not just wrong but that you don't get anything. Every supposition and notion you present to yourself is a product of your defective thinking and is completely wrong. You are not just wrong, or even out in left or right field, you are not even in the ball park itself.

Ma: Congratulations. You really got me there but I don’t give a rats ass what year he made it

Mo: There was never a contest or anything to give a rats ass about. You have no shame and can have no real pride. For you it's all about ego and if you can't win you have to pretend you never cared. You cared about winning we cared about facts.

Ma: and I really don’t see what difference it make anyways.

Mo: This is your reality. You do not see. You are totally blinded by your brain defect, what I have myself been telling you from the beginning. You don't see because you can't see and you don't even now see that you don't see even though you use those words.

Ma: Would it have made a difference if I said he made his millions selling books as Senator then?

Mo: See what I mean? Hehehehe, of course not, but it would not have made any difference because the time and the books are not the issue.

Ma: The other point, I don’t think you are going to get many people to agree that becoming a Senator is exactly giving to the Community.

Mo: That is a point only in the head of somebody with a brain defect that prevents actually points from appearing there. This is a projection of your inner blindness onto the world. I am blind so everybody else must be too. You cannot escape from the fact that you cannot see and invent a substitute reality. It does not matter how many people anybody who can see can convince. The truth is the truth, available to any who do not think defectively and to none who do.

Ma: He is serving his own self-interest just like the rest of our elected officials.

Mo: When the shit is in your own nose, everything smells like shit. You are a program, Mr. Smith, a delusion that multiplies your own image all over the place.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Listen carefully. The issue is Republicans claiming Obama would do something bad as President related to 'having terrorist sympathies' so you should not vote for him. Did he?

The Democrat's plan of hyper inflating the economy via unending stimulus could be considered a terrorist act when it takes a wheel barrow of cash to buy a loaf of bread. (They keep trying)

'Letting' the Arab Spring empower religious extremists across North Africa and the Middle East.

'Letting' Iran get nuclear weapons.

You don't get it do you? The Republicans view Obama's actions as bad for this country, bad is in bringing us down and uplifting our enemies abroad. He might as well BE Bill Ayers throwing bombs at this country, for as much credit as they give him.

Is that view accurate? Not really, but that's not relevant. They believe it's accurate.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Mo: When the shit is in your own nose, everything smells like shit.

Sounds like you are speaking from experience. I would ask how you physically got poop into your nose, but I suspect it is not something we want to read.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Matt1970: So your whole argument is that he made is money after 2004?

Mo: Completely wrong

Ma: Not how much he made but when he made it?

Mo: Just a fact relating to the real argument you can't follow.

Ma: Ok, fine. You win.

Mo: Of course he did. But it was never a contest. That's your brain defect talking. You can't see that you are not just wrong but that you don't get anything. Every supposition and notion you present to yourself is a product of your defective thinking and is completely wrong. You are not just wrong, or even out in left or right field, you are not even in the ball park itself.

Ma: Congratulations. You really got me there but I don’t give a rats ass what year he made it

Mo: There was never a contest or anything to give a rats ass about. You have no shame and can have no real pride. For you it's all about ego and if you can't win you have to pretend you never cared. You cared about winning we cared about facts.

Ma: and I really don’t see what difference it make anyways.

Mo: This is your reality. You do not see. You are totally blinded by your brain defect, what I have myself been telling you from the beginning. You don't see because you can't see and you don't even now see that you don't see even though you use those words.

Ma: Would it have made a difference if I said he made his millions selling books as Senator then?

Mo: See what I mean? Hehehehe, of course not, but it would not have made any difference because the time and the books are not the issue.

Ma: The other point, I don’t think you are going to get many people to agree that becoming a Senator is exactly giving to the Community.

Mo: That is a point only in the head of somebody with a brain defect that prevents actually points from appearing there. This is a projection of your inner blindness onto the world. I am blind so everybody else must be too. You cannot escape from the fact that you cannot see and invent a substitute reality. It does not matter how many people anybody who can see can convince. The truth is the truth, available to any who do not think defectively and to none who do.

Ma: He is serving his own self-interest just like the rest of our elected officials.

Mo: When the shit is in your own nose, everything smells like shit. You are a program, Mr. Smith, a delusion that multiplies your own image all over the place.

That's my Brain defect? The man made over $10 Million "Serving His Community" But you go right on praising the "One who can do no wrong"

You are just a political hack who thinks anyone with a differing opinion has a brain defect.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's my Brain defect? The man made over $10 Million "Serving His Community" But you go right on praising the "One who can do no wrong"

You are just a political hack who thinks anyone with a differing opinion has a brain defect.

And you're the guy saying that having a net worth accrued over a lifetime equal to 6 months of Mitt's income are the same thing...

Obviously, they're not, so you should quit pretending that they are.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
And you're the guy saying that having a net worth accrued over a lifetime equal to 6 months of Mitt's income are the same thing...

Obviously, they're not, so you should quit pretending that they are.

You don't aquire $10,000,000 serving the community. That's is serving yourself.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Hehe. You fancy the truth has a team that backs it like say the conservative party, or in my case that I'm on the untruth Obama team. But I made only one point, that Romney went for money and Obama for community work. How much either made is of no importance, how much one served is of no importance. Only the aim is different and the psychological implications. I said they went to the character of each man. Your only possible argument is to deny that aim does not indicate character. If the aim to go into the service of the community does not point to a more selfless ambition than going to Wall Street you can argue that point.

I made this one point. I believe it to be indicative of character. That Obama shows me a more altruistic character than Romney, does not make Obama a saint that can do no wrong. That is again how your brain defect works, that everything is black and white. Obama isn't my team. He represents, in my opinion, a better choice.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Hehe. You fancy the truth has a team that backs it like say the conservative party, or in my case that I'm on the untruth Obama team. But I made only one point, that Romney went for money and Obama for community work. How much either made is of no importance, how much one served is of no importance. Only the aim is different and the psychological implications. I said they went to the character of each man. Your only possible argument is to deny that aim does not indicate character. If the aim to go into the service of the community does not point to a more selfless ambition than going to Wall Street you can argue that point.

I made this one point. I believe it to be indicative of character. That Obama shows me a more altruistic character than Romney, does not make Obama a saint that can do no wrong. That is again how your brain defect works, that everything is black and white. Obama isn't my team. He represents, in my opinion, a better choice.

Well you can call me brain defective all you want but you are coming in defending a man that used a terrorist bomber to further his political career.