Remember the lady that got run over at Walmart?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: amdskip
Serves her right for all those stupid claims.

Yep. She seems like one of those people who over exaggerate everything and think her life is falling apart so she can put the blame on someone else. Fvck dis biatch. :D

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
This reminds me of a local Mom and Pop's music store that had to declare bk recently. They had some stairs behind the counter as well as a sign that said employee's only. A professional faller went behind the counter and fell down the stairs. he store didn't have enough money for a legal defense so they had to pay the chick off.

Can't they just bludgeon these people like baby seals or at the very least deport them to Antarctica?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
This woman needs to be drawn and quartered. Then she can try and sue.

KK

Jan 18, 2001
Have you ever wondered where the bullets are in the bullet format function?

• In 1978 and 1982, more than $400 in worker's compensation was paid after she claimed injuries from being struck by a falling object and from slipping and falling while working as a machine operator at a now-defunct manufacturing plant in DeLand.
  • In 1984, she claimed a back sprain from working at a restaurant in Winter Haven, producing $356 in worker's compensation.
  • In 1987, she filed an injury claim against Deltona Lanes, a Volusia County bowling alley, after claiming she slipped and fell while bowling there. In a 1993 sworn deposition in another case, Vanlester testified she received a cash settlement from the bowling alley claim, but did not recall the amount.
  • In 1989, after her car ran off Interstate 4 in Volusia and overturned, she filed a claim against Big T Tire and Wheel Service, of Orange City, claiming the crash was caused by a tire blowout. She testified she received a cash settlement in that case, as well.
  • In 1991, she claimed to have slipped on a puddle of hand lotion while shopping for a curling iron at an Orange City Walgreen's, causing "permanent injury, disability, disfigurement (and) mental anguish." She filed suit in 1993, but it was thrown out in January 1994 after a 10-minute hearing. Walgreen's argued no one at the store had seen any liquid on the floor, so it could not be liable for failing to clean it up.
  • In 1995, Vanlester reported slipping and falling on liquid or grease while working in the meat department of a Eustis Publix, resulting in more than $1,200 in worker's compensation.
  • In 1996, she claimed to have slipped and fallen while working at the layaway desk of a Mt. Dora Wal-Mart, leading to more than $600 in worker's compensation payments.
  • In 1997, she claimed a back strain while working at the snack bar of an Orange City Wal-Mart that was replaced by the Wal-Mart Superstore where she claims to have been trampled last Friday.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Rogue
This furthers my new found observation that false claims, workers comp, unemployment (a lot of times) and FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) have combined to become the new welfare for Americans.

you speak the truth, brotha...

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Ellzey said in an earlier interview that Wal-Mart should have foreseen the danger of unleashing shoppers on a huge bargain at 6 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving. "For several years, every time they do this, people get trampled," she said last week, adding, "I'm panicked. I'm afraid to go into any stores, especially Wal-Mart."

Why would she be placing herself in a known situation this problem unless she intended on taking advantage of the situation. Therapy?:confused:

Mathcop

Dec 30, 2002
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy

I haven't seen a single reply to this thread that exhibits any knowledge of workmans compensation.

It's Worker's Compensation, not Workman's ..... so much for exhibiting knowledge.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Mathcop

I haven't seen a single reply to this thread that exhibits any knowledge of workmans compensation.

It's Worker's Compensation, not Workman's ..... so much for exhibiting knowledge.

Actually, it depends on the state, some call it worker's, some workman's

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Poetic Justice. I already heard this on the MJ Morning Show based out of Tampa on the way to work this morning and they were making fun of her too. I hope she legitimately got trampled this time and due to her past indiscretions WalMart buries her ass in legal proceedings or has this tossed out as soon as she files suit. So, she not only gets pay back from her thieving past she'll get nothing this time around. I love it :D

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
well, so much for my get rich scheme to walk in slowly in front of everyone else at Walmart next day after turkey day.

I hate white trash. Now, I'm not saying that lady is white trash, because all those claims may be legitimate.

-(parody of the video on the news site... they repeatedly said that they weren't saying that the claims were false. Obviously protecting themselves from potentially being a legal target.

Then again, I'll go on record as saying that lady *IS* white trash. And, I want to be judged by a jury of *MY* peers. My peers would all agree.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
As much as I dislike Walmart I hope they hand this litigious biyatch her @ss on a platter

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
wow, getting trampled for relatively petty cash, she coulda easily been killed darwin style. as for the car accident tire blow-out one... that'd be pretty stupid cuz she would have to pay her own insurance deductible and her rates would definetly go up by more than whatever she squeezed from firesTone or whatever

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
maybe she legitimately fell this time? unfortunately, she is like the boy that cried wolf too many times, no one will take her seriously now.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I worked in the earth moving industry as a heavy equipment repairman for 25 years. During that time I filed at least 15 claims for on the job injury. Does that make me a scam artist? No, my claims were for medical treatment for on the job injuries. I never received any settlements, just medical treatment.

You have to understand what a WC claim is.
Perhaps if her record wasn't littered with claims of slipping and falling while shopping, bowling, and driving her workers comp claims might not be so unbelievable. As it stands, she appears to be a fraud, so who's to say she actually got hurt those times she claimed it happened at work? If she had only ever had workers comp claims it might be one thing. But all of those "injured customer" claims make her look like complete fraud. I think if they can prove fraud she should receive jail time.

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Now I feel upset knowing that a legitimate shopper was denied a dvd player because Walmart was so kind to put one on hold for this liar.