Reasons people of color are shot by Police...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
You're saying that the people demonstrating have faith in the police and justice system?

Am I being racist? Feel free to explain and I can answer.

I did not say that, nice try at putting words in my mouth.

I in fact asked a question, and provided data showing 'the people' have not lost confidence in the police.

You on the other hand provide nothing. Your opinion is not backed up by anything.

Here's what facts look like. It's notable that as BLM has continued on, the view of the average American on them and their 'cause' has dropped steadily.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...what_america_thinks_black_lives_vs_blue_lives

Most voters have an unfavorable opinion of the Black Lives Matter movement which formed in the wake of the Ferguson, Missouri protests two years ago. Just 26% think the movement actually supports reforms to ensure all Americans are treated fairly under the law.

By comparison, 54% of voters would support a so-called “Blue Lives Matter” law in their state that categorizes attacks on police and first responders as a hate crime and increases the penalties for such attacks. Americans give the police in their area overwhelmingly positive ratings and believe there is a war on police these days.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Your suggestions and "could be" are not facts.
No it isn't. They are speculation based on the facts. I'm not basing anything off of my speculation like dank was. He's using his speculation as evidence. I'm using data as evidence in support of my speculation.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I did not say that, nice try at putting words in my mouth.

I in fact asked a question, and provided data showing 'the people' have not lost confidence in the police.

You on the other hand provide nothing. Your opinion is not backed up by anything.

Maybe I just didn't think that anyone would be so stupid as to need an example of people who have lost faith in the police and justice system when this thread is about a demonstration of people who have lost faith in the police and justice system?

Here's what facts look like. It's notable that as BLM has continued on, the view of the average American on them and their 'cause' has dropped steadily.

That's lovely and everything but who's talking about the average American?

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Maybe I just didn't think that anyone would be so stupid as to need an example of people who have lost faith in the police and justice system when this thread is about a demonstration of people who have lost faith in the police and justice system?

That's lovely and everything but who's talking about the average American?

I really didn't think you would be so stupid as to not know that "the people", which is what you said, don't necessarily think like "the people in the demonstration" (which is what you're saying now). That would be like someone saying that because some Nazi's demonstrated somewhere, "the people" think like the Nazis. Your logic is inescapably facile, devoid of content, circular and self-justifying. But all of that that is not surprising considering who your source is (yourself).

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I really didn't think you would be so stupid as to not know that "the people", which is what you said, don't necessarily think like "the people in the demonstration" (which is what you're saying now).

What? The people in the demonstration aren't people now?

WTF.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
What? The people in the demonstration aren't people now?

WTF.

"The people", the term you used, obviously implies a broad cross-section, which "the people in the demonstration" (again obviously) don't represent. "The people" as a whole are very supportive of police and the justice system.

But go ahead and keep up this drivel, you are making yourself look like a complete idiot as if it weren't already obvious.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
"The people", the term you used, obviously implies a broad cross-section, which "the people in the demonstration" (again obviously) don't represent. .

Unless I was referring to the people that the thread is about?

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Unless I was referring to the people that the thread is about?

And if you recall, my initial question was what people?

Here's what you said :

WelshBloke said:
So?

It doesn't really matter what you think.

People have lost faith in the police and justice system. You doing an impersonation of the Iraqi information minister isn't going to make it better.

In point of fact, people have about the same faith in the police and justice system as they had 24 years ago.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
And if you recall, my initial question was what people?

Here's what you said :

In point of fact, people have about the same faith in the police and justice system as they had 24 years ago.

Indeed that's what I said. Did I say that literally everyone in the US has lost faith in the police and justice system?

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
I know right! Fuck these guys peacefully protesting and trying to change systemic problems by exercising their right to assemble and lobby their government!

I can't think of another group in recent history that has protested in a more violent and destructive manner.

Closing bridges, blocking roads during rush hour, graffiti, vandalism, etc. They even blocked major freeways on holiday travel days. Is there a more dickish move than to punish innocent people like that when they're just trying to see friends and family?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I can't think of another group in recent history that has protested in a more violent and destructive manner.

Closing bridges, blocking roads during rush hour, graffiti, vandalism, etc. They even blocked major freeways on holiday travel days. Is there a more dickish move than to punish innocent people like that when they're just trying to see friends and family?

I agree. There are many of them who are very good people and do not do any of those things you mentioned. They strive for better without breaking laws.

Then there are those who break laws, lie, and terrorize others. Paris killings? BLM pouted and said it took attention from them. BLM member have falsified police reports claiming racism when in fact they were wrong (bus incident). BLM has had an active member get arrested for human trafficking and prostitution, I guess those lives didn't matter. Just a few days ago BLM protest a gay parade in Toronto. Sitting in the streets and stopping the parade, demanding that they sign a contract with 9 demands before they would get up, that is a terrorist act. There is no denying it. There are so many more examples of people within the BLM movement that do terrible things. I believe there are far more good people who support BLM than bad. But just as there are far more good cops than bad, the bad are in the media more and more people are aware of them. Which makes them all look bad. It's hypocritical of some people here who claim all cops are bad, but not BLM and support what they are doing. It is also idiotic.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
...Terrorist act?

Terrorism is using (the threat of) violence for political aims. Sitting in a street ta halt a parade ain't terrorism.

Nov 25, 2013
I agree. There are many of them who are very good people and do not do any of those things you mentioned. They strive for better without breaking laws.

Then there are those who break laws, lie, and terrorize others. Paris killings? BLM pouted and said it took attention from them. BLM member have falsified police reports claiming racism when in fact they were wrong (bus incident). BLM has had an active member get arrested for human trafficking and prostitution, I guess those lives didn't matter. Just a few days ago BLM protest a gay parade in Toronto. Sitting in the streets and stopping the parade, demanding that they sign a contract with 9 demands before they would get up, that is a terrorist act. There is no denying it. There are so many more examples of people within the BLM movement that do terrible things. I believe there are far more good people who support BLM than bad. But just as there are far more good cops than bad, the bad are in the media more and more people are aware of them. Which makes them all look bad. It's hypocritical of some people here who claim all cops are bad, but not BLM and support what they are doing. It is also idiotic.

Clutch tighter

pearlclutching.jpg

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

why do you hate the BLM?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Wondering...what Black Community will the obama and his family be living in when he leaves office??

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Wondering...what Black Community will the obama and his family be living in when he leaves office??
Haha, Sister Martha Stewart, brother Warren Buffet.

Actually, I thought I saw he already bought a house in Hawaii.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
...Terrorist act?

Terrorism is using (the threat of) violence for political aims. Sitting in a street ta halt a parade ain't terrorism.

Actually it's, "the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims." You left that little bit out. They surely did that. Not only in the parade act, but it calling for cops to be killed and other acts. Denying some members have acted in a terrorist way is false. Have all members done this? Hell no. As I said I have no doubts many have acted in nothing but a positive way, yet the bad acts of a few overshadow the many acts of the good.

Clutch tighter

Can't disprove anything I say, so you make a silly post. Good job.

why do you hate the BLM?

I don't. I hate some things some have done. I understand what the main point is, yet with the hypocrisy and lies it makes them look bad when some of their members call to kill cops, lie on police reports to make racism when it't not, etc. I hate some of the things cops do too, lie, steal, etc. And with their hypocrisy and lies it makes them look bad too. One is not exclusive of the other. BLM also apparently doesn't give a shit about blacks killing blacks, very rarely do you see any type of protest on that. But a guy who was trying to strangle his gf and the police stop him? Oh shit, better protest and riot over that.

Last edited: