Rep. Jimmy Gomez to Introduce Resolution to Expel Marjorie Taylor Greene From Congress

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
The Republicans have figured it out: they use gerrymandering.

It's not just an excuse, look at elections in places like Wisconsin. I don't remember the exact statistics but Democrats won something like 60% of votes cast statewide in their state legislative elections and that resulted in them winning something like 25% of the avaliable seats. Why? Because the borders are BS! A Democrat won the statewide election for governor but found his powers stripped ed from him by legislators representing a minority of the population acting in bad faith! Policies don't matter in the face of such shenanigans.

OK. If the shenanigans work for the GOP shouldn't they also work for the democrats then? If it works then do it!
In fact they do, just not as well.. Republicans should have something like 3 representatives from MD, out of 8. But they have 1. Look up MD 3rd district.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
Considering she thinks the people that openly talked about murdering some of them are true patriots, gee, I don't know why the hell would they maybe want her out of there?

Yes, because that worked so well with Turmp, and McConnell, and all the other batshit crazy Republicans.

Yes they disagree about who should and shouldn't be murdered, but we can't let such petty differences of opinion stifle democracy..

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Sorry foreign national gaurd.
again get your facts straight! It was not foreign national guard at all!
Again Guam is a territory of the United States! The national Guard of Guam is treated the same and considered to be under the same umbrella as the Notional Guards from any of the staes that make of the United States!
The national Guard of Guam answers to the United Staes defense department!
Again, I know your trying real hard to understand, but please get your facts straight!
One last time -- Guam is a territory of the United States! As Such Guam has duly elected official representative in the House of Representatives!
The national guard of Guam is not considered to be foreign!
The National Guard of Guam answers to the US Defense Department!

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Still. Like it or not, that's how the process work, how this "democracy" is set up. As decided by the people. If they didn't want gerrymandering they wouldn't have elected people who do that.. I don't like it, but excuses don't help.
And yet the process also allows for her to be removed from congress. So why is that not democratic and yet gerrymandering is?

You seem to be arguing that we should move towards a more corrupt democracy in the name of saving democracy.

Reactions: iRONic

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Again Guam is a territory of the United States! The national Guard of Guam is treated the same and considered to be under the same umbrella as the Notional Guards from any of the staes that make of the United States!
Again, I know your trying real hard to understand, but please get your facts straight!
One last time -- Guam is a territory of the United States! As Such Guam has duly elected official representative in the House of Representatives!
Can you run through that one more time? I missed it the first time.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

Please see one post above the one you posted.

Yes i was being sarcastic... I know Guam is part of the USA.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
But wait ... I thought she testified that she had learned her lesson and turned over a new leaf?

She didn't get to all of them yet
eydpzvefewzhrhnfnuvw.jpg

Nov 17, 2019
We no longer have to wonder if she's into White Supremacy .....

"GOP Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar create 'America First Caucus' that emphasizes 'Anglo-Saxon political traditions'

Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is under a federal sex-trafficking investigation, also announced he'll be joining the caucus."

She's screaming out loud that she is.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

"GOP Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar create 'America First Caucus' that emphasizes 'Anglo-Saxon political traditions'

Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is under a federal sex-trafficking investigation, also announced he'll be joining the caucus."

Hope she's the first to volunteer for the Celtic sacrifice.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

They should just swear Fealty to the Queen and be done with it.....especially now since she'll be joining her Hubby soon.

Feb 4, 2009
She also voted against the National Bone Marrow list thingy. Only two people voted against funding her and another R saying too much money and stuff.
The registry is to make it easier to match bone marrow donors and patients.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: skyking and Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I wonder if she realizes that the UK hasn’t been governed by Anglo Saxon political traditions since 1066.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
There is no law against a moron running for office, and no law against voting for a moron running for office. The last four years gave us a taste of what that can look like. Hopefully this trend will be short lived. Just some historical fluke like so many others throughout American history. I kinda thought that a pandemic would being America together, obviously not the case, so I'm guessing it will take something even worse. Much worse.

Nov 17, 2019
That didn't take long, but will it accomplish anything?

Reactions: zinfamous

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002