Really interesting 1080p LED Android projector on Indigogo

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
So this actually looks like a really amazing projector for a really great price. It's currently selling in China; the Indigogo campaign is for an international version. This isn't as bright as the LG PF1500u (1,400 lumens vs. 900 lumens), but has over double the throw distance (300" vs. 120"). From having used various LED projectors over the years, my current favorite is the Viewsonic PLED-W800, which has 800 lumens because with LED, 800 lumens is a very good brightness; 900 lumens will look even better.

I'm not an overly huge fan of having CPU's built into projectors or televisions, but the onboard Android computer looks pretty decent...H.265 support, 4K decoding (downsamples to 1080p), 3 gigs of RAM, add your own apps...would be pretty nice to put PLEX, KODI, and various games on, especially since it has Bluetooth support, so gamepad games shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully I'll have a hands-on with it by Christmas!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h1-immersive-home-theater-that-fits-in-your-hands--2#/

Summary:

* $700 shipped
* 1080p LED projector
* Harman Kardon stereo speakers
* Android player built-in
* Wireless remote

Details:

* $700 (at the time of writing) shipped to the US, ships for Christmas
* 1080p LED DLP projector (up to 300") with active-shutter 3D support & 4K downsampling support (TI 0.47" DMD RGB-LED chip with 3439 controller & 30k-hour bulb)
* 1.1x optical zoom (1.39-1.5:1 projection ratio with +/- 35-degree vertical keystone & +/- 30-degree horizontal keystone
* 45mm 7.5-watt Harman Kardon integrated stereo speakers with Bluetooth support
* Android OS with quad-core 1.7ghz CPU with built-in Wi-Fi & mobile screen mirroring (Cortex A17 structure, Mali T760 MP4 GPU, 3GB RAM, HEVC/H.265 form, 60fps UltraHD 4K decoder, new Mstar 6A928 TV chip)
* Bluetooth remote & smartphone control
* Horizontal & vertical keystone

Speaker demo:

https://vimeo.com/184365163

Video demo:

https://vimeo.com/184365164

Wide-range keystone correction:

13_Keystone_Img_oqa995.jpg

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
Wow, this does look tempting! Did you back it? I've been itching to pull the trigger on a PF1500u but this is way more bang for the buck. Love my LG PB60G but it's only 720p and I'm looking to upgrade!

Last edited:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Wow, this does look tempting! Did you back it? I've been itching to pull the trigger on a PF1500u but this is way more bang for the buck. Love my LG PB60G but it's only 720p and I'm looking to upgrade!

Yup, I backed it at $699 (a few hundred spots still left). Sounds like it will be here by Christmas, if not by New Year's at the latest. My official estimated delivery date is December 15th. Per their Indigogo page:

Orders placed now will begin shipping in December, and we guarantee a Holiday 2016 deliver

It already exists in China:

http://www.xgimi.cn/H1/specs

The crowdfunding thing is simply to pay for an English translation of the menus & to ship it free to the US. $699 for a 1080p LED projector with 900 lumens is a steal; having an Android computer & quality stereo system built-in are great bonuses. I've setup a lot of LED projectors, mostly for friends & family, and you usually need a source (like say a Fire stick) plus speakers (cheap Bluetooth speakers are convenient), but then things start getting a bit messy...having it all inside the projector case is pretty appealing tbh. There's a review of the Chinese version here: (if you have Google Chrome, just use the built-in translation feature)

http://www.hksilicon.com/articles/1056445

Your PB60G is 500 lumens; I feel that 800 lumens is really the minimum for an LED projector in terms of being comparable to traditional bulbs. My first LED projector was the Viewsonic PLED-W500, which was also 500 lumens, and it was only really good in complete darkness, and even then, I really wish it had more lumens - but it did have a great picture, which is what sold me on LED bulbs. When the 800-lumen PLED-W800 came out, I was pretty happy with that. So this jumps up another 100 lumens AND upgrades the resolution to 1080p, so that's pretty slick. Per their website, it does have a 30,000-hour bulb life rating:

http://www.xgimi.com/h1.html

I'll compare it to the PF1500u when it arrives. The PF1500u is a great machine, and far brighter at 1,400 lumens, but for $160 less, the H1 gives you very acceptable brightness (900 lumens), plus good speakers, plus a built-in media streamer (KODI, emulators, whatever you want). You can buy the Chinese version from Ali Express for $995 if you want to get a jump on it:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...r-4K-1080p-900-Super/1038084_32659255650.html

But eh, wait a couple of months & you'll not only get it for cheaper, but get it in English, and also shipped for free ($92 shipped from Ali to me, yikes!). Also, I really like how it looks:

1460111074_115.jpg

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
That is a very cool projector. I already have my trusty Epson Cinema Pro 8350 in my HT room but this would be a great projector to take out doors for summer parties or movies with the family.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
That is a very cool projector. I already have my trusty Epson Cinema Pro 8350 in my HT room but this would be a great projector to take out doors for summer parties or movies with the family.

Yeah, I'm actually really interested in trying it out for outdoor movie parties. I have a 12' inflatable screen from Walmart it would be awfully nice to have the projector, speakers, and media player all in one unit so I can just bring a tripod instead of a foldable card table to put everything on. I just use a simple boombox for audio now & it's fine for outdoors. My previous 500-lumen LED projector did decent once it got really dark, so 900 lumens should be just fine. Granted, you can get a bulb-based 3,000-lumen 1080p projector for like $650 these days, but those don't come with very good speakers or much, if any, of an internal media player, so this is a really appealing product if you like to tote your projector around or don't want to wire a bunch of stuff up at home.

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
You see this bit about Xgimi already out with an upgraded version of the H1 in China? 1,000 lumens and better contrast ratio. Really hoping they give that model to us backers.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
You see this bit about Xgimi already out with an upgraded version of the H1 in China? 1,000 lumens and better contrast ratio. Really hoping they give that model to us backers.

No, dang! I don't think an extra 100 lumens is a dealbreaker, but the contrast ratio might be. From my reddit post:

The only red flag I can see is the contrast ratio. The Chinese version is listed at 10,000:1. That is phenomenally low for an LED projector (the contrast on the modern LED models is over 100,000:1). The thing that makes LED projectors amazing is insane contrast ratios, which gives you an incredible picture. With regular bulb projectors, you're far more prone to hotspots & other issues that cause the picture not to look as good as it could; with LED (well, with good LED projectors starting with say the Aaxa P300 & going up to the Viewsonics & LG models), the picture is clear, even, and has fantastic color. Especially the color, actually...that's why I prefer LED projectors over regular bulb models, it just looks so dang good! However, my original W500 only had a 6,000:1 contrast ratio (500 lumens, 720p) & had really good contrast, so I'm thinking that 10k:1 on a 900-lumen LED bulb will be sufficient. Their videos on Vimeo look pretty good to me. I think that, like the cooling fan noise, it will be another non-issue.

I don't think the existing 10k:1 contrast ratio is going to be an issue (based on my past experience with the PLED-W500), but until I get a hands-on, I can't say for sure. It looks pretty good in their shot-on-iPhone video. Bummer that there's a better model out already, but as the company is based in China, I guess it makes sense. With the new version out, the Indigogo campaign may have been a stock-sell project to deplete old inventory by converting the interface to English & offloading them to the international market...which is totally fine, because there are no true Full HD LED projectors out for under $850, let alone ones with good built-in speakers & an Android system onboard.

Mar 11, 2004
Its interesting but also kinda not that impressive if its effectively just bringing a Chinese brand over?

I feel like the way the speaker is setup is wrong, as it should be rear facing? I just don't really see the need for a nice speaker (or having it as a separate speaker makes more sense to me as even just including a good speaker in the same housing as a projector/bulb/lens setup just seems to be asking for trouble) unless its a short throw with rear facing speaker. Either the projector is going to be above your head, in front of you, or if its in between, it'd be better to have a couple of built-in headphone jacks.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope the Chinese brands can bring in some more variety and affordability, but the mixture of crowdfunding and it doesn't really standout that much (and its not that much cheaper, I think you can buy light scratch and dent LG1500s from Amazon for under $800 now; I paid just over $900 including tax for the more expensive short throw one), and I have concerns about support and fixes of issues. And my experience in dealing with a lot of other Chinese versions (audio gear, cell phones), they are impressive on specs, but often fall short of living up to those specs for various reasons. They are getting better though.

