Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Discussion - Releasing November 5th 2019

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I played online on the PS4 and it was incredibly bland. The missions were just fluffed fetch quests and every server I joined ended up having one or two posses just riding around killing everyone. It felt like GTA V online, except it wasn't fun.

Reactions: Jeffreyz

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I am currently 30 percent or so into a playthrough on PC. I think I will stop and wait for the update. As I am looking forward to DLSS and raytracing support coming soon. Game is already beautiful, and it should be next level stuff with the new eye candy.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
This is by far the most beautiful game I have ever played. The amount of detail is also staggering considering the size of it.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I am currently 30 percent or so into a playthrough on PC. I think I will stop and wait for the update. As I am looking forward to DLSS and raytracing support coming soon. Game is already beautiful, and it should be next level stuff with the new eye candy.

They promised DLSS and RT without having to double dip? Game looks so good already on PC I wouldn't bother, especially if you're waiting a few weeks or worse months and kind of lose momentum with Arthur and the story.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
They promised DLSS and RT without having to double dip? Game looks so good already on PC I wouldn't bother, especially if you're waiting a few weeks or worse months and kind of lose momentum with Arthur and the story.
I played through plus Marston and a bunch of the Easter eggs, when it came out on PS4 pro. No big deal to wait for the updates.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I played through plus Marston and a bunch of the Easter eggs, when it came out on PS4 pro. No big deal to wait for the updates.

Ah ok. But is there actually any raytraced version promised as an upgrade? Wouldn't surprise me to see Rockstar double dip and make you rebuy the game for RT, they're already triple dipping on GTA V.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Ah ok. But is there actually any raytraced version promised as an upgrade? Wouldn't surprise me to see Rockstar double dip and make you rebuy the game for RT, they're already triple dipping on GTA V.
Nvidia says RTX owners are getting the new enhancements for free - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...?linkId=100000047465849#red-dead-redemption-2

EDIT: And my bad on RT, it only stated DLSS. I read it along with the Doom Eternal announcement, which is getting both. I misread it as both games.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveGrabowski