Removing "DX" emblem off my Civic - advice? *Added after pic*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: paruhd0x
Originally posted by: LeRocks
Nice ding in the side :D

Yeah... I bought it like that :frown:, but I got a dang good deal imo for it.

if there is no break in the clearcoat/paint, you can get that fixed for about 50 dollars. Look into "paintless dent removal."

Like what everyone else said, fishing string. You might need some goo gone.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
do you really think anybody is going to notice, or care if they do notice? 5 bucks says at least as many people will think NEGATIVELY About it than people will think postively. just leave the car. or change the car itself..?

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: OS
Originally posted by: LeRocks
Nice ding in the side :D

Yeah... I bought it like that :frown:, but I got a dang good deal imo for it.

if there is no break in the clearcoat/paint, you can get that fixed for about 50 dollars. Look into "paintless dent removal."

Like what everyone else said, fishing string. You might need some goo gone.

Actually everyone else said dental floss, but thanks for playing and better luck next time.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Funny thing is I see people take off there 323 318 badges as being the poor man's bimmer or a 735 replaced to a 740-750 and I have seen a 320SL rebadged as a 600SL which looked very convincing. So it is not just just civic drivers that want to take their badges off :)

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: EXman
Funny thing is I see people take off there 323 318 badges as being the poor man's bimmer or a 735 replaced to a 740-750 and I have seen a 320SL rebadged as a 600SL which looked very convincing. So it is not just just civic drivers that want to take their badges off :)
Badges? Civics don't need no steenkin' badges!

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
God, can nobody here to a proper movie quote? ;)

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Oh man, Cyberian beat me to it by one minute. :D

KrustyVT

Jun 28, 2000
Forget vtech stickers, just use your key to engrave VEE-TEK on the side - or do it in duct tape.

Then you'll be really cool.

Oh, and I almost forgot, your car will go faster.

-=K=-

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
If I'm not mistaken, DX is the lowest model of the Civic line... for the 97's, so I decided I didn't want to advertise it :p

Dude, you're black door handles and steel wheels clearly designate which model your Civic is.

paruhd0x

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Thanks for the help :D

I added an after pic for anyone that wants to see :) I'm happy with the change.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
leave it be, u might damage the paint and thats expensive.

being a civic owner i can tell a civics trim without looking at the emblem most of the time. no point trying to hide it and thus draw more attention to your cars trim:p

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
wow you are awesome! you actually own a Civic without a 'whale vagina' muffler! excellent, i was beginning to think they installed those fart pipes in the factory.

yah for you!

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
yeah, if you wanna trick people into thinking you have a higher model civic, follow the instructions previously mentioned. btw, if you wanna go for the mack-daddy, the EX-model, take a hammer to your roof, throw some saran wrap over the whole, and people will think you have a moonroof/sunroof. :D

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: rbloedow
If I'm not mistaken, DX is the lowest model of the Civic line... for the 97's, so I decided I didn't want to advertise it :p

Dude, you're black door handles and steel wheels clearly designate which model your Civic is.
I have a '97 Civic EX and it has black door handles and and steel wheels.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus
wow you are awesome! you actually own a Civic without a 'whale vagina' muffler! excellent, i was beginning to think they installed those fart pipes in the factory.

yah for you!

Ummm.. he's not that special...