I think if I was going to go for something like this, I'd want a pretty firmly established brand (for instance, ZTE in phones, they have real presence in the US so have some hope that can get warranty service and software support; Fiio in audio has been pretty good too) or would want something that is simple and cheap (so stuff like those Korean monitors where you get good size/resolution/refresh but it was simple and lacked processing which worked to its advantage). So for this, I'd want no speaker/Android, with a lower price or 4K (even if it cost more, a 4K LED projector for $1000 would still be interesting).

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Its interesting but also kinda not that impressive if its effectively just bringing a Chinese brand over?

I feel like the way the speaker is setup is wrong, as it should be rear facing? I just don't really see the need for a nice speaker (or having it as a separate speaker makes more sense to me as even just including a good speaker in the same housing as a projector/bulb/lens setup just seems to be asking for trouble) unless its a short throw with rear facing speaker. Either the projector is going to be above your head, in front of you, or if its in between, it'd be better to have a couple of built-in headphone jacks.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope the Chinese brands can bring in some more variety and affordability, but the mixture of crowdfunding and it doesn't really standout that much (and its not that much cheaper, I think you can buy light scratch and dent LG1500s from Amazon for under $800 now; I paid just over $900 including tax for the more expensive short throw one), and I have concerns about support and fixes of issues. And my experience in dealing with a lot of other Chinese versions (audio gear, cell phones), they are impressive on specs, but often fall short of living up to those specs for various reasons. They are getting better though.

I think if I was going to go for something like this, I'd want a pretty firmly established brand (for instance, ZTE in phones, they have real presence in the US so have some hope that can get warranty service and software support; Fiio in audio has been pretty good too) or would want something that is simple and cheap (so stuff like those Korean monitors where you get good size/resolution/refresh but it was simple and lacked processing which worked to its advantage). So for this, I'd want no speaker/Android, with a lower price or 4K (even if it cost more, a 4K LED projector for $1000 would still be interesting).

1. From a feasibility perspective, yes, they are simply using Indigogo as a marketing tool. All they are doing is translating the menu language to English & covering international shipping to the US. And if there really is a 1,000-lumen model out already, then they are also clearing out old stock. From a US consumer perspective, your only 1080p LED projector options are the PF1500 (~$870) or the PF1000U ($1,210), so being able to buy a 1080p projector (plus speakers, plus Android player) for $700 shipped is a stellar deal because those are now the only three options we have.

2. XGIMI already has a US presence & sells their Z4 LED projector right on Amazon. Granted, I don't know if they have an actual building in the US or just a distributor that they ship to, so like you said, how good will support be if you have issues?

3. For some reason, the LED projector market has really been lagging. We've been stuck at 720p for years now, and as of today, only have two readily available 1080p models in the sub-$1500 market space (Runco etc. have some high-end 1080p LED projectors, but we're talking like $20k here). Even though TI has a "cheap" 4K DMD chip out, I don't know when we're even going to see those in (affordable) LED projectors. Plus, most manufacturers use bulbs, and LED is a pretty different technology, not to mention the fact that by selling LED projectors, they won't be selling expensive replacement bulbs anymore, so there's not much incentive for them, I'm sure.

4. Separately, I'm not overly concerned with brightness; in my own experience, 800 lumens is sufficient for a standard home theater, so 900 should be fine & the 1,400 in the PF1500 is just gravy, so even though they technically don't compare to the sub-$1k 2,000 & 3,000-lumen projectors, they still work great. I'll post a quick review when I get my H1 in December!

5. I'm personally not a big fan of having integrated computers into displays because they get upgraded so quickly; the exception being Roku televisions because the new 4K Roku TV's are pretty cheap & 4K isn't going anywhere for awhile, so you get 1080p & 4K support plus apps, and that should last the life of the television, I think. Curious to see if they keep pushing out updates for the Android system in the H1, but I doubt it because no one really updates their droids after shipping.

6. Despite the design, the sound seems like it sounds pretty good...again, I'll post a review once I get mine. My HT2050 has a surprisingly good speaker in it; I actually used just that until I got my surround-sound system installed because it was so good (best I've ever heard in a projector, actually).

