Discussion Replica BB Guns

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
So I find this over at Pyramydair Gun Mall a BB replica of the M1 Carbine:
Video:
Also found a Ruger 10/22 and video:

Neat!!! I want both! :D :D :D Now only if I had a spot to plink with these. Would be better if these shot pellets instead as they are better suited for indoor shooting.:(

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
A few more:
I always wanted a Makarov Pistol and the Crosman revolvers can shoot both BBs and Pellets.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
A couple of years ago I purchased this:

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Tanfoglio_Witness_1911_CO2_BB_Pistol_Kit/3322

It provided a great way to draw and fire in your backyard. No drive time to the range. Inexpensive to shoot. Enjoyed it a lot.

Unfortunately, it began to malfunction. A plastic part which fed the bb's wore out after perhaps 500 to 1,000 rounds.

I called them to see if they had another model without this fault in the design. All they could do was offer to accept the return. I rarely return items, but I thought I would just start over and look for another.

I have done a good bit of looking for a replacement, and really have not found other folks experiencing the same problem. Still haven't pulled the trigger though.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
A couple of years ago I purchased this:

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Tanfoglio_Witness_1911_CO2_BB_Pistol_Kit/3322

It provided a great way to draw and fire in your backyard. No drive time to the range. Inexpensive to shoot. Enjoyed it a lot.

Unfortunately, it began to malfunction. A plastic part which fed the bb's wore out after perhaps 500 to 1,000 rounds.

I called them to see if they had another model without this fault in the design. All they could do was offer to accept the return. I rarely return items, but I thought I would just start over and look for another.

I have done a good bit of looking for a replacement, and really have not found other folks experiencing the same problem. Still haven't pulled the trigger though.
Ive heard about that problem on that model of BB 1911 and I have wondered why in Hell did they made that part out of plastic in the first place. :rolleyes: Or why didn't they fixed the problem ASAP after buyers complained about the problem:rolleyes:? For $140 the gun should have been entirely metal.:rolleyes:

I was considering buying one, but after reading customer reviews of the item I changed my mind.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I never liked the idea of co2 guns. Adds another expense and waste, though I suppose the empties are recyclable. I like single shot spring piston rifles. Hard to beat the power they produce.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I never liked the idea of co2 guns. Adds another expense and waste, though I suppose the empties are recyclable. I like single shot spring piston rifles. Hard to beat the power they produce.
Yeah but most of them don't have magazines. On top of that many folks don't have the strength to cock those those types of air guns anyway. For me for an example does not. But I hear you on the extra expense.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006

I thought the same about CO2, but it turned out the cost per round was pretty low. Convenient also. Still have some lying around.

I own a 25 cal springer and the power is definitely there, but it has been super frustrating. I found mastering the artillery hold to be challenging to say the least. After some research, and shooting one, I am absolutely convinced a PCP would have been the way to go. At least for me.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I own a 25 cal springer and the power is definitely there, but it has been super frustrating. I found mastering the artillery hold to be challenging to say the least. After some research, and shooting one, I am absolutely convinced a PCP would have been the way to go. At least for me.
I would very much like to own a PCP but fuck the expense. :eek: Not do you do you only so have the cost of the weapon, but also the added expenses of the accessories as well.:rolleyes: You can very easily spent @1000's of dollars by the time you brought everything you need.:(

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
PCP's are a level up from springers, and you most likely will spend more, but not necessarily thousands of dollars.

From first hand experience, comparing my springer and my buddy's PCP the difference was well worth it. It was more, but not that much more.

It's just personal opinion about what you expect from a rifle.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Now only if I had a spot to plink with these. Would be better if these shot pellets instead as they are better suited for indoor shooting.:(

Careful, in my area its about 50/50 having a municipal law against shooting these out doors. Can most guns fire pellets? If you can get to the chamber you should be able to single shot load most likely. Just the mags are much easier with BBs.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Careful, in my area its about 50/50 having a municipal law against shooting these out doors. Can most guns fire pellets? If you can get to the chamber you should be able to single shot load most likely. Just the mags are much easier with BBs.
A lot of BB guns can not use pellets at all. Maybe I could use lead BBs...
Or these which maybe be better:

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Releasing clones of famous firearms in .22 or pellet calibers is a big trend over the last 10 years.
I want this .22 cal STG-44. (Might be one of these in 9mm on the market by now)

gsg22stg4.jpg

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Releasing clones of famous firearms in .22 or pellet calibers is a big trend over the last 10 years.
I want this .22 cal STG-44. (Might be one of these in 9mm on the market by now)

gsg22stg4.jpg
There some replicas of the STG-44 that are chambered in 8mmx33. One of them is made in Texas. Someone, somewhere is manufacturing 8x33 ammo for them as well.

Reactions: FeuerFrei

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
81QM2EgciaL._SY606_.jpg

A real cowboy rides the range with one of these. I bought mine at a Walmart in West Plains, MO back in 1993. Wouldn't be caught dead without it. Many a Black Bart met a swift demise when he found himself on the wrong end of this blue-steeled beauty. It's guarding my bedroom closet as we speak type.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I had a Red Ryder. You could see the bb arc from the barrel, and fall on the ground :^D

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
The specs show 350 fps which is actually on the high end, for what it is.

Newfangle9

Sep 23, 2012
A lot of BB guns can not use pellets at all. Maybe I could use lead BBs...
Or these which maybe be better:

I think those are both a great idea. I shot BB guns as kid and they can ricochet like crazy compared to lead. Don't remember the lead ones being available then. Being lead they would hit a bit harder too if the BB gun had enough power to push them.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
View attachment 12163

A real cowboy rides the range with one of these. I bought mine at a Walmart in West Plains, MO back in 1993. Wouldn't be caught dead without it. Many a Black Bart met a swift demise when he found himself on the wrong end of this blue-steeled beauty. It's guarding my bedroom closet as we speak type.
I had a Red Ryder. You could see the bb arc from the barrel, and fall on the ground :^D
What lxs said. Bought my son one about 10 years ago. What a piece of shit they've become. My 40 year old crossman is still accurate. 300fps, iirc. 350fps+ weren't allowed in our bb gun wars. All OSHA and shit, we were. :p

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Nice. Wont ship to NYC tho. Its weird. I cannot get a BB gun/rifle but I can get a professional crossbow shipped to NYC. Go figure.