Republibots are you happy you got McConnell

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Looks like he may be running things real soon for the Senate. Are you happy with that?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Not a repub, I'm not happy with him but IMO just about anybody else is a huge improvement over Harry Reid. I dislike that guy in just about every way possible.

Fern

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
tumblr_msc8ie3zRR1riz38qo1_400.jpg

doubledeluxe

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2014
The question is really simple: Can he lead the Senate and pass legislation that is in the best interest of most Americans?

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I just want to know how many damn licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop!!

deadringersturtlemcconnell.jpg

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
loggerhead-turtle_2141792b.jpg

look at how young and energetic he is.

he really does have the right stuff to really make an impact on today's youth.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Couldn't happen to a nicer party. :)

Although, I'm not sure I like what it says about America when a guy with that kind of record and that set of priorities gets re-elected.

The turtle who filibusters his own bill won! Wooooooooo!!!!

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Ted Cruz has vowed to make life miserable for Mcconnell.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/03/politics/ted-cruz-harry-reid/index.html

If he does make life miserable for Mcconnell, this could play right into the Democrats hands.

The next two years are going to be interesting.

Cruz, a Republican senator from Texas who's eying a 2016 presidential bid, all but promised to raise hell next year should his party control the Senate.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
loggerhead-turtle_2141792b.jpg

look at how young and energetic he is.

he really does have the right stuff to really make an impact on today's youth.

I know you're being sarcastic. The truth is Congress today is old as dirt. They don't represent today's multicultural population.

Sorry but this is not the 1950s.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I know you're being sarcastic. The truth is Congress today is old as dirt. They don't represent today's multicultural population.

Sorry but this is not the 1950s.
I simply don't understand why we continue to allow these old fvcks to run this country anymore. They are on their way off the planet anyway it's like a control freak issue or something for them.

Get out of our way, thanks for leaving us a steaming pile of dung, please just move along.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Ted Cruz has vowed to make life miserable for Mcconnell.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/03/politics/ted-cruz-harry-reid/index.html

If he does make life miserable for Mcconnell, this could play right into the Democrats hands.

The next two years are going to be interesting.

I predict Cruz's antics will be nothing more than fodder for Newspaper headlines and political pundits to talk about on TV. The Dems are going to filibuster the shizz out of just about everything.

Same shit sandwich, just chomping at it from a different end.

Fern

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I simply don't understand why we continue to allow these old fvcks to run this country anymore. They are on their way off the planet anyway it's like a control freak issue or something for them.

Get out of our way, thanks for leaving us a steaming pile of dung, please just move along.

What I don't understand is how can we have someone in Congress for 40, 50, or even 60 years. What the hell does a 90 years old know what young face today? It's ridiculous.

The only reason they are in office is because of the special interest groups they represent.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
What I don't understand is how can we have someone in Congress for 40, 50, or even 60 years. What the hell does a 90 years old know what young people currently face? It's ridiculous.

It gets to the point that they have stop contributing, and the only reason they are in office is because of the special interest groups they represent.
Yep and if a term limit bill is brought up the people who vote on it are the people who don't want it to go through. This is where a representative government falls on it's face

doubledeluxe

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2014
Have any of you ever tried to run for office? Something as simple as the school board?

IT'S EXPENSIVE!

Without real campaign finance reform how do you propose running successful 30-40 year olds against these old farts who have tons of corporate money in their pocket?

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Have any of you ever tried to run for office? Something as simple as the school board?

IT'S EXPENSIVE!

Without real campaign finance reform how do you propose running successful 30-40 year olds against these old farts who have tons of corporate money in their pocket?
I think term limits is a good enough start, we really just need to dump the dinosaurs that are in there, as Mai mentioned, after 30+ years they have just lost all touch with people.