Kongolese

Oct 24, 2016
I just backed this and now having second thoughts. How do you think this will compare to my Optoma HD26 with 3200 ANSI lumens in terms of brightness?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
FYI, they hit their stretch goal of $400k, so we're getting the stand adapter included for free:

37_1_Stand_Adaptor_2_pyfg2q.png

From there, you can separately purchase a wall, ceiling, or floor mount from Amazon, all of which will be available when the H1 ships.

37_2_Add_Ons_2_l4yj56.png

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
I just backed this and now having second thoughts. How do you think this will compare to my Optoma HD26 with 3200 ANSI lumens in terms of brightness?

LED lumens are perceived brighter than traditional bulb lumens to the eye, but this is still a 900-lumen projector, so apples to apples, the HD26 has 1,700 more lumens than the H1. Also, there aren't really any in-depth reviews of the unit yet, so nobody really knows how it stacks up.

Curious, why back it if you already have a nice 1080p projector? Adding a second setup?

Kongolese

Oct 24, 2016
LED lumens are perceived brighter than traditional bulb lumens to the eye, but this is still a 900-lumen projector, so apples to apples, the HD26 has 1,700 more lumens than the H1. Also, there aren't really any in-depth reviews of the unit yet, so nobody really knows how it stacks up.

Curious, why back it if you already have a nice 1080p projector? Adding a second setup?
Well, I currently have this projector which is pretty nice but would need a slight horizontal keystone, my soundbar is connected via bluetooth and the FireTV just hangs around the projector which I tried to hide in a end table next to the sofa... This just seems to be a more beautiful, all-in solution. So I'm replacing... Oh and this is my only setup - no TV! Would you recommend not to switch for my purpose?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Well, I currently have this projector which is pretty nice but would need a slight horizontal keystone, my soundbar is connected via bluetooth and the FireTV just hangs around the projector which I tried to hide in a end table next to the sofa... This just seems to be a more beautiful, all-in solution. So I'm replacing... Oh and this is my only setup - no TV! Would you recommend not to switch for my purpose?

Actually, this sounds perfect for your setup! Looks nice, built-in sound, built-in Android, no bulb to replace, and should look great. Again, subject to reviews, but based on my experience with LED projectors, unless they've screwed this unit up pretty bad, it should be a really nice projector.

jasonwell90

Nov 10, 2016
NEW Nowadays there are many affordable options out there, picking a streaming device can be really tough! How about Aodin Android Projector?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
NEW Nowadays there are many affordable options out there, picking a streaming device can be really tough! How about Aodin Android Projector?

Despite the obvious marketing post, there are actually a lot of interesting mini Android projects. Their specs blow, but they are cheap: ($239 for this particular model)

https://www.amazon.com/Aodin-Projector-Features-Vertical-Keystone-Correction/dp/B01IV28J3S

* 50 lumens
* 1000:1 contrast
* 854*480 (WVGA) resolution
* Android 4.4 (extremely outdated...current version is Android 7) with 1GB DDR3 & 32GB flash

Fans are typically noisy, focus is somewhat difficult, and speakers have hardly any output at all (reviews confirm this), but they are portable, have a battery, and are functional. I have a similar model (FastFox E06S) & while it's decent for the price, the XGIMI H1 is lightyears ahead of it...true 1080p output, real speakers, 10,000:1 contrast ratio, an Android board with 3 gigs of RAM (although I think it's only Android 5.1 with 16gb eMMC, according to forum posts & the specs on Amazon). So it depends on what you want. The mini projectors are 1/3 the price, but you're also getting 1/3 the quality.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Got mine in! I'll post pictures tomorrow, but some thoughts:

1. It's actually a LOT smaller than I expected. The (small) Asian hand models makes it look a lot larger than it really is, haha.

2. Sound is on a reverse bell curve, with a drop in male tenor. Basically sounds like a soundbar, if you know what I'm talking about - has that kind of funny vaulted-ceiling sound, almost like a cheap boombox, for that tenor range. Mid-bass is surprisingly good; Josh Turner came out crystal-clear. Female voices (alto & soprano) are also pretty decent; Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" came out great. But if you throw on something like Maroon 5, you'll notice the sound quality take a dive.

