Remington Arms Insurers Offers $33M Settlement To Sandy Hook Families

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Who said anything about a 1/4 mile? Yeah some shitty 180hp 4cyl will probably take two miles to hit 140, but they likely can.

Haha just had a memory of my 83(?) Night Hawk dominating at Louden with some friends in various cars & motorcycles. Small, light and really powerful in the low end. Yeah I was close to max speed at the end of the quarter mile. There wasn’t much left but my times were great.
I also beat a grand national but that dude kind of screwed up at the start.
Fun day with a couple of biking dudes I knew plus some of their friends.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Since it is increasing everyday at a constant rate, here is a good way to see the value of the payout on a particular day.
Bash:
#!/bin/bash

nowSeconds=$(date +%s);
dateOfDecision=$(date +%s --date "2022-2-14");
dateSinceDecisionInSecs=$(($nowSeconds-$dateOfDecision));
dateSinceDecisionInDays=$(($dateSinceDecisionInSecs/(3600*24)));
startingPayout=$(34000);
rateOfIncrease=$((74000/$startingPayout));
valueNow=$(($startingPayout));
for ((i=1; i<=$(($dateSinceDecisionInDays)); i++))
do
valueNow=(($valueNow*$rateOfIncrease));
done;
echo $valueNow;

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

I understand the logic here.

After agreeing to a $73 million lawsuit settlement with gun-maker Remington, the families of nine Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims say they are shifting their focus to ending firearms advertising with macho, military themes that exploit young men's insecurities, all in the hopes of preventing more mass shootings.

The vast majority of gun lovers I've met or talked with fall into this category.
Having said that, you cant change what's in a mans heart. And if you force gun sellers or manufacturers to change how they advertise their product you dont know that it will make the modern American male any happier or safer. But I do agree we need to stop advertising them as penis extensions.
Women also get advertisements mostly based on their insecurities, and it works. And we have two or maybe three generations of women who are miserable because of it. Are we gonna go after clothing, food, exercise, and drug industries next?
I guarantee theres a handful of billionaires who will never let that happen. Some of those same billionaires have kept us running on fossil fuels a hundred years longer than we really needed to. They have power, and they arent afraid to use it.