Republibots are you happy you got McConnell

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'd be happier with a different majority leader.

god willing, Harry Reid doesn't get voted in as minority leader, and in 2016 after Republicans lose the Senate again, we can have new leadership on both sides of the aisle... the Reid v McConnell fuckery is out of control.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Your views on this subject are only trumped in stupidity and ill informed mouth flapping by your views on Use of Force...and Net Neutrality...and race relations...wait...

TH could only aspire to be as idiotic.

The fact that you think Mitch McConnell could "get" anybody shows the desperation and depravity so inherent in your world view.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Please, for the love of whatever unholy deity you pray to, do not breed.

The Senate would be the one to bring charges and jail Obama, so yes main man Mitch could "get" Obama and I really hope he does.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The Senate would be the one to bring charges and jail Obama, so yes main man Mitch could "get" Obama and I really hope he does.

What charges will the turtle bring against Obama? Presidenting while black?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Treason, fast and furious, murdering American Citizens, etc. The list is quite long.
What did he do that was treasonous? Which American Citizens? The Muslim terrorists you hate so much? Fast and Furious? You mean the gunwalking program that started in 2006?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
it's amazing how bad people don't read to gain context, if you saw what we were talking about it's the way the incumbent system works that makes it so McConnell can't be taken out EVER.. Kentucky will never vote a democrat over McConnell.

Again,

what young repukelican stands a chance in Pelosi's district?
what young democrook stands a chance against McConnell

Those are JUST 2 examples of MANY strongholds that will never be changed and without term limits will never allow entry for younger candidates.

You are just a defeatist.... There were many incumbents that were defeated yesterday ( mostly dems ).

To me you sound like a bitter young chap whinning about the older generation. Don't like it? Work to change it.

Nov 25, 2013

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
as many have said happier with mcconnel than reid, but mcconnel is not the model conservative imo

Things'll be fine with McConnell. I wouldn't want Ted Cruz in the leadership position, that's for sure. Of the Republicans, McConnell is one of the more likely to work with Obama & Biden to get Dem support on legislation.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Again,

what young repukelican stands a chance in Pelosi's district?
what young democrook stands a chance against McConnell

Those are JUST 2 examples of MANY strongholds that will never be changed and without term limits will never allow entry for younger candidates.

That's where gerrymandering comes into play ;)

The Democrats have turned it into an art form in Illinois to replace incumbent Republican house members. It's quite simple how they do it. Take two incumbent Republicans who were previously in separate districts, and draw the new maps so that they now live within the same district! One Republican is guaranteed kicked out of congress, along with an open election without an incumbent for the Dems to compete for!

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
they wont have enough to end a filibuster and it takes 2/3 to override so no.
I believe the election will now free up Democrats to vote differently than they would have under the iron grip of Obama/Reid. The Senate under Reid basically was a non-entity. They served no purpose because Reid wouldn't let anything come to a vote that he viewed as having the potential to hurt Democrat Senators. That strategy, if you want to even call it that, backfired in a big way. Dem's had nothing to run on and it hurt them dearly. Those that survived will be anxious to show their worth to their constituents.

What remains to be seen is to what degree Dem's will ignore the threats and coercion of the Obama/Jarrett White House. I don't see Jarrett readily giving up on "the dream". The tightrope walk will be an interesting spectacle.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
You are just a defeatist.... There were many incumbents that were defeated yesterday ( mostly dems ).

To me you sound like a bitter young chap whinning about the older generation. Don't like it? Work to change it.
I am working to change it but it goes nowhere why?, BECAUSE the people who vote to adopt term limits, lowering congress and representative pay and laws stopping lobbyist favors are the very people who don't want any of that. All I can do is sign the petition and write letters to my reps which I do and vote independent which again I do.

What is next after that? Oh why bother you have nothing you can add.

You sound like someone who thinks the tide is changing back to his party.. well wrong, dems don't vote midterm, prepare for more tide shifts in 2 years and enjoy your Obamacare :p

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Maybe there will be a shift in 2016 and then again there could be a lame duck President in their first term due to dems not voting in the midterm.

You do realize those of us who work for self-insured employers are enjoying low premium, low deductible, low max out of pocket better than Obamacare healthcare plans.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I think term limits is a good enough start, we really just need to dump the dinosaurs that are in there, as Mai mentioned, after 30+ years they have just lost all touch with people.

The problem with Term Limits is the big money behind these "dinosaurs" just finds another suit to do their bidding; nothing changes but the faces.

Finance Reform, starting with the end of Citizens United and dark money FTW.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Maybe there will be a shift in 2016 and then again there could be a lame duck President in their first term due to dems not voting in the midterm.

You do realize those of us who work for self-insured employers are enjoying low premium, low deductible, low max out of pocket better than Obamacare healthcare plans.
Sounds great. My self-insured employer uses that loophole to not cover everything the state of CT mandates that they should cover.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's just adorable that some people think you can get money out of politics.

Uncle Sugar has a budget of trillions: Politics IS Money. You think you can get the money out of the money?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
It's just adorable that some people think you can get money out of politics.

Uncle Sugar has a budget of trillions: Politics IS Money. You think you can get the money out of the money?

You want to try that again in English? LoL! You should probably stick with your one line zingers. Anything longer and your prose descends into unintelligible gibberish.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
The historic elections of 2014 never really happened says the liberal. This is freaking hilarious!

Hi Spidey, nice to see you back. Bober was taking up the slack for you during your absence. Unfortunately, he is nowhere near as entertaining as you.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The historic elections of 2014 never really happened says the liberal. This is freaking hilarious!

every election is historic. Just like 2006, and 98, and on and on. Same thing over and over.

Funny thing is how while dems got replaced this week, referendum and policy voting across the country seems to have favored the standard progressive agenda often supported by the dems and Obama.

So...it's basically an election of "We don't like what Congress is doing--which is nothing--but we like what the dems want to do." The president is always blamed, and that's fine, but it's interesting to see general support of his policies when you don't link those policies to a named candidate. :hmm:

I think you're right, spidey: Obama's real crime is being black, or "a skittle" as you like to call him.