Remember Ultima Online??

WhiteBay

Jun 5, 2013
From Taming Dragons, Mining Iron to turn into Weapon and armor, or killing other players to take over and control cities. The game that started everything...

I started playing again and its still a lot of fun, definitely the best pvp game out there. I want to start a guild. if you wanna check it out message me on skype or aim: whitebayuo

I can hook ya up with a house and some other stuff to help ya get started too

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Who on earth still uses AIM? I guess someone who still plays UO would. But real UO players used ICQ.

nickbits

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2008
I doubt I will ever have the instant success I did with one of my programs as I did with UO Extreme. Oh those were the days...

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
im clicking a lot and this isnt working are you sure your instructions are correct?

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
I doubt I will ever have the instant success I did with one of my programs as I did with UO Extreme. Oh those were the days...

yea. UOE was damned nice to have. made the game a lot easier.

that and replacing the overland graphics so all the trees showed as stumps...

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
ah the good old days of Pack of gankers patrolling the safe zone, step out, DEAD! Loved the game, hated the player base (well not all) gankers paradise. every 1000 PvP battles maybe 2 where sorta even fights.. 999 was some guy 30 levels over ya..

to bad, it was a good game, took a peak in about a year or two ago again (best buy was closing out an Everything Box for $4.99) still fun.. still gankers.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
ah the good old days of Pack of gankers patrolling the safe zone, step out, DEAD! Loved the game, hated the player base (well not all) gankers paradise. every 1000 PvP battles maybe 2 where sorta even fights.. 999 was some guy 30 levels over ya..

to bad, it was a good game, took a peak in about a year or two ago again (best buy was closing out an Everything Box for $4.99) still fun.. still gankers.

The days of Mining before the world split. Seeing a red pop up on the corner of your screen and running your ass off and hiding.

My mule eventually learned enough magic and i marked and recalled all over the place to mine all the good spots. marked em all on my map. and boat mining was always a good time.

damn that was a fantastic game. lost the prime years of my early adulthood to it. :(

:D

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The days of Mining before the world split. Seeing a red pop up on the corner of your screen and running your ass off and hiding.

My mule eventually learned enough magic and i marked and recalled all over the place to mine all the good spots. marked em all on my map. and boat mining was always a good time.

damn that was a fantastic game. lost the prime years of my early adulthood to it. :(

:D

Explosion pots taught any red to mess with you. >_> I ended up strictly boat mining, which was a bit safer, and EasyUO allowed me to mine afk.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
i enjoyed poisoning food and leaving it around towns. Alchemy was sooooo much fun.

I enjoyed poisoning my kryss' and going Chaos/Order hunting.

Chaos/Order = legendary PvP.

What about back in the day when you could "prime" your spells?

corp por/halbert to the face/vas ort flam -> loot your body.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

Why bother casting when I can double hally hit salute glitch?

Or instant heavy x-bow shot after an explosion / energybolt combo.

My favorite thing was to drop GM tinker trapped explosion boxes around brit bank. Just had to unlock them with magery. Or gating people to Rat Men archers with the warning "Do not enter, you will die and my (young) account character will loot your body." just to watch people go in and die.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Why bother casting when I can double hally hit salute glitch?

salute glitch? wat?

what UO timeframe are these references from?

I never got into archery for PvP. Tried a few different variants, had a GM archer, just couldn't do it as effective as my other PvP chars.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
salute glitch? wat?

what UO timeframe are these references from?

I never got into archery for PvP. Tried a few different variants, had a GM archer, just couldn't do it as effective as my other PvP chars.

Very early on. Before they removed instant hit upon equip. Archery was amazing for pvp, 5x mage with archery / tactics and you could instant hit with a heavy x-bow just by equipping it. It would act as if an attack was instantly ready. They changed this so that upon equip, it acted as if an attack had just happened and you had to wait until you were ready to attack again. That kind of nerfed it, but it still was pretty decent for awhile.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005

ahhhh the days of pre-casting and Hally-Wizards.

Fencing was a fun skill. I always ran around with a spear.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
There was an overlapping time period where you could cast a scroll, and cast a spell and loose them both at one target. Then switch to your heavy x-bow and it was game over. Flamestrike + Ebolt + heavy crossbow= dead.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
ahhhh the days of pre-casting and Hally-Wizards.

Fencing was a fun skill. I always ran around with a spear.

For a while I was a LOL pvp'er, I ran out with this mace of vanquishing or someshit and I had a buckler of invincibility (lol). I was soooo sad when a mace broke it :(

Shit was awesome man, we had a house and a bunch of guys who would drop off full sets of shadow armor and poisoned tipped kryss's weekly.