Removing "DX" emblem off my Civic - advice? *Added after pic*

paruhd0x

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
I have a Honda Civic, and I have decided I want to remove the "DX" emblem off of the back of my car. Has anyone that has done this have any advice on how to do it the right way? I'm not sure if there is a hole underneath with a bolt holding it on or if it is just glued on? Will I need to buy some touch up paint and if so, will I need some sort of coat to put over the touch up paint? Looking for all the information I can get.

Oh and before you ask... here's a pic. :cool:

Thanks in advanced!

Edit:

Here's the pic of it after they are removed. I think it looks a lot cleaner, I like them off. I'm happy :D, thanks for the help!

After picture

paruhd0x

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
If I'm not mistaken, DX is the lowest model of the Civic line... for the 97's, so I decided I didn't want to advertise it :p

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: zippy
I have no clue, but why do you want to?

Because people may think he has a higher model civic than he does if he removes the emblem

or

Because he can

or

Because he thinks it somehow improves the appearance of his car. <-- only likely if you remove all badging

I nominate #2

Edit: #1, are you serious? It's a freakin' civic!!! People look at all civics and think "econobox". Removing the DX will not change their minds.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
I have no clue, but why do you want to?

I guess he wants it to look like an EX or something ... or possibly put an SI sticker. LoL..

you better change the headrest, rims, and put on the under spoiler on that.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: paruhd0x
If I'm not mistaken, DX is the lowest model of the Civic line... for the 97's, so I decided I didn't want to advertise it :p

Just leave it on man.

People who actually know what the DX designates, will know what car it is anyways. By taking it off, thats makes it lame.

Mayhem1869

Dec 29, 2000
yeah, if i had a piece of crap dx i would want them emblem off of it too.
i think it is just stuck on with double-sided adhesive. i always just get my fingernail
under the edge and pull it off, then use adhesive remover to get sticky foam stuff off.

jaybert

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2001
no, hairdryer + dental floss.

but of course, if you live in texas or arizona, etc, just do it around 3 or 4pm and you wont even need the hairdryer. Just be careful when you do it. There will probably be some residue remaining when you get it off so your best bet would to get some goo gone and use that to take it off.

Word of advice though, the paint underneath the badge WILL almost for a fact be a different shade of whatever color car it is you had. This is just because the rest of your paint has been subjected to the weather/sun/etc for the last 6 years while the underneath has not. It might look funny, you'll still have a DX, cept it'll be engrained in the paint this time :)

paruhd0x

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Jugernot
Why not remove the "Civic" too? I personally think it would look better without it.

I agree fully, it shall be next! *Evily laughs with the hair dryer sounding in the background*

Rotfl :p

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: paruhd0x
Originally posted by: isekii

you better change the headrest, rims, and put on the under spoiler on that.

Suggestions with links would be muchly appreciated! :D

Go on ebay

search SI Wheels , search for Si Sticker, and then Headrest you can prolly get one off a CR-V or something.

What most people who convert their Civic EX is forget that the Si has a different headrest. They're real dumbasses when only changing the exterior and not noticing the headrests are different.

paruhd0x

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Shantanu
News flash: No one gives a sh|t about your 1980's Civic.

If your going to crap on my thread at least do it correctly. Its a '97 civic, smart guy. :)

paruhd0x

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Out of curiousity, how would I go about putting a badge ON my car? In case I change my mind after I remove it =p

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Shantanu
News flash: No one gives a sh|t about your 1980's Civic.

All he did was ask a question. What the fvck do you think off-topic is for?

If you have nothing nice to say stay out of the thread, simple as that.