Remind me to never purchase an Acura again.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Anyway, it looks like Corn's problem has already been addressed:

Read Lore's last two posts in that thread..............

If I were sure my problem was simply tires, I would just go ahead and purchase my own set out of pocket and be done with it. But because of the dealer's reluctance to put a set of known good tires/wheels on my car for a test drive, I question whether or not my problems really are tires even though I do know I've got 4 bad tires. I feel like they are stalling or something and I'm not going to drop $800 on a decent set of tires just to find out that I've got out of balance half shafts or a vibrating tranny with issues.

I really want to love my car, but I'm borderline angry at the moment. Acura corporate does know I'm unhappy with my car, they called me yesterday to tell me that my VIN was regestered to receive the new tires without even requiring one of their District Managers test it first. The service manager at my dealership appears to be helpful, but I'm still skeptical. He know's I'm not a car noob and have an independent shop I know and trust ready to look at the car if the new tires don't solve my problem.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
First year of new model cars always have problems. Too bad in this case it's worse than other makers.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
out of curiosity, which road were you driving it on? Do you live on the east or west of woodward?

-=bmacd=-

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
ohhhh....Corn!!!! I remember you from the AT get-together ACTPrincess arranged @ Mongolian!

-=bmacd=-

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Corn
Anyway, it looks like Corn's problem has already been addressed:

Read Lore's last two posts in that thread..............

If I were sure my problem was simply tires, I would just go ahead and purchase my own set out of pocket and be done with it. But because of the dealer's reluctance to put a set of known good tires/wheels on my car for a test drive, I question whether or not my problems really are tires even though I do know I've got 4 bad tires. I feel like they are stalling or something and I'm not going to drop $800 on a decent set of tires just to find out that I've got out of balance half shafts or a vibrating tranny with issues.

I really want to love my car, but I'm borderline angry at the moment. Acura corporate does know I'm unhappy with my car, they called me yesterday to tell me that my VIN was regestered to receive the new tires without even requiring one of their District Managers test it first. The service manager at my dealership appears to be helpful, but I'm still skeptical. He know's I'm not a car noob and have an independent shop I know and trust ready to look at the car if the new tires don't solve my problem.

Demand they put the corrected tires (or I highly recommend the high performance tires...very nice) for no charge.

If you still have trouble then by all means complain to high heaven.

I'd just hate to see you pass up on a really nice ride just because of crappy tires.

but in the end you being happy with your purchase is what's important. You'll never see me being fanboi insisting that the TL is the end all car for everybody. I just happen to really like mine. But if it doesn't suit you then....
:beer:

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's why Acura will never be considered a luxury car maker. Lexus wouldn't do that sh!t to you.

Damn, that sucks...good luck with that. Frankly, I'm surprised, as all Acura's I've been in have had stellar QC. My sister drives an RSX and except for the widespread notchy shifter issue, it's been great.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: bmacd
out of curiosity, which road were you driving it on? Do you live on the east or west of woodward?

-=bmacd=-

I'm almost in Milford but bought the car on the complete other end of town. Car vibrates everywhere, 696, I-75, Northwestern HWY, M-5, I-275.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: bmacd
ohhhh....Corn!!!! I remember you from the AT get-together ACTPrincess arranged @ Mongolian!

-=bmacd=-

LOL Yep, I remember you too!

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Last car was an Acura Integra RS. Great little car. Only did scheduled mantinance. Dealer was great. Maybe it a US thing.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Demand they put the corrected tires (or I highly recommend the high performance tires...very nice) for no charge.

Tried to get the HPT's but dealer said it was too close to production date to get the order changed. New OEM tires will be no charge, but I'm really don't want them.........

I'm in the minority, most people love their TL. I just want to be one of them! :brokenheart: :(

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999

Tried to get the HPT's but dealer said it was too close to production date to get the order changed. New OEM tires will be no charge, but I'm really don't want them.........

I'm in the minority, most people love their TL. I just want to be one of them! :brokenheart: :(
Why don't you want them? They're better than nothing.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

nonsense. the difference in price between having the HPT and not is 200 bucks.

meet them halfway and say you'll give 'em 200 bucks for the tires. Not bad considering the tires are 200 bucks EACH.