Report on Iraq WMD shelved as no evidence found by US-UK team

minibush1

Sep 14, 2003
Report on Iraq WMD shelved as no evidence found by US-UK team

London,Sunday, September 14, 2003: After failing to get any evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the US and Britain have decided to delay indefinitely the publication of a full report on the controversial issue, media reported today.

Efforts by the Iraq Survey Group, an Anglo-American team of 1,400 scientists, military and intelligence experts, to scour Iraq for the past four months to uncover evidence of chemical or biological weapons have so far ended in failure, 'The Sunday Times' claimed in its report.
It had been expected that a progress report would be published tomorrow but MPs on the British Parliament's security and intelligence committee have been told that even this has been delayed and no new date set.
British defence intelligence sources have confirmed that the final report, which is to be submitted by David Kay, the survey group's leader, to George Tenet, head of the CIA, had been delayed and may not necessarily even be published, the paper said.
In July, Kay suggested on US television that he had seen enough evidence to convince himself that ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had had a programme to produce weapons of mass destruction.
He expected to find "strong" evidence of missile delivery systems and "probably" evidence of biological weapons.
But last week British officials said they believed Kay had been "kite-flying" and that no hard evidence had been uncovered.
The hunt for weapons is seen in London and Washington as a vital step in convincing an increasingly sceptical public that the war was justified.
(PTI)
15:40 IST

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
"After failing to get any evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the US and Britain have decided to delay indefinitely the publication until they find some weapons of mass destruction to report."

edit: actually, i was reading in off-topic that pipebombs are now considered wmd. while OT may be about a valid a news source as a bottle of hennessy, if true its just a matter of time before something that is considered a wmd shows up.

here

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
To not release such a Report should be criminal. It would sink them all and they know it!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Hmmm, maybe they can "find" a cache of mexican fireworks in a camel's ass and call it WMDs.

Even Stewie knows better...

ON THE IRAQ WAR: "For God's sake, Mr. Bush, if you're going to lie to the entire country, at least make it sound plausible. I mean, Iraq with weapons of mass destruction? It's practically a third world country, you imbecile! They're lucky if they can make Shrinky Dinks! Now, if you'd really wanted to get this nation of piddling morons on your side, you should've told them Saddam Hussein is actually just Gallagher in a beret."

:p

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Hmmm, maybe they can "find" a cache of mexican fireworks in a camel's ass and call it WMDs.

Even Stewie knows better...

ON THE IRAQ WAR: "For God's sake, Mr. Bush, if you're going to lie to the entire country, at least make it sound plausible. I mean, Iraq with weapons of mass destruction? It's practically a third world country, you imbecile! They're lucky if they can make Shrinky Dinks! Now, if you'd really wanted to get this nation of piddling morons on your side, you should've told them Saddam Hussein is actually just Gallagher in a beret."

:p

Sorry, but I'm ROTFLMAO on that one! :Q:D:Q:D

Weapons of Ass Destruction (WAD for short) :Q!!!!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
But, but we know they are there! Bush told us!

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ***

No, that's majesty.

"He wouldn't know majesty if it bit him in the face"

Someone here knows where that's from :D

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
I can't find this being reported anywhere else. Can anyone?

I found THIS on the net - so the article is OBVIOUSLY true;):p

I'm still in the "just you wait" corner of this.

CkG

Frankly I have been expecting something. My original objection to the war was on different grounds, but when the much pushed WMD justification went up in smoke, I was like WTF? Eventually someone will find SOMETHING, if it is an old mustard gas canister from WWI

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

No, that's majesty.

TROGDOR! Or, more accurately, Strongbad.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Orsorum

No, that's majesty.

TROGDOR! Or, more accurately, Strongbad.

YOU DA MAN!