3. As far as volume goes, fills the room up just fine! It does muffle a bit when placed on a flat surface (although not as bad as I anticipated); I have the mounting plate & a wall mount for mine, so I'm curious to see how much that affects the sound. Lifting it up off my table improves the sound (short legs on the projector for the sound to sneak out underneath), so we'll see if the indented mount plate improves that at all.

4. Android 5.1.1, for those who care (re: KODI). GUI is very zippy FYI (which is great because most I've used aren't).

5. TV interface is very good. Clean, simple, fast (very responsive). I haven't tried Android TV, so to date this is the best Android GUI I've tested. Comes with the Aptoide store.

6. You can set it to boot to Android, HDMI 1, or HDMI 2 by default. NICE. I have a pico projector that boots into Android first (and only), and it's super annoying (especially since that pico has crappy touch controls). There is a power button on the projector itself, as well as the remote. You can also disable the projector screen via remote, but leave the Android portion running if you'd like (handy if you're in the middle of a game, but want to play it the next day or whatever).

7. Pretty quiet operation, haven't heard the fan yet. Note that you can check system temp in settings, which is a nice feature.

8. I though the remote would be dumb, but it's actually really great. As far as I can tell it is metal, very nice quality! The iPhone app is also excellent...I switched to the touch input, which let me use a mouse cursor in Netflix easily, and was able to launch a download to get Netflix right from the phone.

9. The electronic focus is GREAT! It's not the same as my Smartbeam UO v3 laser autofocus (which imo every projector should have, haha), but it does let you do the focus electronically, and is VERY sharp. System is very easy to use...switch on the Function key on the bottom of the remote & use the volume up & down buttons to dial in the focus.

10. Initial setup: it boots up and says something I think in Chinese (listened to it a few times, might be in English, can't tell what the girl is saying). First run, the screen is all blurry & they have you pair the remote. Then you use the electronic focus system to sharpen it up. Then you get on wi-fi & you're ready to party! After that, when you boot up, it does a little slideshow of XGIMI projector products & then pops straight into the XGIMI Android GUI.

11. VERY happy with the brightness. It is VERY bright. 900 LED lumens = more than adequate. Tested in the dark, as well as with my bathroom light on (testing in my bedroom on the blank wall) - very visible image with a good amount of indirect lighting in the room (direct lighting - overhead LED can lights in my case - does wash it out quite a bit, as is expected...was not expected a decent picture indirect lighting, however!).

12. Reserving judgement on picture quality. 4K Youtube stuff (well, it plays at 1080p, but for "4K videos" like the famous Costa Rica one) looks really great. Netflix looked awful, but I was using the tablet version & need to figure out how to make it go HD properly (iirc as of last year, there was some sort of partner certification process for Android players, not sure if that still applies or not). Mostly poked around Youtube tho. Most stuff looked pretty good. As far as really digging into the PQ, at first blush it seems to have more of a "digital" picture than my BenQ HT2050, but I don't know if that's just Youtube compression talking or what, so I'll have to test it out with some Blurays & stuff and maybe fire it up side-by-side with my bulb-based projector. Flicking my eyes around, I did see a bit of rainbow effect (although that's not something that bothers me personally, and I haven't seen it on my BenQ at all). Need to test fast motion, image quality, etc. to really get a feel for it. I will say that Maroon 5's "Sugar" music video had some really stunning shots...there's one shot where the main singer is looking at the camera while wearing reflective sunglasses & it's just uber uber sharp, you can see the reflections in the glasses and it was just crystal clear. I'll try to take some shots of the screen to at least give you an idea of how the image looks.

Overall - QUITE pleased! Wish I had sprung for a second at the discount! Plug it into power, hook it up to wi-fi, and you have a whole screenless "theater in a box"! One of my favorite projectors I've played with so far. Kicks the 1080p LG LED UST in the pants for sure. Like night & day better. Anyway, pics tomorrow & will play with it more this weekend to test!

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
The box:

DZ7dqWI.jpg

Snug fit: (padded)

SycLcpG.jpg

Unboxed:

QbOQV85.jpg

Free at last:

oDwmjCT.jpg

The lens: (manual-open sliding cover)

JWOF4io.jpg

Top buttons:

1CFLNps.jpg

Back ports:

JjnqmW4.jpg

All the bits & pieces: (Roku remote for size reference)

swMChyG.jpg

Bottom: (speakers)

61DO0cE.jpg

Full HD "really" ROFL:

VceBbYT.jpg

Function sliding button & charging port on the bottom of the remote:

PzFEuot.jpg

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Ok that's pretty funny. Interesting looking projector.

