Recycle your dead monitors, old computers, etc., at Office Depot for Free!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
okay panda, at the behest of these other posters (rightfully so), i would suggest you edit your post to remove your employer's information and any identifying information. You could be found guilty of libel, defamation, and slander as well as causing the company to lose "mucho" profits.

thanks for the laugh though.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: KidViciou$
okay panda, at the behest of these other posters (rightfully so), i would suggest you edit your post to remove your employer's information and any identifying information. You could be found guilty of libel, defamation, and slander as well as causing the company to lose "mucho" profits.

thanks for the laugh though.

yea you would also have to tell the others who quoted him to edit their posts.... :)

caivoma

Sep 3, 2004
i check on the website and it is designed for internet explore, go figure. anyway, that is a really funny post

silent tone

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
So are TV's as environmentally damaging as monitors? What about other consumer electronics? Most households have a couple TVs, DVD player, VCR, game console etc. Those all get replaced every 5-10 years.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: toant103
Originally posted by: TechSerf<BR>You can always do what a friend of mine did upon finding this out. He had six old, dead 14" &amp; 15" monitors lying in his garage. Well in Cali it cost's about $25 just to dump these each! :Q<BR><BR>Anyway he went to OD before they opened and left them outside their door. What were they going to do, throw them away? <BR><BR>I thought it was little rude myself. Also if you have more than on OD you can take one item to each if needed or keep going back day after day. ;)
<BR><BR>wow, can you just throw them away in a dumpster?

You can it's just illegal lol...

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: istallion
So are TV's as environmentally damaging as monitors? What about other consumer electronics? Most households have a couple TVs, DVD player, VCR, game console etc. Those all get replaced every 5-10 years.

TV's and CRT tubes have a lot of lead in them, other things arnt bad, LCD displays, dont cause any harm i know of, but if anyone is throwing out a working LCD monitor ship it to me instead...

Jes

Nov 19, 2001
Hope this isn't inappropriate.

I have a niece in college who lives nearby with my parents.
She's from California and came to Chicago for her studies leaving her family behind. (she wants a better life and knows education is the best way to do it)

Her computer (Pentium II 300mhz, 96mb Memory) hard drive went out and she asked me to fix it for her. She only uses it for light web surfing and word processing.

Do any of you (near Chicago, IL.) with those old computers, have any old harddrives (under 10 gig ) or old PC100/133, 128mb or above, memory available?
Maybe even a Slot 1, Pentium II 450 processor laying around??

PM if you do.

Jes