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Damn this is sad. The world's sole superpower lacks credibility. To add insult to injury, Bush actions (or inaction as it may be) in Liberia indicates we lack a moral compass as well.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
To not release such a Report should be criminal. It would sink them all and they know it!
EXACTLY. My God, we knew this was coming, yet Bush and you nationalists still hang on to this witch hunt as justification for the sham of an invasion. Here we killed upwards of 20,000 iraqis (both soldiers & civilians) and hundreds of american troops over what? failed intelligence and supersized egomania in the bush regime.

Bush, his family, Cheney & his family, and all the companies they are affiliated with should be FORCED to personally foot the bill (and reimbuse the united states government & its taxpaers) for this travesty. At the VERY least.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

CkG

Heh, you sure didn't wait when the WMD was claimed to be found left and right.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: rchiu

CkG

Heh, you sure didn't wait when the WMD was claimed to be found left and right.

I don't think you understood what I just said;) I didn't say that I'm in the "lets just wait" corner;) I said - i'm still in the "just you wait" corner - like as in - I have my "I told you so" speech all lined up;)
It doesn't matter much though - since some of you here wouldn't believe Saddam had WMDs(programs, research, weapons) anyway
rolleye.gif

CkG

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
It doesn't matter much though - since some of you here wouldn't believe Saddam had WMDs(programs, research, weapons) anyway
I consider myself part of the intellectual elite (or Olympians as Rober Bork bellows) and I opposed the war on Bush terms. Yet I fully expected to find a lot of WMD in Iraq. I did not believe Bush, Cheney, Rummy, or Wolfie . . . but once Blair was convinced . . . I started to waver. Colin pushed me over the edge. I still did not endorse the war but the call to action certainly required more than what the French were offering.

I typically decry the dichotomies but I firmly believe 1) our intelligence sux or 2) this war was about an agenda NOT US security from Iraqi WMD. The administration has essentially acknowledged #1 . . . granted they often use the terminology of "imperfect intelligence". But in retrospect the bravado/belligerence directed at Iran and Syria after the war gives me pause. I find it far less likely that these two nations were encouraging Iraqi leaders to flee with their WMD booty . . . and much more likely that Bushies had taken the US war machine for a real ride. After which the intoxicating power led them to believe anything and everything was theirs for the taking.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Where are all those guys that used to say "Give them time! They will find them. Iraq is as big as California for gosh sakes!"

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: zephyrprime
Where are all those guys that used to say "Give them time! They will find them. Iraq is as big as California for gosh sakes!"

They're the same people that are now saying "Clinton lied about WMDs too!". ;)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

If they're still looking, then the search isn't over - why draw a conclusion before the search is over? Seems to me if you're all that confident then you shouldn't have a problem waiting for the official word.

My money's still on it all being just across the border in Syria. As weasely as Bush is, I'd still trust him sooner than I would Saddam (now if it were Asscroft.....hrmmmm) I'm not about to forget the original burden of proof being on Saddam just because our guys over there haven't discovered any WMD...while acting as police...and restoring the infrastrucure...and fighting remnant Saddam loyalists... and attempting to establish a new government...

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: kage69

If they're still looking, then the search isn't over - why draw a conclusion before the search is over? Seems to me if you're all that confident then you shouldn't have a problem waiting for the official word.

My money's still on it all being just across the border in Syria. As weasely as Bush is, I'd still trust him sooner than I would Saddam (now if it were Asscroft.....hrmmmm) I'm not about to forget the original burden of proof being on Saddam just because our guys over there haven't discovered any WMD...while acting as police...and restoring the infrastrucure...and fighting remnant Saddam loyalists... and attempting to establish a new government...

Yes and we will conveniently have to wait until the world forgets about this. This 'waiting game' is a farce to keep oppostion at bay. And the sad part is the administration can get away with stuff like this. What can we do now, oppose going to war with Iraq? Oops too late.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: kage69

Why did the Bush administration draw a conclution befor the UN inspections were over?

Now that they rushed in all the other problems you mention are of their own making.

And I just have to add:

WE TOLD YOU SO!

I edit to ask

Does anyone else find it odd our "liberal" media here in the US didn't pick up this story?