I like it. It's basically an Android projector with a soundbar built-in. Not the best sound, but very good for not having to run any wires. I wish it ran Roku as the OS tho, but it's easy enough to plug a Roku stick in & have it boot up to that input directly.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
If you don't mind a partial Chinese menu, the X1S-Aurora is the latest XGIMI model available:

https://www.amazon.com/Projector-XGIMI-H1S-Aurora-Customized-Subwoofer/dp/B071FTK8V8

This one is sold by Kaya Projectors (don't do a full reset, as it will wipe the English interface out). XGIMI is still working on the international firmware, which will be supported by a future system update, so this is more for early adopters. Specs:

* $1,100 shipped (H1 = $850 shipped, so a $250 increase)
* 1,200 ANSI lumens (H1 = 900 lumens, so a 300-lumen increase)
* 20,000:1 contrast ratio (H1 = 10,000:1, so a 10k contrast increase)
* Keystone correction: Vertical: +-45 degree, Horizontal: +-45 degree (H1 = +-35 degree, horizontal: +-30 degree, so an extra 10 degrees vertically and an extra 15 horizontally)
* Throw rate - Projection Ratio: 1.2 :1 (H1 = Projection ratio: 1.39 - 1.5 :1)
* Darker exterior shell color (looks nicer, not so much like a cheese grater anymore)

A note on the H1 - their version of lens shift is pretty insane. Like, you can have it all the way to the left of the screen or all the way to the right rather than straight in the middle. Craziest lens shift & keystone correction I've ever seen.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
XGIMI H2 now available:

https://www.amazon.com/Projector-LiveTV-Direct-H2-Customized-Enhanced/dp/B07D67VTHV/

Same seller, but on eBay: ($50 more)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Home-Cinem...to-Focus-Android-3D-Projector-TV/192328158664

Same deal as the H1/H1S/H1S-Aurora, limited English translation through the importer Kaya Projectors (don't upgrade the firmware!). Notes:

* $1,099 shipped (takes a few weeks to arrive from China, Amazon seller name is LiveTV.Direct, sold by Kaya Projectors)
* 1,350 ANSI lumens
* 1080p native with 4K & H.265 video decoding
* Electronic sliding lens door (much nicer for ceiling-mounted installations)
* Android 6.0 with Google Play Store

Biggest gripes:

* Imported, so limited support & repairs. The BT remote died on my brother's H1 & we've just been using a wireless mouse to control it since then because they never sent a free replacement (like they said they would) & he didn't want to pay $55 for their remote from an online store.
* Mostly Chinese menu (recommend just having it boot to HDMI by default instead & using your own Android/Roku/whatever player), still no 100% English official firmware.
* Non-standard remote control (=meh for integration).
* Color temperature runs a little cool for my tastes. I still prefer the warmth from a regular bulb overall, but LED is so dang convenient!

This is still currently my favorite projector. The PQ is fantastic, there's no bulb to replace, and the keystone/throw features are phenomenal. Everyone I've set this up with absolutely loves them. I also can't confirm it yet, but the Chinese advertising for the H2 appears to say that it supports HDR10 as well as some other features like motion compensation, so I'll have to wait until I get my hands on one (late June, for my friend's HT install) to see.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
XGIMI H2-Aurora now available:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DM5LY7B

Extra hundred bucks ($1,200), but you get 1,500 lumens.

Also, my buddy's H2 arrived today (they must have had some in stock in the US, I guess). Tested out at 20' diagonal & looks ridiculous lol (in a good way). Motorized lens cover is also a nice perk!

Last edited:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Also, my buddy's H2 arrived today (they must have had some in stock in the US, I guess). Tested out at 20' diagonal & looks ridiculous lol (in a good way). Motorized lens cover is also a nice perk!

Did some additional testing of the H2 in a barn that had a reasonably flat white wall. Max was about an 80-foot diagonal. Just insane! Obviously it needs to be extremely dark, but the picture was pretty dang watchable, haha. Makes me want to find a place with a barn so I can retrofit it into a massive home theater!